PDA

View Full Version : Type IIA has no Flak Gun Bug??

Xerx790
03-28-2005, 08:30 PM
I just started a new carreer in Sept. 1939 with flotilla 1 based in Wiehlemhaven.

My Type IIa U-boat shows in base I get and have one 2 cm light Flak Gun mounted on the deck.

But the odd thing is I cannot assign anyone to it in mission, because there is no AA Flack Gun on the deck in mission.

So is it a bug that the base says I have a Flak Gun but there really is not one model in game? Is this a bug?

I tried to buy one at the base, but it claims my U-boat already has one, and the little gun is free anyway. Can anyone help me please?

The search funtion for this forum is not working. Thanks! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

CaptainRadish
03-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Hmm, never had that bug before. Does the flak post show up in the crew moving-around thing (F7)?

A.K.Davis
03-28-2005, 08:52 PM
It's a bug. You have to manually move a crewmember to the gun using the crew management screen.

Xerx790
03-28-2005, 08:55 PM
No, it does not show in the crew station management per say (just the symbol Flak icon). Although it does show that it is 'capable' to accept one, as if it is not installed.

There is a place to put a flak gun, it says at the base you have one installed, but in the real 3D game patrol, the Flak gun is not there as if it never was bought and installed.

Plus there is nothing on the deck of the type IIa.

UPDATE: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It's a bug. You have to manually move a crewmember to the gun using the crew management screen.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK I will try that out. Wierd not to see the Flak Gun model on the deck...Does not there have to be a Flak Gun emplacement mounted on the deck in order for it to work?

I thought the bug was the Flak Gun is not included with the type IIa boat 3D model.

CaptainRadish
03-28-2005, 08:57 PM
Try clicking on the anti-aircraft cruise default button. See if that accomplishes anything.

Although, really, the AA on the IIs is kind-of useless if you ask me. The only time I got into a position where I had to defend against aircraft I got my *** handed to me on a platter. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

A.K.Davis
03-28-2005, 09:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Xerx790:
No, it does not show in the crew station management per say (just the symbol Flak icon). Although it does show that it is 'capable' to accept one, as if it is not installed.

There is a place to put a flak gun, it says at the base you have one installed, but in the real 3D game patrol, the Flak gun is not there as if it never was bought and installed.

Plus there is nothing on the deck of the type IIa. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure there is, but you have to "purchase" the 2cm Flak /30 first (it costs nothing) before heading out in your IIA. After figuring out the "man the flak gun" bug, I shot up a Dutch armed trawler during my first patrol with the 20mm. I lost the duel.

I believe it is afflicted by the "disappearing upgrades" save bug, however, because it's not there when I load a subsequent "in base before patrol" save.

Xerx790
03-28-2005, 09:03 PM
Very true, and you can get a newer boat type very quickly. It is kind of worthless, but I thought I would post any bugs I find.

So far, I cannot get anything working. There just is not a in game model to reflect what the base tells you what you have for euqipment.

Good thing it is more for 'training' (sink or swim LOL) only in the early years of the war when airplanes are not much of a threat.

Xerx790
03-28-2005, 09:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Sure there is, but you have to "purchase" the 2cm Flak /30 first (it costs nothing) before heading out in your IIA. After figuring out the "man the flak gun" bug, I shot up a Dutch armed trawler during my first patrol with the 20mm. I lost the duel.

I believe it is afflicted by the "disappearing upgrades" save bug, however, because it's not there when I load a subsequent "in base before patrol" save.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK then that is what is happening. I loaded one of my earlier saves as you said (I got killed on my first time out quickly).

I guess that confirms there is a 'lose equipment' save/load bug.

Odd I try to buy one but it insist I already have one installed!

Xerx790
03-29-2005, 04:31 AM
bump

TheRealAttalus
03-29-2005, 05:54 AM
Same for me.

AMD 2.8G
Radeon 9600SE
512 DDR

Fishu
03-29-2005, 05:56 AM
A little bit offtopic but not far..

I noticed that if you revert IXB's con tower from other types of towers to IX/1 type, you loose the heavy flak, unless you buy the whole IXB again.

I had IX/2 tower in my IXB, but then thought I'd like to try the semi 37mm and opted for IX/1 tower. Instead, there was no position available for the heavy flak at all, nor was it available in the lists. Only deck gun and light flak was available.
When buys the IXB, you'll get the IX/1 tower as default and it includes 1 heavy flak and 1 light flak, which also exists like should,but not after the upgrades if reverts back to IX/1.

Instead of wasting my renown, I changed the type from the save files to the stock type.
Forgot to check out what the file looks like with the faulty IX/1 tower.

Xerx790
03-29-2005, 06:23 PM
I figured out my problem. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

It is very simple but not obvious. I was trying to click on the renown price area trying to buy it, but in reality, you must double-click on the text on the left side where is says 2 cm c/30 Flak Gun to buy it!

Kind of wierd backward way to buy an upgrade.

It is all working now. Thanks everyone for your help! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif