PDA

View Full Version : Sunk by Kamikazi Planes of Allies!

Dron22
05-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Today I was playing the U Boat campaign, and was sunk in an unusual way by the Allies. Somewhere West of Australia I saw an aircraft coming at me, so I ordered the crew to man the anti-aircraft guns, they shot down the plane before it got too close, but then it's burning remains smashed into my bow and then bounced off into the ocean. I got 78% hull damage and some bulkheads to repair, then 2 hours later another aircraft shows up and gets shot down too, but then guess what: it also smashes into the bow! This time hull damage is 100% and multiple damaged parts everywhere with flooding and then sinking. Now I knew this would have to happen one time, but two Kamikazis in a row, I never saw that coming.

Yooperbacker
05-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Do you think you may dive and get out of sight next time?

Dron22
05-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Yes of course, normally I would crash dive immediatly, but I was on my way home and was bored, sometimes I like to shoot down a few aircraft for some variety. I know this is not always a good idea but this is a game and submarines had anti-aircraft guns for a reason after all.

Huck1956
05-06-2010, 01:45 AM
You're braver than I am with my U-boat Dron. I crash dive at the first sign of a plane. My flak gunners could'nt hit the broadside of a barn if they were inside with the doors closed! They've NEVER scored a single hit on a allied plane, let alone shoot 'em down.

On the other hand, the AA gunner on my US boat is a nautical Alvin York. If a Jap plane gets within range it's toast!

UssSpikefish
05-06-2010, 07:00 AM
My AA gunners on my U Boat (U-851 http://www.uboat.net/boats/u851.htm) are pretty good, and I have a mean arsenal of AA guns to boot. I still dive to avoid all planes that are close by or coming in at my port/starboard. I have probably downed 3-5 planes, but for what it takes in munitions, and the chance of possible damage...I rarely risk it.

Dron22
05-06-2010, 07:51 AM
So about Kamikazis, did any of you ever have a burning plane crashing into your submarine and sinking you?

WernherVonTrapp
05-06-2010, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Dron22:
So about Kamikazis, did any of you ever have a burning plane crashing into your submarine and sinking you? Never. But, that's because I never duke it out with aircraft. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

g2b
05-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Poor zoomies, figured they were done for so may as well take you with them http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Huck1956
05-07-2010, 03:19 AM
I had a H2K seaplane almost crash into my boat earlier today. Normally, I crash dive but I was so disgusted with the air show in the northern South China sea That I wanted some payback for making me dive. I think, after that close call, that I'll stick with diving!

Personally, I think UBI overdid it with the air patrols. I've known 2 WWII submariners and they said that air contacts, while they did happen, were uncommon. In this game it's like being in the vicinity of a international airport! I popped up to radar depth on one patrol about 400 miles SE of Tokyo and had NINE aircraft on the screen!

proman12341974
05-07-2010, 06:07 AM
dudes dont fight the flying thingys just dive and chill . btw if your at see for lets say a month and your doing well and going back home , Why screw that time you just had and lose the tonage and the hard work for some mosquitos?
fellow dudes just "DIVE"