PDA

View Full Version : A reminder to the dev team and oleg

LeadSpitter_
11-18-2005, 05:29 PM
A few patches ago oleg wrote back to me saying he passed the message to the dev team.

The post was about the online community needing 3 transparent runwaytypes we can place on existing airfields which have 2, 4, and 6 bornplaced.

The reason of this is to limit numbers in dogfight servers of the me163 me262 and other rarely used latewar ac. Making the majority of players use historical planesets in proportion to thier latewar counterparts.

Just a friendly reminder and I hope the 1c dev team did not forget, this is needed extremely bad and in hopes to see some me262s online in limited numbers.

^^^ this is what we are all most interested in.

a little ot, i dont see how its not possible to add ai bornplaces in dogfight maps with a path. once they are destroyed a new set spawns at the born place with airstart.

This would make dogfight servers much more popular and interesting, it wouldnt limit the scripted dogfight server to fighters or ground attack only its something many sims of the past used to keep things more interesting.

Another small thing is adding all maps to the qmb, i dont see why the short ammount of time it would take is not possible.

I really hope bob has some kind of dedicated coop mode that a host does not have to be there. have programing if people dont ready up in 5-10 min (time determined by host) have a coding that auto selects them into the slots and auto readys them up. People take far to long to ready up in coops and cant have a dedicated coop server without having to be there starting it, I understand people have different ram speed and takes longer for some but many people take 15-20minutes to rdy up.

I appologize for rambling on but somethings I hope to see for bob and the 3 placeable transparent dogfightmap runways with bornplaces of 2, 4 and 6 for the next patch.

Danschnell
11-19-2005, 10:12 AM
Bump. This is a great suggestion. I want to see 262s online!!!

vocatx
11-22-2005, 05:37 PM
Lead', I don't know how he did it, but on Spits v. 109, Chad now has a single jet available for each side. From the allied side you can fly the P-80, and from the German you get the Gotha, 262, or 162. I have absolutely no idea how he did it, but it works.