PDA

View Full Version : Lots of problems with USMC Iwo Campaign so far

JG51Beolke
11-19-2004, 10:55 PM
Getting all sorts of "Failed to load object errors" and C++ Stop Errors, then CTD's. I've already reported it on the bug link.

But it's absolutely incredible when it works. It's like your back in time, lololololol

JG51Beolke
11-19-2004, 10:55 PM
Getting all sorts of "Failed to load object errors" and C++ Stop Errors, then CTD's. I've already reported it on the bug link.

But it's absolutely incredible when it works. It's like your back in time, lololololol

aonyn
11-19-2004, 11:59 PM
Funny,
I have been flying the USMC Iwo Jima campaign.
I have at least 20some, possibly over 30 missions logged, and have not had a single problem.
Perhaps check your drivers or turn off background applications.
regards,
Dave

Marine7011
11-20-2004, 12:32 AM
i have to agree....that iwo campaign is simply amazing...gotta love that f4u-c...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif...my vid drivers were giving me trouble and after i reinstalled them everything seemed to work fine...

Semper Fi

aonyn
11-20-2004, 12:53 AM
Sorry, I do have to ammend my last post slightly. I thought I had logged at least more than 20 missions, however, I just loaded the game and flew the next mission and found that I really had 19 logged. Still enough to show the campaign seems to work ok though.

Also @ Marine7011, The F4U1 is indeed unstoppable, even after the patch. I have done well in other aircraft, especially the BF109F, but no other ride has felt this good. I am playing full difficulty, and so far have 34 kills in 19 missions. I am sure others here do better, but for me, this is quite good. There have been a couple of flights in which I have landed without a kill. But never without at least a ground kill, and never shot down yet. My best flight so far this campaign was 5 kills.
I have also taken flak damage twice, but both times put it back on the carrier, Athough on one of those I did bounce and struck the prop when I came back down. Guess worse can happen than a prop strike though.
I will have to go online and see how I fare against human opponents in the Corsair. I am sure some of you online aces will burst my bubble nicely. Still feels good to dominate an offline campaign though.
regards,
Dave

JG51Beolke
11-20-2004, 10:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG51Beolke:

But it's absolutely incredible when it works. It's like your back in time, lololololol <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know why. No problems with any other campaign. I did however start it with the Guadelcanal Campaign and it rolled over to the Iwo Campaign.

I'm going to start another Iwo at the start and see what happens