PDA

View Full Version : *spoiler* Who Could be Altair *spoiler*

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 11:02 AM
I don't know if someone already said this because I'm new to the forums and i wanted to put this up so here I go.Ok so assuming from the codex pages Altair is still alive who do you think he is. In bloodlines Armand Bouchart said " keep it close Altair. you'll come to the same conclusions as we did.... in time". Could Altair have gone made and became a Templar.Could he be project lead 9 Alan Rikken, Vidic,or a other templar. But if he was a templar why would he make Desmond relive his own memories? So could he have kept his way of thinking and be a retired assassin ? Could ,as mad as it sounds, live through his decesendents at the price of no memorie? Or could he appear and die in Assassins Creed Brotherhood? What do you think?

AltairsSword
06-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Project lead 9? Are you saying that Altair is real?!? lol

Xanatos2007
06-05-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm pretty sure Altair is the deadest thing since sliced bread.

El_Sjietah
06-05-2010, 11:09 AM
I think he's dead.

And technically sliced bread is "lifeless", so puh!

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 11:13 AM
apple of eden+ altair = eternal life

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 11:15 AM
project lead 9 is alan rikkan altairsword

El_Sjietah
06-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by assassino151:

Except that Ezio has the apple at the end of AC2...

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by assassino151:

altair might have the knowledge of eternal life from the apple of eden

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by AltairsSword:
Project lead 9? Are you saying that Altair is real?!? lol

allin rikken aka the bald guy in the meeting room is project lead 9

GODLY4SS4SSIN
06-05-2010, 11:49 AM

aren't there multiple apples of eden?

phil.llllll
06-05-2010, 11:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:

Except that Ezio has the apple at the end of AC2... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ezio looks an awful lot like Altair...

And he's sort of like an Altair 2.0. Okay not saying it's him but another him maybe (i.e. transformed but alive).

El_Sjietah
06-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by GODLY4SS4SSIN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Except that Ezio has the apple at the end of AC2...

aren't there multiple apples of eden? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are, but Ezio's apple is Altair's apple.

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 01:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GODLY4SS4SSIN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Except that Ezio has the apple at the end of AC2...

aren't there multiple apples of eden? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are, but Ezio's apple is Altair's apple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whatever the point is altair could have the knowledge from the apple to live forever

EmperorxZurg
06-05-2010, 01:38 PM
it's not knowledge of how to live forever, it just radiates eternal life. He needs the apple to stay alive, plus you take Altair's armor that had been rescued from his TOMB. he's dead. he's happily stabbing people in the field of daisies now

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
it's not knowledge of how to live forever, it just radiates eternal life. He needs the apple to stay alive, plus you take Altair's armor that had been rescued from his TOMB. he's dead. he's happily stabbing people in the field of daisies now

This is from the codex "and so i began to wonder is there a way to stop or delay deaths embrace.......but i have sworn to be done with the artifact.to not gaze into its core.But still faced with my own end what harm is there in 1 last look?" this is proof that altair was looking for knowledge from the apple for how to live forever. So if he found that information he could still be alive. and when did they say it was from his tomb? even if they did history says the templars are extinct in the GAME it is not true. could altairs said death be untrue

TheEpicWolf
06-05-2010, 02:29 PM

LOL! I just had the image of Altair skipping around sticking the hidden blade in randomers necks while whistliing :L

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 02:30 PM
my email says ur replies to this is spam

EmperorxZurg
06-05-2010, 02:31 PM
he was hoping that there was knowledge since the apple gave him knowledge of future things. It wasn't there though. He mistook the apple as giving magical help when really it just showed how to invent the things that are invented later on, a time piece so to speak. and when you go to Altair's armor it says the tomb thing.

albertwesker22
06-05-2010, 02:33 PM
I think his body is dead. Though I think Altair's soul is immortal(Atleast until the templars are defeated) I think Ezio and Desmond are reincarnations, different personality, different upbringing, but all with the same Destiny.

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 02:33 PM
he was hoping that there was knowledge since the apple gave him knowledge of future things. It wasn't there though. He mistook the apple as giving magical help when really it just showed how to invent the things that are invented later on, a time piece so to speak. and when you go to Altair's armor it says the tomb thing.

how do u know? he didnt write anymore codex pages after that

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
I think his body is dead. Though I think Altair's soul is immortal(Atleast until the templars are defeated) I think Ezio and Desmond are reincarnations, different personality, different upbringing, but all with the same Destiny.

I think thats a great possibility why else would they all look very much the same

SWJS
06-05-2010, 02:43 PM
how do u know? he didnt write anymore codex pages after that
If he had lived any longer, he would have written more codex pages. Therefor, he's dead as a doornail.

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">how do u know? he didnt write anymore codex pages after that
If he had lived any longer, he would have written more codex pages. Therefor, he's dead as a doornail. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so this is what happens when an unstoppable force meets a immovable object

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">how do u know? he didnt write anymore codex pages after that
If he had lived any longer, he would have written more codex pages. Therefor, he's dead as a doornail. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually what if he didnt want the assassins to know he was using the apples powers for himself. therefore he faked his death and then covered all of his tracks

El_Sjietah
06-05-2010, 02:55 PM
actually what if he didnt want the assassins to know he was using the apples powers for himself. therefore he faked his death and then covered all of his tracks

And then did what? Live the rest of his immortal life as a hermit? Power well spent.

phil.llllll
06-05-2010, 02:58 PM

While I don't think they have a destiny per say (except that he picks up in one life where he left off in the other) I believe all the signs point to something like that. Not sure it'll involve souls (even the pieces of eden were shown to have some "science" behind them), or even what the particulars are, but I'm looking forward to some explaination regardless.

With that said any game that gets me thinking about the story as much as the AC series has, shows the devs really out did themselves in creating an amazing and intriguing world. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 03:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:

And then did what? Live the rest of his immortal life as a hermit? Power well spent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

remember from bloodlines how he wants to know all the secrets of the universe? Also in a couple thousand years no one would remember what he looked like. but then out comes the animus and therefore can be recognized ac3

Assassin_Mitch
06-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Altair is dead kid, move one. He isn't coming back, never...ever. Thats why Ezio has his apple, and his armor. Altair did not prolong his life using the aple. He died.
/topic

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_Mitch:
Altair is dead kid, move one. He isn't coming back, never...ever. Thats why Ezio has his apple, and his armor. Altair did not prolong his life using the aple. He died.
/topic

and ur magical prof
is

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 03:04 PM
i mean proff

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 03:05 PM
come on prove it

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 03:18 PM
I know that he wouldn't fit in the modern times at all and that would be bad to the plot. but that doesn't mean he cant be and die in brotherhood.

i refuse to believe that the game makers made the last part of the codex for no reason.

EmperorxZurg
06-05-2010, 03:21 PM
dude, use the edit button, don't double post. And we've provided you with prrof that he's been dead, where's you're magical proof? (see it's spelled proof not proff) he's learned all he wants from the apple and then realized it was his time to go

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 03:28 PM
dude, use the edit button, don't double post. And we've provided you with prrof that he's been dead, where's you're magical proof? (see it's spelled proof not proff) he's learned all he wants from the apple and then realized it was his time to go

i forgot how to spell it thanks. but ive proven an easy explanation to ur proof. and i will refuse to think the creators put that last part in the codex for no reason.

Assassin_Mitch
06-05-2010, 03:40 PM
assassino lost credibiliy when he forgot how to spell "proof" He is dead, there is no mention of him anywhere. In Bloodlines he goes East I believe, and in AC2 he is seen concieving a child. Thats it, thats his story. He's done his part and now its over. The Codex is just a little something the devs put in for our entertainment. That last entry means nothing. He is not a Templar and he is dead

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 03:45 PM
assassino lost credibiliy when he forgot how to spell "proof" He is dead, there is no mention of him anywhere. In Bloodlines he goes East I believe, and in AC2 he is seen concieving a child. Thats it, thats his story. He's done his part and now its over. The Codex is just a little something the devs put in for our entertainment. That last entry means nothing. He is not a Templar and he is dead
jerk we all forget how to spell little words some times and thats only one of my theories

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 03:47 PM
but before u guys hate me lets all agree that ac2 is a game with a great story and is a great game. kay lets end this cuz this is getting nowere.Agreed?

Fairus60
06-05-2010, 03:54 PM
I like the idea of him becoming inmortal, but is very unlikely. They do have to explain that last page, maybe as a dream, as in AC2, but seen from the eyes of his son. They MUST show us how Altairs life ended. They have to give him a proper ending, not leave it in a crappy page

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Fairus60:
I like the idea of him becoming inmortal, but is very unlikely. They do have to explain that last page, maybe as a dream, as in AC2, but seen from the eyes of his son. They MUST show us how Altairs life ended. They have to give him a proper ending, not leave it in a crappy page

i agree. though he may not be immortal he may just be delaying death as he said

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 04:15 PM
1+1=chicken

phil.llllll
06-05-2010, 05:26 PM
The Codex is just a little something the devs put in for our entertainment. That last entry means nothing.

I don't know how you can dismiss the codex so easily; it was central to the entire story! There was some particularly important information that was revealed in the codex that makes it more than just something they threw in for the heck of it.

El_Sjietah
06-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Still, the last page reads more like a deffinate end to Altair than a prolonging of his life. "What's the harm in one last look at it" sounds more like the ramblings of someone who's afraid to die than someone who seeks eternal life. Especially given the previous entries where Altair advises caution towards the PoE.

Fairus60
06-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Still, the last page reads more like a deffinate end to Altair than a prolonging of his life. "What's the harm in one last look at it" sounds more like the ramblings of someone who's afraid to die than someone who seeks eternal life. Especially given the previous entries where Altair advises causion towards the PoE.
Well yeah, but who knows, they have to show us what was his last discovery in the piece of eden. Maybe nothing that prolongs life or so, but I bet his last look surely showed something quite interesting, we just have to wait and see

Epsilonyx
06-05-2010, 09:38 PM
they look the same because they're ancestors. the guys who made ac just did that for relativity

MuffinMan00
06-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Not possible, AC2 takes place years after Medieval times which Altair is in, he can't still be alive.

Plus if he was still alive he wouldn't have a burial chamber.

Epsilonyx
06-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by MuffinMan00:
Not possible, AC2 takes place years after Medieval times which Altair is in, he can't still be alive.

damn straight

mikeh1294
06-06-2010, 03:36 AM
Right, Altair is dead. Ezio is not Altair. Desmond is not Altair.

They look the same due to the Animus, it project's Desmond's face on to them to make it more acceptable to Desmond. That is why Altair and Desmond have the same scar (Ezio got his from a fight).

Soon I shall pass from this world. It is my time. All the hours of the day are now colored by the thoughts and fears borne of this realization. I know that the elements of my body will return to the Earth. But what of my consciousness? My identity? That is to say - what of ME? I suspect it will end. That there is no next world. Nor a return to this one. It will simply be done. Forever.

Our lives are so brief and unimportant. The cosmos cares nothing for us. For what we've done; Had we wrought evil instead of good. Had I chosen to abuse the Apple instead of seal it away. None of it would have mattered. There is no counting. No reckoning. No final judgement. There is simply silence. And darkness. Utter and absolute... And so I have begun to wonder - might there not be a way to stop - or at least delay - death's embrace? Surely the ones who came before were not so frail and feeble as we. But I have sworn to be done with the artifact. To not gaze into its core. Still: faced as I am with the prospect of my end, what harm is there in one last look...

That is the last Codex page. In my opinion, Altair was scared of death, and used the Apple to reassure himself (Possibly looking to see if there was a life after death?), and then passed away.

And if he was alive, why didn't he keep the codex, why didn't he transport it to Italy, and why didn't he carry on leading the Assassins?

Epsilonyx
06-06-2010, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by mikini:

They look the same due to the Animus, it project's Desmond's face on to them to make it more acceptable to Desmond. That is why Altair and Desmond have the same scar (Ezio got his from a fight).

I always thought it was weird, that clears it up.

Marius_Darkwolf
06-06-2010, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by blackanguish:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mikini:

I always thought it was weird, that clears it up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nice rationalisation, but not quite accurate. The Dev's put the scar there so we could identify them with Desmond more easily, but a good in game reason is that these men are fighters, and a fighter is going to pick up scars, and since the face is such an inviting target thats where they're more likely to show especially since it's harder to hide a facial scar. But Altiar most likely got his in training, we saw Ezio getting his (in the pazzi fight), and well Desmond was a bartender, want to bet he was in a few bar fights. In game, it's just a coincidence

mikeh1294
06-06-2010, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Marius_Darkwolf:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blackanguish:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mikini:

I always thought it was weird, that clears it up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nice rationalisation, but not quite accurate. The Dev's put the scar there so we could identify them with Desmond more easily, but a good in game reason is that these men are fighters, and a fighter is going to pick up scars, and since the face is such an inviting target thats where they're more likely to show especially since it's harder to hide a facial scar. But Altiar most likely got his in training, we saw Ezio getting his (in the pazzi fight), and well Desmond was a bartender, want to bet he was in a few bar fights. In game, it's just a coincidence </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Desmond is Altair. Because we play Desmond playing as Altair, he represents Altair, and he is placed in his place. That is why they all speak English, the Animus makes it more acceptable to Desmond (Pretty sure that is mentioned early on).

Epsilonyx
06-06-2010, 06:09 AM
u dont know that for sure

phil.llllll
06-06-2010, 09:13 AM

Except that's never mentioned at all - and wouldn't make much sense anyway. Whatever the reason it's definitely not that.

Fairus60
06-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by phil.llllll:

Except that's never mentioned at all - and wouldn't make much sense anyway. Whatever the reason it's definitely not that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Agreed. Besides, there is one single detail. How do you explain the dream sequence? Altair still looked like Desmond and he wasnt in the Animus. Ok, I say, theory discarded

TheEpicWolf
06-06-2010, 03:54 PM
I would have thought it was more because all three men are related and they just happen to look the same. I mean they are born so far apart in time no one would recognise one of then as being one of the other 2.

samward
06-06-2010, 08:02 PM
I don't know if someone already said this because I'm new to the forums and i wanted to put this up so here I go.Ok so assuming from the codex pages Altair is still alive who do you think he is. In bloodlines Armand Bouchart said " keep it close Altair. you'll come to the same conclusions as we did.... in time". Could Altair have gone made and became a Templar.Could he be project lead 9 Alan Rikken, Vidic,or a other templar. But if he was a templar why would he make Desmond relive his own memories? So could he have kept his way of thinking and be a retired assassin ? Could ,as mad as it sounds, live through his decesendents at the price of no memorie? Or could he appear and die in Assassins Creed Brotherhood? What do you think?

I have no clue if he is alive or dead but that would be one hell of a twist...gave me shivers...interesting thought

Epsilonyx
06-06-2010, 08:55 PM
that would be lame. Altair is the assassins creed legacy, personally, i think hes a much better assassin than ezio. Hes more conventional, whereas ezio is gifted with all this new machinery and techniques, which altair designed btw

masterfenix2009
06-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by MuffinMan00:

as i said before he could FAKE HI DEATH BECAUSE HE WAS AFRAID THE assassins could use the POE for his own porposes

Epsilonyx
06-06-2010, 09:04 PM
im assuming the poe is power of eden

masterfenix2009
06-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by blackanguish:
im assuming the poe is pow
er of eden

close. peice of eden

but same idea

Epsilonyx
06-06-2010, 09:12 PM
i knew that. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

masterfenix2009
06-06-2010, 09:13 PM
lolllll

masterfenix2009
06-06-2010, 09:14 PM
wow this small argument has made 4 pages

masterfenix2009
06-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Right, Altair is dead. Ezio is not Altair. Desmond is not Altair.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Soon I shall pass from this world. It is my time. All the hours of the day are now colored by the thoughts and fears borne of this realization. I know that the elements of my body will return to the Earth. But what of my consciousness? My identity? That is to say - what of ME? I suspect it will end. That there is no next world. Nor a return to this one. It will simply be done. Forever.

Our lives are so brief and unimportant. The cosmos cares nothing for us. For what we've done; Had we wrought evil instead of good. Had I chosen to abuse the Apple instead of seal it away. None of it would have mattered. There is no counting. No reckoning. No final judgement. There is simply silence. And darkness. Utter and absolute... And so I have begun to wonder - might there not be a way to stop - or at least delay - death's embrace? Surely the ones who came before were not so frail and feeble as we. But I have sworn to be done with the artifact. To not gaze into its core. Still: faced as I am with the prospect of my end, what harm is there in one last look...

That is the last Codex page. In my opinion, Altair was scared of death, and used the Apple to reassure himself (Possibly looking to see if there was a life after death?), and then passed away.

And if he was alive, why didn't he keep the codex, why didn't he transport it to Italy, and why didn't he carry on leading the Assassins? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he could have been worried the assassins would stop him for using the apple for his own needs and covered his tracks so no more codex pages

iwildboy
01-24-2011, 02:08 AM
Plus there the game never mentioned where Altair was buried and theres that guy Erudito in project legacy who hacked Abstergo and emails you. He also emails Desmond in brotherhood. I know its a jump but you never know it could be him or something even more dramatic.

massmurdera_666
01-24-2011, 03:20 AM
i think the idea of Altair being alive is a pretty big stretch since in Brotherhood when Ezio regains the Apple from Cesare it drains his life every time he uses it.

and think about it, if Altair did find a way to cheat death with the Apple, i couldn't see him spending his time watching his family and friends die while he lived, look at the Highlander movies and shows, were they every truly happy being immortal? plus, in AC he learned how not to be selfish and to respect his brothers and the people and the Creed.

HiddenBlaDe00
01-24-2011, 09:25 AM
...assuming from the codex pages Altair is still alive who do you think he is?

You're assuming that the Apple of Eden has the ability to give it's holder eternal life. Even if that were true, we learned from Assassin's Creed II that Ezio had Altair's Apple of Eden, took it with him to the Vatican, used it to open the Vault, then used it again to stop Cesare, and finally laid it to rest in the Colloseum. This renders such an assumption invalid because Altair doesn't have the Apple any longer.

Now let's assume that you don't need the Apple in your possession once you've been granted immortality by it. Before we can do anything with this information, we have to consider:

-Does the apple's given immortality allow one to retain his youthful body?
-How does the immortality's effect work? Is there some sort of condition one needs to meet in order to maintain the state of immortality?

And from there, one can ask themselves even harder questions like:
-If given the choice of immortality, would I truly want to go through with it?
- Is there some way I can provide society a scientific approach to understanding how this phenomenon occurs so that the human race can live forever?

So, assuming that Altair is both immortal and youthful and all knowing thanks to the effects of the Apple, why would he become a Templar? He's had hundreds of years to contemplate the meaning of life and the conflicts between both the Assassins and the Templars, not to mention the human condition and its effect on relations the world over. What makes you think he'd be taking sides with anyone at that point?

Finally, assuming that this is all valid, what evidence IN GAME do you have to come to the conclusion that:

-Altair is alive and immortal
-Altair is a character that exist post AC II
-Altair may have taken the identity of another character in game
-Altair is either an Assassin or a Templar

Codex page 30:

Soon I shall pass from this world. It is my time. All the hours of the day are now colored by the thoughts and fears borne of this realization. I know that the elements of my body will return to the Earth. But what of my consciousness? My identity? That is to say - what of ME? I suspect it will end. That there is no next world. Nor a return to this one. It will simply be done. Forever.

He's saying here that he's close to death, that he thinks about it all the time, and suspects that there is no afterlife.

Here he's contemplating the meaning of life and the choices that he's made during the course of his own. He WONDERS THAT THERE MIGHT BE A POSSIBLE WAY TO POSTPONE OR DELAY DEATH, BUT MAKES NO ASSERTION THAT IT IS TRUE OR EVEN POSSIBLE. Finally, he looks to the Apple for the answer. We can't possibly know what he saw while gazing into it, but we can come to certain conclusions based on other events that happen IN GAME.

Not trying to be a jerk about it, but...

Don't hold your breath, because we probably won't see much of Altair anymore without some sort of indication obviously and clearly specified by the plotline/Ubisoft.

Black_Widow9
01-24-2011, 09:06 PM
I think this resurrection has run its course.