PDA

View Full Version : online voice messages

Quenaelin
08-13-2007, 08:31 AM
I bought 1946 few days ago and started to play this game again after many years. I also like to play online, but I can't use voice chat myself, becouse I play at night. How can I still hear what everybody else are saying in voice chat and be able to reply with pre-made voices, is there this kind of option in this game? I have played Red Orchestra multiplayer and there is good choice of voice messages/commands for players not using voice chat. I like to use both voice messages and text chat, are there anykind of voice messages in IL-2?

Bearcat99
08-13-2007, 08:47 AM
Not that I am aware of, however you can program up to 10 standard chat messages.

Quenaelin
08-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Thanks, too bad there isn't voice commands in game.

Jediteo
08-13-2007, 07:30 PM
You can actually add voice commands to IL2, I used to use it for several games.It's called VAC, or Voice Activated Commands. Works like a charm. You just program what words you want to use for a certain command, such as "gear down" to lower the landing gear.

Very useful for other games aswell, not quite handsfree gaming, but it works.

Here it is
http://www.dwvac.com/

SithSpeeder
08-14-2007, 11:33 AM
You can hear what everyone is saying audibly by wearing headphones (most folks use Teamspeak2 or Ventrilo, not the in-game voice program). I prefer using USB headphones so that I can pipe just the vocal audio through them and leave the game sounds through the external speakers (although it sounds like you don't have that option since you play in the quiet of night).

As Bearcat said, you can pre-can 10 messages in your chat bar (post here or PM me if you need help setting that up).

Although you cannot reply with voice files, you can reply with the pre-canned chat messages if you have the ability to program a sequence of button pushes with short time delays between them (like by using Saitek's Advanced Programming options).

As Jediteo said, there are separate Voice Activation programs that you can run concurrently with IL2. He uses VAC, I use Shoot1.6 (http://clans.gameclubcentral.com/shoot/). See my link below for a profile I use.

I actually use Voice Activation in two ways:
1. Offline--I can give a variety of voice commands to my wingman, flight, or squad and it enters the complex sequence of commands to execute them. (this works online as well for co-op missions with friendly AI).
2. Online--I can give a short vocal command like "Good kill" and the canned chat message for slot 4 (for example) might spew out "S! Good kill".

Overall, it makes typing or using the keyboard during critical moments almost unnecessary as well as adds to the feeling of immersion/realism.

* _54th_Speeder *

TgD Thunderbolt56
08-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Yeah, too bad we can't use audio taunts and give our opponents the finger...then it would be like all the other FirstPersonShooters I try to avoid these days. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif