PDA

View Full Version : Location Creator ideas for the next Driver game

Driverman2006
09-14-2007, 06:23 PM
One feature that should be included in the next Driver game is "Location Creator". This would probably be too massive to put onto the PS3, XBOX 360, and Wii versions. But it might work out on the PC version. I got this idea from the series "Trainz" by Auran (for the PC). I never played the Trainz games, but I have seen videos of their "Route Builder" mode. Now here is what I'd like to see Reflections and Ubisoft make out of it in the next Driver game:

*Have the ability to change the dimensions of the area you wish to create (by miles or kilometers)
*Have the ability to change elevation
*Have the ability to change the type of ground (like grass, mud, dirt, sand, etc)
*Have the ability to impliment bodies of water (as well as changing the texture on the water)
*Have the ability to place buildings, clutter, bridges, ramps, and vegetation anywhere you want
*Have the ability to place automobiles, trains, aircraft, and watercraft anywhere you want (and having it so that you can drive any vehicle you want that you've placed), you should also have an option for "Random Traffic", so if you can't make up your mind, the game will do it for you

*Make it so that we can put in certain buildings that can help out the gameplay like safehouses, garages, places to change your appearence, keeping the core gameplay from the other locations into your custom ones

*Have the ability to lay down your own road, railroad track, docks, marinas, and airports
*Select what weather you want (or even have random/dynamic weather if you want) and you should be able to put certain weather patterns in certain places (like a sandstorm in the desert, or fog up in the high mountains)

*Have the ability to put people and animals anywhere you want, and then they'll continue on with their lives (rather than being stationary or walking around in circles all day)

*Have the ability to map out a chase or race for some excitement
*Have the ability to place side missions anywhere you want for cash and/or prizes
*Have the ability to make objects that are not included defaultly (like landmarks from a city that doesn't come in the default game)

*Have the ability to share our custom-made locations with people all over the world via the internet

*Have the ability to dig tunnels to go through a grade or under a body of water

And there are all of my ideas. What are yours? Does this Location Creator sound like a great idea? I think this would be great because we can really let our imaginations come to life by creating your dream place.

Driverman2006
09-14-2007, 06:23 PM
One feature that should be included in the next Driver game is "Location Creator". This would probably be too massive to put onto the PS3, XBOX 360, and Wii versions. But it might work out on the PC version. I got this idea from the series "Trainz" by Auran (for the PC). I never played the Trainz games, but I have seen videos of their "Route Builder" mode. Now here is what I'd like to see Reflections and Ubisoft make out of it in the next Driver game:

*Have the ability to change the dimensions of the area you wish to create (by miles or kilometers)
*Have the ability to change elevation
*Have the ability to change the type of ground (like grass, mud, dirt, sand, etc)
*Have the ability to impliment bodies of water (as well as changing the texture on the water)
*Have the ability to place buildings, clutter, bridges, ramps, and vegetation anywhere you want
*Have the ability to place automobiles, trains, aircraft, and watercraft anywhere you want (and having it so that you can drive any vehicle you want that you've placed), you should also have an option for "Random Traffic", so if you can't make up your mind, the game will do it for you

*Make it so that we can put in certain buildings that can help out the gameplay like safehouses, garages, places to change your appearence, keeping the core gameplay from the other locations into your custom ones

*Have the ability to lay down your own road, railroad track, docks, marinas, and airports
*Select what weather you want (or even have random/dynamic weather if you want) and you should be able to put certain weather patterns in certain places (like a sandstorm in the desert, or fog up in the high mountains)

*Have the ability to put people and animals anywhere you want, and then they'll continue on with their lives (rather than being stationary or walking around in circles all day)

*Have the ability to map out a chase or race for some excitement
*Have the ability to place side missions anywhere you want for cash and/or prizes
*Have the ability to make objects that are not included defaultly (like landmarks from a city that doesn't come in the default game)

*Have the ability to share our custom-made locations with people all over the world via the internet

*Have the ability to dig tunnels to go through a grade or under a body of water

And there are all of my ideas. What are yours? Does this Location Creator sound like a great idea? I think this would be great because we can really let our imaginations come to life by creating your dream place.

Slayer_591
09-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Still likeing trains,huh? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I like this idea a lot.

Driverman2006
09-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Yes I still like trains.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif And I'm glad you like the idea Slayer_591!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Assaultmachine1
09-15-2007, 10:49 AM
First of all, I doubt that Reflections will use this feature, whether it's for a console or PC version of a Driver game. Second, Reflections would need to work quite a long number of months (maybe more than 12) to implement perhaps what would be the best driving experience for a game that takes place in a city or a set of cities. Third, I think that Reflections can give us enough reason to be able to handle driving throughout their city or cities that will have been made specifically for the game. And lastly, modding, which is what you seem to be asking for, is not something that Reflections has cared of having for any of their Driver games, so why do you expect them to start caring now?

Driverman2006
09-15-2007, 11:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assaultmachine1:
First of all, I doubt that Reflections will use this feature, whether it's for a console or PC version of a Driver game. Second, Reflections would need to work quite a long number of months (maybe more than 12) to implement perhaps what would be the best driving experience for a game that takes place in a city or a set of cities. Third, I think that Reflections can give us enough reason to be able to handle driving throughout their city or cities that will have been made specifically for the game. And lastly, modding, which is what you seem to be asking for, is not something that Reflections has cared of having for any of their Driver games, so why do you expect them to start caring now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So are you trying to crash my bus? It's just an idea that I had that no body thought of yet (I don't remember seeing a similar idea to this one). And about the word "Modding", what exactly do you mean by that? If it means vehicle customization, then I truly believe Reflections won't scrap that, and that is something that I want badly, too.

InsaneDriver06
09-19-2007, 12:38 PM
I'd buy a driving game that offered a landscape editor/creator mode. As long as it was easy to pick the pieces and place them quickly. The memory would have to be shown, so when you reached the limit, you'd have time to finish your map with what's left.

I'd build a mountain freeway, with twisting roads where there was no guard rails, so a spill off the edge and the car would tumble and explode at the bottom.

JacksonL2007
09-29-2007, 09:49 AM
Finally somebody gets the concept of virtual reality. And i dont think it wuld take that long for instances the sims let u completely design a house and interact with each other which i think is a far greater challenege another thing they do is shove a exspansion pack out every 4-6 months the seasons exspansion pack allows snow to fall on everything and the developers said that it was one of their biggest ever challenges and i also dont see the rush to get the next driver out I dont want it unless its done right. I would also like to add the simsis the number selling PC game of ALL time. So nwhy can Driver not have exspanion packs the PC and PS3 could support it

DriverKid
10-17-2007, 10:15 PM
A good example of a game with a great track editor is the whole trackmania series. You can put any road anywhere and add jumps, obstacles turbo boosters, water, hills, special track pieces, buildings, and even boats for the water! That's what would be great for a driving game. Maybe there could be some sort of piece editor where you could put different things on (cones, streetlights, parked cars, etc) and change textures. Also a car painter would be a good addition for the game so you could have a car just the way you wanted. Also a way to download custom cars (again TrackMania) so that you wouldn't have to stick with the game's deafult cars. I'd also like to see interactive on foot (talk to people, push buttons, maybe even be a toll booth operator or even push the walk button on a traffic light LOL)

Driverman2006
11-02-2007, 04:49 PM
I'd like to recreate my hometown in the Location creator. It's full of rolling hills, beaches, curvy roads, straight roads, Interstate 95, Route 1, The Merit Parkway, the ocean (Long Island Sound, which is part of the Atlantic), the Housatonic River, the Northeast Corridor Mainline, the Waterbury Branchline, and many other cool attractions for car, train, and boat lovers, whether it being sights, routes, or anything.

DriverKid
11-04-2007, 02:19 AM
Driverman your hometown sounds nice. All mine has is too much traffic and a lot of stupid drivers lol.

Driverman2006
11-04-2007, 07:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriverKid:
Driverman your hometown sounds nice. All mine has is too much traffic and a lot of stupid drivers lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Gee, I didn't know that Canada had a lot of traffic. What town or province do you live in? I've only been to Niagara Falls in Ontario.