PDA

View Full Version : FB/AEP + PF Won't start

michael1962
11-06-2004, 01:21 PM
I just purchased the FB/AEP gold version, installed it, and installed PF over top ot the new install. When I try to start FB/AEP + PF I get the splash screen and nothing else. PF stand alone works fine.

Mike

gbollin
11-06-2004, 01:27 PM
I had the same problem the icon for pf+fb+aep
does not work. I went into the game directory
and found three seperate icons one il2fb,pf+fb+aep,and il2. The il2 icon starts the combined game on my system.

michael1962
11-06-2004, 01:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gbollin:
I had the same problem the icon for pf+fb+aep
does not work. I went into the game directory
and found three seperate icons one il2fb,pf+fb+aep,and il2. The il2 icon starts the combined game on my system. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

JUst 2 icons in mine il2fb.exe and il2.exe. Neither will start for me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

ucanfly
11-06-2004, 01:59 PM
I had the same problem when I used my DVD Rom drive (Toshiba). WHen I put the CD in the CD/RW drive (LG) and launched the game, it worked fine. The DVD ROM drive is 5 years old so that may have something to do with it. Post in the technical help forum with DX diag as there may some users there who know more about this problem.

There are some that say to use the No CD Crack available on other websites but I cannot recommend as I have never used it (but I was tempted).

michael1962
11-06-2004, 02:58 PM
OK, figured it I out!! It was a case of operator error. I didn't notice the 3rd disk in the FB/AEP Gold version that contained AEP so it never got installed. Uninstalled everything, properly reinstalled, and life is good!

Mike