PDA

View Full Version : Why worry about fw190 cockpit// the firepower is fubar

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 01:16 AM
Maybe its because you cant kill things with the FW190 dora
this is the BIGGEST FLAW IN THE WHOLE GAME
here is my Question

Bf109 k-4

If the guns on the Bf109 k-4 knock down planes with one short burst and the guns are this
Armaments: 1 x 30mm MK-108 cannon ,,Muzzle Velocity: 1750fps
and 2 x 13mm MG-131 machine guns ,,Muzzle Velocity: 2,477fps

Why then does it take every round that the D-9 Dora has to maybe kill one plane? and D-9 Doras guns are this

FW190 D-9 DORA
2 x 20mm MG-151 cannons,,Muzzle Velocity:2,500fps

Round Types: Explosive/Incendiary, Armor Piercing, Armor Piercing/Electron Incendiary

and

2 x 13mm MG-131 machine guns ,,Muzzle Velocity: 2,477 fps

NOW TELL ME WHY ITS NOT AT LEAST THE SAME EFFECT ON ENEMY

<s> I AWAIT YOUR REPLY

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 01:16 AM
Maybe its because you cant kill things with the FW190 dora
this is the BIGGEST FLAW IN THE WHOLE GAME
here is my Question

Bf109 k-4

If the guns on the Bf109 k-4 knock down planes with one short burst and the guns are this
Armaments: 1 x 30mm MK-108 cannon ,,Muzzle Velocity: 1750fps
and 2 x 13mm MG-131 machine guns ,,Muzzle Velocity: 2,477fps

Why then does it take every round that the D-9 Dora has to maybe kill one plane? and D-9 Doras guns are this

FW190 D-9 DORA
2 x 20mm MG-151 cannons,,Muzzle Velocity:2,500fps

Round Types: Explosive/Incendiary, Armor Piercing, Armor Piercing/Electron Incendiary

and

2 x 13mm MG-131 machine guns ,,Muzzle Velocity: 2,477 fps

NOW TELL ME WHY ITS NOT AT LEAST THE SAME EFFECT ON ENEMY

<s> I AWAIT YOUR REPLY

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 01:20 AM
Cause you're a lousy shot. The Dora is better armed in my oppinion. Set convergence to 175m for airborne targets and then watch them disentigrate. But 20mm and 13mm's are still undermodeled. Oleg plans to fix that in the first patch.

----------------------------------------
I/JG1 Oesau (http://jg1-oesau.org) is recruiting. Join us!

Stab.I/JG1Death at HL, Maj_Death at Ubi.com

As we all know, the Soviet Union had too many fighter pilots during WW2. So Stalin's scientists came up with a brillient way to solve this problem. They would make some of their pilots fly British made Hurricanes. The Hurricane was an uber flying coffin. It was designed to maximize pilot kills by providing nothing but fabric and a few wooden spars around the cockpit. This setup prevented the pilot from escaping easily while at the same time not interfering with enemy bullets and shrapnel trying to pass through it. The rest of the Hurricanes structure was designed to ricochet bullets and shrapnel into the cockpit. And thanks to the cockpits superb design, all of them would pass through the cockpit and the pilot inside with little difficulty. Of course the Hurricane's designers didn't stop there. In order for the Hurricane to become a flying coffin, they had to make it easy to shoot. They did this by making the Hurricane the slowest monoplane fighter in use at the time and even gave it a very bulky shape so that it would be easy to spot and hit. The final feature of the Hurricane was its ability to bury or cremate itself. And because it was made of biodegradable materials, the Hurricane was environmentally friendly after it buried itself. Because of these brillient features, the Hurricane was a perfect flying coffin and helped the Soviets solve the pilot surplus they were suffering.
http://www.bestanimations.com/Humans/Skulls/Skull-06.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 01:36 AM
Before you spray the forum with complaints, do some reading.

One of the first things you'll come across is Oleg Maddox's pposts re the list of fixes. Specifically, the lethality of sub-37mm ordanance will be adjusted in the upcoming patch and I'm sure this will mollify you.

<center>
Read the <a href=http://www.mudmovers.com/sturmovik_101/FAQ.htm>IL2 FAQ</a>

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 04:39 AM
Like Hobnail says, the gunnery is on the fix list.

Please note that the cockpit is not. Now what was your topic?

Neal

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 08:50 AM
Even then, the 30mm is WAY more deadly than the 20mm as per real life. And Wing Guns make for hard hits.

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 09:34 AM
IJG54_Nowi wrote:
- And Wing Guns make for hard hits.

Not if you set them at 200 or 175 meters, you be surprised how much difference it makes to the standard 500 meters.

I used to fly with 300 meters but changed to 200 meters a few months ago and I get a way better hit % now. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<center> http://www.322squadron.com/images/322.gif </center>

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 09:36 AM
JG52XRay wrote:
- If the guns on the Bf109 k-4 knock down planes with
- one short burst and the guns are this
- Armaments: 1 x 30mm MK-108 cannon ,,Muzzle Velocity:
- 1750fps
- and 2 x 13mm MG-131 machine guns ,,Muzzle Velocity:
- 2,477fps
-
- Why then does it take every round that the D-9 Dora
- has to maybe kill one plane? and D-9 Doras guns are
- this

On a DF server I found that the 190D was a pleasure
to fly, but seemed to lack enough punch for BnZ
attacks. But then the Mk-108 is, in theory, rather
more powerful than a twin 20mm set up (and a synchronised
one at that) so perhaps the 190D9 should lag behind
the 109K4 in terms of armament. I don't remember
the figures from the Tony Williams site, but the
ratio is _something_ like one 30mm hit is worth 4 20mm
hits, and the ROF's of two 20mm synchronised guns
is a little more than twice that of one unsynchronised
Mk-108.

This having been said, the K4 is marginal on ROF
with one Mk108 to be able to achieve a cannon hit
with resonable likelihood.

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 09:40 AM
The MK-108 is devastating and WILL be improved with the patch, much better than 2x20mm setup. The Ta-152 will be awesome with 30mm in hub and 2x20mm cannons in wing roots. That is the perfect armament setup IMHO.

http://www.mucheswarbirds.com/image90.jpg

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 09:43 AM
I'm a lousy shot, I can admit it, and as I'm not the only one, I suggest an expansion of the Dora family. The D-11 could pack the same punch as an A-8 or A-9 as they had the same wing armament! The D-12/13 would out gun the K-4 with 1x30mm nose gun aswell as 2x20mm guns in the wingroots! So please, can we get these version? It would even boost the performance from the original D-9. It's a fair request isn't it?

Pretty please!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://members.chello.se/unni/Ta152C.jpg

The Ta 152C

'When it comes to aircombat, I'd rather be lucky than good any day!'

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 10:20 AM
I'm a lousy shot so I never dared complain about the Dora firepower. But I'm helluva pleased to know it'll be improved /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Nic

http://nicolas10.freeservers.com/images/et.jpg

<center>8.3/10 Troll Rating from USAFHelos

<center>9/10 Troll Rating from SmokeJaguar... +1 for shooting him down on HL woohoo!

<center>9.0/10 Troll Rating from Icarus999

<center>10/10 Troll Rating from Surlybirch