PDA

View Full Version : Can Desert Eagles have suppressors?

IrishMason33
02-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Can they? I seen them with suppressors in a Boondock Saints 2, but that is a movie. And how this is on topic, I think you can use Desert Eagles in SCC. Am I wrong?

Isanator
02-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by IrishMason33:
Can they? I seen them with suppressors in a Boondock Saints 2, but that is a movie. And how this is on topic, I think you can use Desert Eagles in SCC. Am I wrong?
Real life, yes.

Splinter Cell Conviction: I highly doubt it.

Stealthgamer001
02-20-2010, 10:45 AM
More weapons can be fitted with a supressor in real life than in video games. It's just a matter of whether or not it would work and how much a supressor would compromise the weapon's effectiveness.

The Desert Eagle isn't really among the more supressor friendly weapons.

Sector_7_Killa
02-20-2010, 10:53 AM
anything can "have" a silencer, technicaly, some may not function right, but the closest example of deagles with a silencer is the ballers off of Hitman, i think

RaulO4
02-20-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Sector_7_Killa:
anything can "have" a silencer, technicaly, some may not function right, but the closest example of deagles with a silencer is the ballers off of Hitman, i think the baller of 47 was a 1911 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

i love that game.

srdjan_ribar
02-20-2010, 11:15 AM
I dont want suppresor on Deagle in Conviction. I have heard it go off few times in real life, and much more times in games, and it has the most awesome fiering sound...it goes like KA-BOOOM!, and then scilence....like the whole world stopped for a second or two...I want that in conviction.

AGENTxxxxx47
02-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by RaulO4:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sector_7_Killa:
anything can "have" a silencer, technicaly, some may not function right, but the closest example of deagles with a silencer is the ballers off of Hitman, i think the baller of 47 was a 1911 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

i love that game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah true its a modified version of AMT hardballer which is basically a modified clone of a .45 ACP COLT 1911

The movie used 2 silver Para ordnaces

9mm Para Ordnance P18.9 M1911a1 models

Why they used 9mm? I dunno the movie got so many other things wrong, still we did get a movie so I won't complain the series is still alive

Deathgrim666
02-20-2010, 02:20 PM
well so far i can't think of one game with a silenced desert eagle

cnader
02-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by deathgrim666:
well so far i can't think of one game with a silenced desert eagle

Army of Two: The Fortieth Day has them.

AGENTxxxxx47
02-20-2010, 03:41 PM
The deagle is my fav weapon in L4D2 on realism/expert mode

grawlord76
02-20-2010, 03:54 PM
well the desert eagle has two barrel lenghts a six and a ten inch. the ten you could do some custom work and put threads on it and you would have a very large suppressor the size of well... it nothing you would want to carry around.

and the the bullet ( 1,550 ft/s) would still break the speed of sound (1,125 ft/s).

so you dont use that gun with a suppressor. its not even a good combat handgun. its a good hunting gun.

but nothing sam would use.

AGENTxxxxx47
02-20-2010, 04:05 PM
lots of deagle on youtube with silencers none really quiet enough for stealth operations

newhenpal
02-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Stealthgamer001:
More weapons can be fitted with a supressor in real life than in video games. It's just a matter of whether or not it would work and how much a supressor would compromise the weapon's effectiveness.

The Desert Eagle isn't really among the more supressor friendly weapons.

You underestimate The Power of Convicton

*ROAR* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYjbsu9CwMw)

Joshua Morrison
02-20-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by AGENTxxxxx47:
lots of deagle on youtube with silencers none really quiet enough for stealth operations

To bad any weapon with a silencer would still be heard by the other three guards during a M&E... the first shot would alarm the guards.

AGENTxxxxx47
02-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by JoshuaMorrison:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AGENTxxxxx47:

To bad any weapon with a silencer would still be heard by the other three guards during a M&E... the first shot would alarm the guards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kinda I guess unless you had a Russian PSS at 20 yards...

The KGB developed the PSS which is quite a unique gun , every round is basically a mini-silencer in it self.

It has a 6 rounds single-stack column detacheable magazine, and fires the proprietary 7`62x41mm "SP4" silenced and smokeless ammunition, which is much more compact and much more silent in action, than `conventional` silenced pistols. The cartridge contains an internal piston and a propelling charge, with the stem of the piston against the base of the bullet. On firing, the piston delivers enough impulse to project the bullet from the barrel to an effective range of 50 or more meters. The piston then seals the cartridge neck, preventing noise, smoke, or blast from escaping the barrel.

To be silent the bullets also have to travel slower than the speed of sound. The loudest noise is that of the weapon cycling. The subsonic SP-4 cartridge can also penetrate a 2mm steel plate or standard steel army helmet at 25 meters, retaining its lethal effect.

The pistol was developed for the special forces and the KGB, in need of compact, silent weapons for covert operations such as reconnaissance and assassinations. At the present time the PSS is used by elite Russian special forces units.

russian PSS video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K73kKODFyzw)

Sorry 2nd vid is just some russian taking a PSS apart
PSS video 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_N7AZHpTn4)

Chris_Hun7er
02-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by AGENTxxxxx47:
7`62x41mm "SP4" silenced and smokeless ammunition, which is much more compact and much more silent in action, than `conventional` silenced pistols.
http://world.guns.ru/ammo/a_sp-4_9x19.jpg

Comparision of 7.62x41mm "SP4" to 9mm. The 9mm's the smaller one, by the way. You are right about it being a lot quieter.

On topic, the Desert Eagle can probably be silenced, like any other firearm, if you try hard enough, but the Desert Eagle wouldn't benefit at all.

SPROGGY
02-21-2010, 10:03 AM
Desert Eagles are garbage...

The fact that they include it in games like Modern Warfare 2 makes me cringe. There is a reason that armed professionals wont give the weapon a second look....

AGENTxxxxx47
02-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Chris_Hun7er:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AGENTxxxxx47:
7`62x41mm "SP4" silenced and smokeless ammunition, which is much more compact and much more silent in action, than `conventional` silenced pistols.
http://world.guns.ru/ammo/a_sp-4_9x19.jpg

Comparision of 7.62x41mm "SP4" to 9mm. The 9mm's the smaller one, by the way. You are right about it being a lot quieter.

On topic, the Desert Eagle can probably be silenced, like any other firearm, if you try hard enough, but the Desert Eagle wouldn't benefit at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I more or less talking about the pistol as a whole being smaller, I may have worded that a bit wrong.

Plus its a bit copypasta...

But for arguments sake a 9MM federal HST slug weighs upwards of 147 grams, the PSS slug weighs 142 grams

9mm ammo does come in common sizes 122-147 grams

While the cartridge and slug appears overall larger the actual weight and size of the slug is bit smaller, but then again 9mm slugs do come in 122 grams so the opposite applies too.

Bad copypasta on my part