PDA

View Full Version : what do i need?

havebass
06-22-2005, 04:01 AM
hi, looking to get the game, but was wondering if my comp is up to spec, or wether some upgrading is in order. it's a althlon XP 2600, 384mb RAM, and a Geforce 2 mx440. the graphics the bit i'm a little worried about. any ideas? Cheers!

Olebass
06-22-2005, 04:07 AM
Need ram and that video card will NOT work with SH3http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Ram I would suggest at least 1 gig total although the very minumal is 512 megs.

Video card you need something that supports pixel shaders which the G2/G4 MX series do not.

havebass
06-22-2005, 04:11 AM
ahhh, ok then. next question would be.....drumroll.....can you recommend a new graphics card? i can't afford anything completely top of the line though!

bogusheadbox
06-22-2005, 05:20 AM
Olebass is not quite correct.

Geforce 4 cards will work. Just not the 44 mx version.

If you want a "Good" for a cheap price (maybe hard to find now) Would be the Geforce 4 4200TI, 4400TI, 4600TI and 4800TI.

They should run on the same wattage output as your current card, so no need to upgrade the PSU.
If your mobo is AGP 8x, then i would suggest you look at an ATI 9800 Card. These are DX9 compliant and great bang for the buck. Exceptional value. But if you decide on this card make sure your PSU (power supply unit) has the correct wattage to push it.

As for no mess no fuss memory upgrade (provided you are in the UK) I would suggest the following websight to choose what you need.

WWW.CRUCIAL.COM

Have fun.

Jose.MaC
06-22-2005, 08:29 AM
You can play with this RAM -a friend of me has been able so far-, but you'll get a crashy game.

So if you want, just upgrade your graphic card, and get later more RAM.