PDA

View Full Version : Track playback patched?

XyZspineZyX
08-09-2003, 05:13 PM
FM's and DM's are being addressed for aircraft, we've been told... So, something that doesn't get a mention...

Too late for this patch I know, but could we have more versatility with playback of recorded tracks?
You can view the dogfight from other aircraft during track playback (Shift+F8) and have all views but not a cockpit view??? Why?? And sometimes during track playback you can not return to your own aircrafts cockpit view (must be a bug).

Also if a track is recorded with Icons etc., could we have an option to switch these off for track playback. Maybe a movie mode option (for people who like to make their own movies), click a box and all icons, chat messages, speedbar are all switched off for track playback...

And finally asking for the impossible. I asked Oleg once for a rewind feature in track playback and he said it was impossible. Nothing's impossible Oleg. Take the challenge. Many people would love a rewind feature. If not, as a compromise could we have a feature in track playback to jump to a point in time.
Use a slider and drag to a point in time, and then wait for all the positional data to be calcualted (with a progress bar displayed) and then start playing the track from that point...
This must be possible?? I'm not a programmer, maybe it's not possible but it sounds possible...

Message Edited on 08/09/0305:43PM by Scragbat

XyZspineZyX
08-09-2003, 05:13 PM
FM's and DM's are being addressed for aircraft, we've been told... So, something that doesn't get a mention...

Too late for this patch I know, but could we have more versatility with playback of recorded tracks?
You can view the dogfight from other aircraft during track playback (Shift+F8) and have all views but not a cockpit view??? Why?? And sometimes during track playback you can not return to your own aircrafts cockpit view (must be a bug).

Also if a track is recorded with Icons etc., could we have an option to switch these off for track playback. Maybe a movie mode option (for people who like to make their own movies), click a box and all icons, chat messages, speedbar are all switched off for track playback...

And finally asking for the impossible. I asked Oleg once for a rewind feature in track playback and he said it was impossible. Nothing's impossible Oleg. Take the challenge. Many people would love a rewind feature. If not, as a compromise could we have a feature in track playback to jump to a point in time.
Use a slider and drag to a point in time, and then wait for all the positional data to be calcualted (with a progress bar displayed) and then start playing the track from that point...
This must be possible?? I'm not a programmer, maybe it's not possible but it sounds possible...

Message Edited on 08/09/0305:43PM by Scragbat

XyZspineZyX
08-10-2003, 07:33 PM
Just me then LOL

XyZspineZyX
08-11-2003, 01:36 PM
Check on the readme file posted somewhere in the General Discussion forums. It specifically mentions fixes for the track replays. Also, in case you haven't noticed this yourself, I've found a way to cut the save time for tracks down to nothing. If you hit the key assigned for quick save, it'll save the mission as you fly it, without having to wait for it to save like you do if you click "save track" at the end of a mission. Unfortunately, there's no way to rename them other than going into the folder with Windows Explorer and renaming the file, but other than that, it works just fine!

~S!

SSgt Tim Schuster
8MXS Inspection Section
Kunsan AB, Korea

-Defend the Forums!
-Accept Follow-on Patches and stuff!
-Take the Fight Online!

XyZspineZyX
08-11-2003, 02:02 PM
Thnx, I'll have a look at the Readme...