PDA

View Full Version : Great work 1c

No76sq_Pacific
12-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Congrats and well done 1c with PF,the imersion, great new planes, the carriers, new maps, the inclusion of Australian roundels, all of it is great stuff.

I have a couple of questions.

1/ Would 1c ever concider making IL2 a pay to play online game on a fat server, something like WW2 online does.(would double to stop all pirated copys too)

2/ Would 1c concider a radical ground graphics change,again like WW2 online has,trees and all, very 3d looking and imersive.

To know what i mean about the ground graphics you would have needed to have played WW2 online,
somehow they have it with no lag at all.

What i would realy love to see is 1c make a game like WW2 online, with all the tanks, troops,the works, you allready have the best modled planes available from any flight sim out there.When we play WW2 online, we allways are saying how good it would be with IL2 planes.

No76_Pacific
http://www.fauna.com.au/no76squadron

No76sq_Pacific
12-17-2004, 08:17 PM
Bump, come on **** you, at least a small answer would be nice.

Sig.Hirsch
12-17-2004, 08:43 PM
Last time i played WWII online (about six month ago ) it was really awful FM , DM , all the rifles had the same sound and effect (1 hit 1 kill for all ) and the same ironsight , the level of details was very poor , and the graphics were awful (it's free game anyway ) though i acknowledge that it is a good and ambitious concept of WWII online to try to simulate the war onthe ground and on the skies .

What we have in IL-2 is a flight sim code , if we you want to simulate WWII on the ground and keep the realism and same level of details we already have on the sky with IL-2FBAEPPF , as well as the same FPS , you'll need like , a Pentium or Athlon 15 Ghz and 10 GB of RAM corsair QDR with a T4 internet connexion for minimal config . http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
and you'd forget about BoB cause it'll take 3 years for Maddox games to program it without being sure if it'll be profitable , given thefact that our current IL-2 FBAEPF still runs a game code that is 3 years old now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Recon_609IAP
12-18-2004, 03:05 PM
I agree Pacific, WW2 is one of the best concepts - it's a shame the flight model, etc.. weren't as good as this game!!! What I really didn't like about WW2 is the way aircraft just *pop* into existence - this was mostly why I quit playing it.

I think that having it also be a 1st person shooter, etc.. is alot to ask for .

I'd like to see movable ground objects in a dogfight server, with the ability to run DCG and dogfights, the aspect of an actual real battle taking place would certainly add to the realism!

Mako has done a great job with his tool that notifies you when events are occuring, etc...

War Clouds attempts to have 50 aircraft in the air, but it is very horrible play conditions - pauses all over the place, etc... If 1C could eliminate these pauses, it would be a great setup! (no dis on War Clouds, but it is definitely not fun when you constantly have pauses, especially in a game that requires precision accuracy in gunnery).

But without a sense of persistance (I would recommend DCG to all dedicated servers with Mako's tool), these servers really give no more sense of accomplishment.

I see two type of df servers:

1. simple, casual, let's just get up and duke it out. 4v4, 6v6, etc.. would be great. Don't make it on huge maps, keep it small - don't put a bunch of ground objects, it's a *dogfight* server

2. a persistent, real time environment where you want to extend the Coop concept into a setup that doesn't have wait times, etc.. (but needs to have movable ground, movable carriers, etc...) people can join and immerse themselves in the activity. But, with no real sense of continuity, it quickly makes you wonder why you aren't flying either #1 or a virtual online war.

I think I hear you saying Pacific that you'd want an experience like #2, because in essense, that is what I see ww2online attempting to accomplish. You would sign up for a sign, participate for that side in attempt to win a campaign.

Recon_609IAP
12-19-2004, 09:52 AM
Didn't mean to change your topic Pacific http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

No76sq_Pacific
12-20-2004, 10:21 PM
What i mean mostly is the trees , forests and citys that WW2 online has.

I understand the ground war couldnt be included, but them sort of ground graphics realy should at least be looked at.

With the pay as you play thing WW2 online has is great, you could have the game sold dirt cheap, but if you want to play online in a huge server or what ever, you would pay to do so, then it wouldnt mater realy who downloaded a pirated copy, you would make your money to keep the game alive via the pay to play.

Its very simple concept and you only have to look at how WW2 online does it to realise its a good idea.

I am just concerned the game will be ruined by pirated copys and the company not making money and then scraping upgrades for the game, now that would suck big time and i can see it allready going that way.

Bottom line is we all have to pay sometime, if some dont, force them to.