PDA

View Full Version : Methods to improve Assassins creed's combat

maxriderules
07-13-2011, 03:41 PM
I personally think the combat in assassins creed is far too easy, and from browsing the internet I know others agree, but I haven't been able to see any ideas for changes/fixes.

My idea is to make counter-attacks a stun, meaning you have to finish the person off, or they'll just attack you again. This doesn't seem like much, but if you get surrounded, you will have a job getting the second shot in. This way, there will be a lot less insta-kills, combos will be far more important, and if you can't get that chance in you'll have to run away. something you don't have to do nearly enough in the game.

crash3
07-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Problem is combat is too predictable, it should be based more on chance instead of garanteeing kills

the minimum number of skills for any guard needs to be greatly increased

the basic militia guard should be able to at least counter, counter-grab, grab and dodge

more elite guards will carry out these actions more lethally and be able to do fake attacks to put you off and also to break your guard

AI also needs serious improvement in both combat and stealth

Look at games like Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and The Saboteur, all of them are genuine challenges due to good AI which Assassins Creed seems to be lacking

LightRey
07-13-2011, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by crash3:
Problem is combat is too predictable, it should be based more on chance instead of garanteeing kills

the minimum number of skills for any guard needs to be greatly increased

the basic militia guard should be able to at least counter, counter-grab, grab and dodge

more elite guards will carry out these actions more lethally and be able to do fake attacks to put you off and also to break your guard

AI also needs serious improvement in both combat and stealth

Look at games like Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and The Saboteur, all of them are genuine challenges due to good AI which Assassins Creed seems to be lacking
I agree. I don't think there's that much wrong with the abilities of the player, but rather the abilities of the AI.

flyingeaglemile
07-13-2011, 09:11 PM
They need to make guards able to use "defence break" like in AC:1, they would hit away your sword so you can`t just stand there waiting to counter.

kriegerdesgottes
07-13-2011, 09:17 PM
I do not and have not ever had a problem with the combat in AC but I will say I wish the guards standing 10 feet away would react when I brutally murder about 4-6 of their friends in broad daylight. That's my only combat complaint.

luckyto
07-14-2011, 10:10 AM
If they had the guards attack you more often, while you are in a kill streak, forcing you to constantly be prepared for counter or dodge - I think that would improve it greatly.

Bring back the well-timed executions in AC1 (hitting attack right as the blades clash), perhaps even make that imperative to start a kill streak. On the third successfully timed strike, you go execution and only then begin chain-kills. And to keep them, you had best be able to counter new and frequent attacks.

And less medicine. Definitely less than 15 vials of medicine.

Better notoriety system and more guards.

LightRey
07-14-2011, 11:15 AM
I think it'd also be pretty cool if they'd just let us fight way more enemies at a single time. So we'd still kick ***, but it'd also be a challenge.

blazefp
07-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by maxriderules:
I personally...

I personally? Seriously? Cuz I though you were posting this privately. Oh wait...that's not possible.
Look out for pleonasm http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif
just kidding don't take me wrong xD