PDA

View Full Version : Bug on PS3 version?

richardgnz
11-14-2008, 06:10 AM
On a couple of occasions now I have finished a challenge when I happened to be on ice. Both times this has happened I have lost the ability to control my snowboarder - he just slides down the ice forever....

The only button which works is "Start" - from here I can quit game and restart then all my buttons start working again.

This is on the PS3 - anyone else had this?

richardgnz
11-14-2008, 06:10 AM
On a couple of occasions now I have finished a challenge when I happened to be on ice. Both times this has happened I have lost the ability to control my snowboarder - he just slides down the ice forever....

The only button which works is "Start" - from here I can quit game and restart then all my buttons start working again.

This is on the PS3 - anyone else had this?

Manetmusic
11-14-2008, 06:57 AM
I have experienced that I lose control over my player when he rides on ice, but it usually helps to turn with both analog sticks. But I guess that isn't what your problem was.

dajzilla
11-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Yep. I have had this happen as well. A couple of times I completely lost control of the character and was like ...WTF? But then, it started working again.

Also, when I first started playing it I got stuck at the dividers that go around the snow lift and all of the sudden my boarder was floating in...I don't know...like outer space or something and I just racked up thousands of points doing tricks until I got bored and reset the game.

Weird.

ryanbarry
11-14-2008, 01:04 PM
People....i would say that this is not a bug and that it is infact just the effect that riding on ice has with the rider. Riding on ice in real life totally screws with your riding, you do just slide so if you think about it people its just realistic!

jdavidson26
11-14-2008, 01:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ryanbarry:
People....i would say that this is not a bug and that it is infact just the effect that riding on ice has with the rider. Riding on ice in real life totally screws with your riding, you do just slide so if you think about it people its just realistic! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah it aint intentional gameplay. The multiplayer, map and music functions on the D-Pad of the 360 controller also stop working when this happens. Its not just a PS3 problem.. It happened to me on my 360 but when I hit a fence and fell over, the controls suddenly began working again.