PDA

View Full Version : Widescreen Resolution Setting

badsearcher
06-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Hey everyone, I recently received (graduation present) an lcd flatscreen monitor, but it is a widescreen monitor and currently if I select any of the resolutions then it is stretched disproportionately horizontally and since this is a simulator game I would like to correct this is as best as I possibly can, so what can I do? if anything...

Taylortony
06-16-2006, 05:11 PM
First off congratulations on graduating.

I seem to remember Monguse had some settings, send him a messgage on here asking him for them, try in the paint forum and but in the title, monguse please help, he will read it.

kajr
06-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by badsearcher: currently if I select any of the resolutions then it is stretched disproportionately horizontally ...so what can I do?

In the [WINDOW] section of your "conf.ini" file, change the WIDTH and HEIGHT settings to the resolution of your monitor. Then change the SAVEASPECT setting to 0. This should do it, and will give you widescreen look, albeit you will lose a little top and bottom.

If you do not want the game to play in widescreen, set the aspect ratio to 4:3 using your monitor's height. For instance, if your monitor is 1600x1024, set the width and height to 1365x1024 and leave SaveAspect=0

I think that will do it, let us know if that works...

badsearcher
06-30-2006, 06:21 PM
I am sincerely sorry for my belated response.

So, I tried it and I decided to switch back to where it looks slightly stretched because when I switched it to how you instructed me to, the screen looked shrunk with a black space on both sides of the game and for some reason the black spaces were lightly flickering and flashing and it was not what I wanted so I turned it to default. I guess I will just have to wait until Storm of War; thinking of which, when is that game expected to come out?