PDA

View Full Version : I e-mailed a guy at Ubisoft about the petition

ozzy989
07-17-2007, 09:42 PM
I sent him the website and asked how many signatures we would need to get one

just want some of your thoughts on if this was a good idea?

ozzy989
07-17-2007, 09:42 PM
I sent him the website and asked how many signatures we would need to get one

just want some of your thoughts on if this was a good idea?

MrMoo333
07-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Well, he might just say it doesn't matter, we ain't doin it, but usually liike 5000-10000 sigs is the required for things like these, sinse AC is a big production and so many people know about it

Atheist2012
07-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Bad idea! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif He/she would likely say you need 10 billion sigs for a demo! JK. But I would think there isn't an exact number; we only need enough until they crack, if they crack.

ozzy989
07-17-2007, 09:47 PM
thx for the comments but its better to send it to "him" now then just keep leading people on and if he says there wont be one then at least we'd know for sure

MrMoo333
07-17-2007, 09:49 PM
Yea, good point

scatheofshadows
07-17-2007, 10:22 PM
eh wasnt too bad of an idea who knows .....it might work...

chewbacca112
07-17-2007, 10:31 PM
GOOD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Augustus-Metz
07-17-2007, 10:40 PM
it was an ok idea i dont think it will work though..

AoKH_newIdea
07-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Heh, I hope you didn't waste very much time on it.

ensangfroid
07-17-2007, 11:04 PM
Well, if they don't want to release a demo, they aren't likely to, no matter how many people sign the petition. I don't think they will have a demo, because they would have to release it for X-Box Live, Playstation 3 Network, AND as a download for the PC, to be fair to all of the fans.

They would have to set aside man power and resources just for the demo, which would cost them more money. They can't just hand over the demo from E3 or anything, because that demo wasn't designed for anyone to really play through, just as a test for the graphics, the animation, the environment, to get more publicity.

They would probably have to pay money to get on X-Box Live/PS3 Network, because it's just like bandwidth, as well as bandwidth for the HUGE file for online download (unless you expect them to package a CD/DVD just for the demo, which would be outrageous; more material costs, packaging, et cetera).

Halo 3 was demoed because the creators INTENDED it to be demoed. For the longest time, they were probably setting aside a special team just to work on the demos, working for months, and they released it with more than half a year until the launch date. Assassin's Creed launch date is four months away. Unless Ubisoft is and has been intending to release a demo, it's simply infeasible. The demo couldn't be released more than a month or two before release, and it would be littered with bugs, which would lead to bad publicity when snapshots of Altair's head morphed inside a pillar get posted all over the internet, and, because the launch date would be so close, everyone would be in a panic, "Oh noes! This is what they intent to give us?" It's just a bad idea all around, for everyone involved.

iPlunder
07-18-2007, 12:11 AM
This is why im probably gonna cancle this. I didnt want you people doing this.

sireatsalot91
07-18-2007, 12:18 AM
They don't necessarily have to put it as a download for PC users, they could package it w/PC game magazines.

@Mr.Moo: What other games released demos due to petitions? You make it seem like its a common occurance.

SpyderNynja
07-18-2007, 01:27 AM
"Here you go Mr. Patrice! 1,000,000 signatures! Just like you asked!"

"That's fantastic, but uh, the game's been out for several month's now, aren't you gonna buy it?"

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

SCARFACE_47
07-18-2007, 02:52 AM
lol when the game is allready out 3 months
I DO NOT WANT THE GAME
NOW GIVE ME YOUR DEMO BEFORE I MAKE YOU EAT YOUR OWN LEGS!!