PDA

View Full Version : It seems that AI FW/Mistel combo doesnt work anymore, regardless.

Enforcer572005
08-13-2006, 08:06 PM
I believe that the AI version of the mistel/FW, which was already problematic, is no longer usable as an AI (if it ever was). We tried to fly the ingame mistel misn in folder 3, and they were programmed to take off, which resulted in them just sitting on the runway with their gear collapsed.there was only one wp for the FW at the begiinning of the misn.

When i tried to change them to airstart, they just loop and spin in. Even with synched speeds and altitudes of both the FW and Mistel, tehy always loop in formation, then fall outta the sky. I put extra wps in that matched the mistel wps perfectly, but it never worked, just self destructed. the instructions for using it dont seem to apply. Is pretty useless if cant be used at all as an AI plane.

just wondered if this had been noticed; I thought it may be the effect of a patch that came out since then that hasnt been discovered. I thought it strange that an ingame coop misn would be impossible ot use, as if it wasnt tested at all. I can only assume it did work at one time.

Is there any chance of this being fixed in the final patches/adons? This is a unique machine for sims and its a shame it cant be seen in AI form.

VW-IceFire
08-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Never worked like that...had to be player flyable. Its why I never used it in any missions I made.

I tested the player flyable and it works just fine...

Feathered_IV
08-14-2006, 07:45 PM
Such a shame. It would have been a great suprise addition to the list of AI opponents during a campaign http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

slo_1_2_3
08-15-2006, 01:21 AM
I noticed this a lon time ago and it buged the heck outa me , seemed pretty useless as I'd rather the ai guys get spread over the land then my self