PDA

View Full Version : Trim!!!!!

johnbn
07-15-2005, 12:03 PM
Anyone have a resource or know where I can get a list of what types of trim (ie. rudder only, rudder and elevator etc.) are available to each aircraft in the game.

Holding my breath!!!

jessi1
07-15-2005, 12:10 PM
You really just need to ask for a certain plane you like to fly and maybe some people can help you out with a few tips. With the p-51d i would suggest 11 clicks of right rudder and 2or three left aileron clicks and elevator trim about 15 clicks tail heavy to fly level. I hope this helps.

Tallyho1961
07-15-2005, 12:16 PM
I've never seem a list of any sort, but I can tell you this:

- All USAAF/USN aircraft have trim on all three primary control surfaces.
- RAF fighters are not fitted with aileron trim.
- The IL2's lack rudder trim.
- I-16's have no trim of any sort.

The only way to really figure this out is to hop into the aircraft you want to know about, go to external view and activate the trim for each primary control surface while looking at it. If trim is available you will see the control surface deflect - it'll look the same as though you were moving the control surface with your stick or pedals.

Make notes and you're done.

knightflyte
07-15-2005, 01:50 PM
Maybe a sticky would be appropriate. The only thing is JUST LIST the plane and it's trim capabilities. NO COMMENTS. That way the info is easy to get to with out wading through post after post of typing. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif