PDA

View Full Version : A little help setting up my Trackir 5

nvrsummer2
06-04-2010, 12:27 AM
I am having the damnedest time getting this thing to work correctly. Im hoping someone in here can shed some light on how to adjust certain features.

I can look around in-game. But when i look up and turn my head, like im trying to look over my shoulder, it freezes for a second then jumps all the way to the end of the spectrum. Also, when centered and looking forward, I feel that I am already about 1/3 to 1/2 zoomed in and can only see the top gauges. Id like it to be back further until I lean forward. Kinda hard to explain, I know. I am using ultrapack 2.01(so ill keep the mod talk to a minimum) So maybe we can discuss in PM if its the mod that needs adjusting....

thanks in advance for any help!

Ba5tard5word
06-04-2010, 12:41 AM
Here is the profile I use, I like it. It eliminates something that I found really annoying which is that the camera "sticks" to the furthest back edges of the cockpit.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nzizt2llioi

Just put it into:

C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\Profiles

But rename it if you already have one with that name just to be safe. Then select that profile with TIR and try it out in Il-2.

I don't use 6DOF though, I've never gotten the hang of it, I don't like how it seems like the camera gets stuck when moving forwards and back between different levels of zoom, it feels really jerky and unnatural, so I just use the old method of three levels of zoom.

WTE_Galway
06-04-2010, 01:17 AM
Also go into the part of the interface that lets you view what the infra red cam is seeing and make sure all is well. You may have some IR light source behind you causing issues.

I had crazy problems at one stage until i checked and found that if I moved my head to far one way the hat reflector got smaller and the open fireplace in the background became more visible and took over as one of the tracking points. This caused the view to suddenly flip backwards on screen once I moved my head past a certain point.

Insuber
06-04-2010, 05:05 AM
If you use the Track clip pro, make sure that when you turn your head the leds are not hidden: the thing must stick from your head with the long leg above the shorter ones, II found that it works better like that.

Cheers,
Insuber

p-11.cAce
06-04-2010, 06:32 AM
I use the camera view in the TiR setup to insure that the camera is only seeing what it is supposed to. I'm still using the hat mounted 3 point reflector clip (my wife promises to bury me in ithttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) so no problems with the camera losing the tracking points. I have a window behind me that sometimes blinds the camera if the blinds are not closed right - it shows in the camera view as a red splotch.

As far as zoom goes I have the 4 main views (wide without sight centered, wide with sight centered, normal, and gunsight) toggled to one of my hat switches.

nvrsummer2
06-04-2010, 04:38 PM
@BastardSword: I tried your profile and it didnt show up in the trackir software.

Yeah, i had problems with the room im in. Its gets too much sunlight. I had to close the blinds, put a towel up over the door, close my other door.... But I mostly play at night so it wont be a problem.

I dont use the pro clip. Just the one on that clips to your hat. The thing is, it seems to work ok in the trackir software. But when I look around in game it has issues when I look up or up and behind. Probably the mod im using so ill look at what their site can offer.

Thanks guys!! Ill figure it out sooner or later. But so far.. its wayyy cool. Takes some getting used to but I can see its worth!!

M2morris
06-04-2010, 07:37 PM
I had a littlebit of trouble at first but I use the clip pro attached to my head phones and I found that if I click the hat clip button and center my natural view on the screen and then click the clip pro button it centers nicely in the cross hairs if you will. I do that a couple of times and I sort of do that little calibration before I start the game and I never had to adjust anything at all. It works good.

Insuber
06-06-2010, 04:05 AM
The right line to select with your UP switcher is

00_6DOF_Tracker_2_0_sHr

Regards,
Ins

Shadrach52
06-06-2010, 08:38 AM
One thing I find makes a difference is the distance between IR sensor and the clip. Having it on top of the monitor seems too close for me. I have mine attached quite high on a bookcase above my screen using self adhesive velcro pads giving me about 4ft. I wear my cap more on the back of my head so the clips are pointing directly at the sensor. You just need to experiement.

nvrsummer2
06-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Shadrach52:
One thing I find makes a difference is the distance between IR sensor and the clip. Having it on top of the monitor seems too close for me. I have mine attached quite high on a bookcase above my screen using self adhesive velcro pads giving me about 4ft. I wear my cap more on the back of my head so the clips are pointing directly at the sensor. You just need to experiement.

Thanks for all the tips.. ill give everything a try