PDA

View Full Version : Need a Manhunt Attack class!

Blynk93
11-28-2010, 09:45 PM
Alright well, I never used to have trouble with Manhunt, attack or defence, but now that I've leveled up and stuff, people aren't as blatant as they used to be :X.

So I'm wondering what's a good Manhunt Attack setup?

obliviondoll
11-28-2010, 09:55 PM
If you're good with teamwork, and have someone to work with, Templar Vision is always good.

Lets you identify and lock on for the co-op kill.

Firecrackers can be good if you're good with them, as can smoke, smoke's often preferable when there are multiple targets in a group and they're going on a stunning binge - smoke + high point kill (or 2).

Poison can get you good points, but ONLY when your team isn't full of idiots who kill your poisoned targets.

E-Zekiel
11-28-2010, 10:01 PM
I personally think Templar Vision is horrible. It gives you away and makes you easy to stun.

I recommend poison and gun or firecrackers and gun.

obliviondoll
11-28-2010, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
I personally think Templar Vision is horrible. It gives you away and makes you easy to stun.

TV is only good when you're basically acting as a spotter - you're not easy to stun from a nearby rooftop, or from 100m away from every target when you're there specifically to lock on and score the co-op bonuses.

Blynk93
11-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

Can someone tell me what happens when you use Templar Vision? How does it give you away? I've been using it for a while now but didn't realize it gives you away somehow.

xTheCombinex
11-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Blynk93:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

Can someone tell me what happens when you use Templar Vision? How does it give you away? I've been using it for a while now but didn't realize it gives you away somehow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your character starts do "shine" for a few seconds (dunno how long exactly, think as long as TV is active), spotting you in this moment is very easy.

E-Zekiel
11-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Good point. If you are playing the roll of Spotter, Templar Vision is actually pretty good. But that's about the only time.

When you use templar vision, as stated above, you "shine" - or as I would rather put it, you glow. It lasts longer than Templar Vision itself lasts. You glad like people do in Eagle Vision, except without the dark filter around you, and you have a white glow.

But yeah. Makes you stick out like nothing else.

obliviondoll
11-28-2010, 10:19 PM
And to confirm, you only glow for the duration of the ability.

E-Zekiel
11-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Eh, the thing is, the beginning and end of the ability are a half-second flash which you can't really see anything in. You glow for that part. So it's about a second longer than you actually see anything. Just saying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Blynk93
11-29-2010, 12:37 AM
Ok so like.. does anyone else have a good Manhunt attack setup >.>? I'm not really a fan of the guns and stuff. I like silent kills http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Squiddish
11-29-2010, 12:42 AM
I use Charge+Firecrackers.

Best way I've found to use firecrackers against experienced opponents is to try to drop them down from above them. A lot of times, your target will be blended near a rooftop of some sort. Climb above them, then look over the edge and drop the firecrackers down. Its usually relatively easy then to pick off the right enemy.
If you use charge right as you approach a group, you can still get silent or even incognito kills with it.

Blynk93
11-29-2010, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Snipemaster666:
I use Charge+Firecrackers.

Best way I've found to use firecrackers against experienced opponents is to try to drop them down from above them. A lot of times, your target will be blended near a rooftop of some sort. Climb above them, then look over the edge and drop the firecrackers down. Its usually relatively easy then to pick off the right enemy.
If you use charge right as you approach a group, you can still get silent or even incognito kills with it.

Thanks, I'll be trying this out.

Jack-Reacher
11-29-2010, 01:57 AM
With charge in a group, is it hard to kill the right character? I always have problems killing the right character even when I know who it is

Heres my set up anyway.

Firecrackers + Throwing knives. Basically use firecracks from a distance, they will probably use smoke and try to stun you. But you will be out of range and you can watch them walk right into your arms

Or if they decide to run instead, L1 will appear on their heads letting you target them easily. Use throwing knives, simply walk up to them and get an easy kill.

Next is firecrackers + mute, use both at the same time to block their smokes and get an easy kill

Blynk93
11-29-2010, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Jack-Reacher:
With charge in a group, is it hard to kill the right character? I always have problems killing the right character even when I know who it is

Heres my set up anyway.

Firecrackers + Throwing knives. Basically use firecracks from a distance, they will probably use smoke and try to stun you. But you will be out of range and you can watch them walk right into your arms

Or if they decide to run instead, L1 will appear on their heads letting you target them easily. Use throwing knives, simply walk up to them and get an easy kill.

Next is firecrackers + mute, use both at the same time to block their smokes and get an easy kill

Question about Firecrackers - How far away can you be to blind them?

killerkoala129
12-31-2010, 05:58 AM
Templar Vision
Hidden gun

perks:resistance and silent hunt

Zombie Izzardx
12-31-2010, 09:47 AM
Templar vision can be really helpful as long as you use it correctly. It can be used to help spot for people but also help you get some high points if your doing it correctly. Try going around a corner and using it or if they're under and one story building climb up there, use it and get a focus kill. Or believe it or not help you get kills when your hidden in a hay stack.

NYC_Elite
12-31-2010, 10:42 AM
The main problem I've noticed with Manhunt is that slow stealth kills by using stuff like poison becomes very difficult, especially in pub play. Hunters tend to run around going for low point kills and killing poisoned targets and hunted players tend to be very mobile. In my experience, it's not uncommon to spot a couple of hunted players hauling *** if they spot your persona model (even an NPC with your persona model) 50 meters out. It makes poisoning and the like rather difficult because you get anywhere close to them and they pop smoke, stun, and run across the map (and starting a chase is mostly never worth it). As much as I don't care for these abilities, I have better luck with Charge or Templar Vision. Personally I swap between using abilities like Smoke Bomb, Mute, Firecrackers, Morph, Decoy, and Disguise. It seems better off to just disable or lure the target and go for the kill that way rather than try to blend in and get a focus poison kill.

FKNLunatick
12-31-2010, 11:33 AM
Decoy and firecrackers on offense.

Inorganic9_2
12-31-2010, 11:39 AM
For defense: Morph and mute

for offense: disguise and templar vision

Though I'm considering switching to firecrackers instead of disguise, as I rarely use disguise and find the blinding effect of firecrackers to be hard ot escape from when they are used on me.

tyrce111
01-01-2011, 01:38 AM
My attack class.

Name: GUN
Templar Vision
Hidden Gun

Resistance
Cool down everything

Instant cool down
+300 points for 3 silent kill streak...

I hang around roof tops mostly and watch my teammates try and slaughter people and IF they fail I will shoot him...
I use my templar vision to help out my team...
Im a team player...
Not one of those greedy people who attack anything that they see have a LOCK above its head...
I do that sometimes just to distinguish the greed of my team...

PSN: Texavonetrix