PDA

View Full Version : What cockpits are missing?

Conafam
12-24-2004, 09:00 AM
Hi,

I just picked up PF yesterday and so far am having a blast! However I am having a problem with one of the planes. I don't seem to be able to fly the SBD -3 at all. What I mean is that the cockpit doesn't seem to be there. I can clcik on F2 and get and external view of the plane but nothing responds? I read the Readme and Oleg said that they had to cut some flyable cockpits from the game and these would be released later. I have upgraded to the 3.02 patch (not 3.02m as im standalone). Have these new cockpits been relesed yet and if so where can I get them?

Please help guys.

CapBackassward
12-24-2004, 11:06 AM
There is a new patch on the way soon (see main page of PF web site) but things are somewhat up in the air as to what is going to be coming in regards to anything Grumman\Northrup related. Grumman|Northrup is this years 'Flight sim Grinch'. They have recently caused trouble regarding Grumman|Northrup made planes appearing in sims. Maddox and the guys will let us know something when the situation has been worked out one way or the other. How this will affect the cockpits of the Grumman planes in the game that don't have cockpits yet - I don't know.

Rick

Engrs
12-24-2004, 02:14 PM
I suggest you do a reinstall as everyone I know has a cockpit out of the box.

Maj_Death
12-24-2004, 02:53 PM
The SBD-3 has the cockpit in initial release. It sounds to me like it is either a glitch in the install or you are doing something very wrong like trying to fly an AI plane. I suggest going into the quick mission builder, setting your plane to SBD-3 and if it works then all is well and if it doesn't then reinstall PF cause something got screwed up.

Tully__
12-24-2004, 08:51 PM
Correct patch order to reach version 3.02b with a cockpit in the SBD:

pf_patch301.exe
pf_patch302b_common.exe
pf_patch302b.exe

Do not skip the 3.01 patch or the common patch. You need all three.