PDA

View Full Version : Help with Campaign

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 11:30 AM
I've been waiting for the latest patch to finally get into a campaign. Only problem is, post patch, the only plane I have trained on (early 109) is now seriously challenging in terms of cooling (I use CEM). Any suggestions on the best plane/time combo to get into a campqaign for a newbie (short distances, ease, good on frame rates). Russian or German, doesn't matter. Also a link to a good guide or thread would be helpfull as I'm starting from scratch.

Thinking of trying a jabo FW 190 campain.

Thansk

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 11:30 AM
I've been waiting for the latest patch to finally get into a campaign. Only problem is, post patch, the only plane I have trained on (early 109) is now seriously challenging in terms of cooling (I use CEM). Any suggestions on the best plane/time combo to get into a campqaign for a newbie (short distances, ease, good on frame rates). Russian or German, doesn't matter. Also a link to a good guide or thread would be helpfull as I'm starting from scratch.

Thinking of trying a jabo FW 190 campain.

Thansk

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 11:44 AM
Early 109? If's it's an F-2 or later just keep you altitude up, and the throttle under 90% until you need it.

It'll overheat for a good while before any engine damage will occur. If it gets bad climb, and extend. Open the radiator, and throttle back till she cools.

If it's an E-4 make sure you not over revving the engine. If you do it'll overheat in a matter of less than minute. Watch the tach and keep it below 2500 rpm's. Or 25,000 rpm I forget what it actually is, but it reads the same on the tach.

The earlier the 109 the better it turns. The later the 109 the better it dives, and climbs. I like to start early as possible in the war, but the F-2, and F-4 I enjoy flying the most. Thats a personnal preferance as I've heard complaints.

They all overheat. Also never engage WEP if it has it above 50% throttle. Open the radiator to about position 4 when climbing. It's not too much drag, and allows a longer climb.

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 12:05 PM
Found this thread for the 190:

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_gd&id=zdbaq&tpage=1&direction=0

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 12:07 PM
Thanks Hopper

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 10:34 AM
thanks for the info.