PDA

View Full Version : So, a fourth god? Encyclopedia spoilers.

RzaRecta357
12-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Wow! So, the little borgia assassin had a 4th god speaking to him in his mind from the shroud.

Anyone else catch this? I read the names of the 4 gods and it started with Consus. The only one we haven't seen yet.

But he talks to the kid in his mind during project legacy. I wonder if that'll come into play or not some how in the game.

Thoughts on this? I have only read up to their names in the book so far. Really loving it.

Had to come make this topic and now I'm going to go play Minecraft. But I can't wait to get back to reading this bad boy!

itsamea-mario
12-06-2011, 01:12 PM
I hope you're just using the word god to save effort.

Because you do know they aren't actually gods?
They were an entire civilisation, so I'd image there'd be quite a few of them.

eagleforlife1
12-06-2011, 01:19 PM
This has been known for over a year.

thekarlone
12-06-2011, 02:05 PM
No, Consus is from Project Legacy.

*Spoiler*

So far, we know 5 "gods".

Consus, Juno, Minerva, Jupiter and... <STRIKE> <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Venus</span> </STRIKE>

RzaRecta357
12-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
I hope you're just using the word god to save effort.

Because you do know they aren't actually gods?
They were an entire civilisation, so I'd image there'd be quite a few of them.

Haha of course. I just hate typing TOWCB all the time and when in a rush I guess I just didn't think of it.

Anyway. Eagleforlife. We've known about this first civi guys mind being in a humans for over a year now? I figured it was just something weird with the piece of eden. Didn't think it was actually a first civi's actual consciousness.

I never heard of the name Consus besides in project legacy so maybe you figured it out but I certainly didn't.

Also, I knew of Venus but the book makes no mention of her at all. Just the 4 of them. It specifically mentions the 4 of them being able to influence mankind somehow even after the Toba catastrophe as it's called.

SaintPerkele
12-06-2011, 04:24 PM
I assume that pretty much every Roman/Greek god has is equal to one of TWCB. Google Consus, he is in fact a Roman god, so that's nothing I'm surprised about.

Consus is special though, as he seems to be the only one which stille exists, although not as a physical form. Just a theory, but considering how he controlled Giovanni's body, it seems pretty obvious to me that he is in fact Frater V.O.V, who lived in the body of William Robert Woodman and is now somehow inside of the Animus.

LightRey
12-07-2011, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by SaintPerkele:
I assume that pretty much every Roman/Greek god has is equal to one of TWCB. Google Consus, he is in fact a Roman god, so that's nothing I'm surprised about.

Consus is special though, as he seems to be the only one which stille exists, although not as a physical form. Just a theory, but considering how he controlled Giovanni's body, it seems pretty obvious to me that he is in fact Frater V.O.V, who lived in the body of William Robert Woodman and is now somehow inside of the Animus.
There appears to be overlap between the Roman and Greek gods. As we all know Minerva, Juno and Jupiter once had the names of the Etruskan gods that became associated with the Greek gods, Pallas Athena, Hera and Zeus respectively. I wouldn't be surprised if all Greek gods had Etruskan/Roman equivalents.

Serrachio
12-07-2011, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SaintPerkele:

There appears to be overlap between the Roman and Greek gods. As we all know Minerva, Juno and Jupiter once had the names of the Etruskan gods that became associated with the Greek gods, Pallas Athena, Hera and Zeus respectively. I wouldn't be surprised if all Greek gods had Etruskan/Roman equivalents. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Minerva also mentions that she was also named Mina, and that somewhere it is mentioned that Jupiter had been called Tinia.

twenty_glyphs
12-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by SaintPerkele:

This is sort of the conclusion I came to as well. Woodman mentions Maria 3 or 4 times during his memories, talking about how things remind him of Maria, who was Giovanni's wife. And one of Woodman's memories from his time as a "ghost" has him seeing a meeting between a Templar and Mathers from the Golden Dawn. Their meeting makes it sound like the Templars gave The Book to the Order of the Golden Dawn so they could do some type of research. The Templar says, "Because of you, we have lost HIM!" Woodman says "He's talking about me, isn't he?"

It seems like maybe Consus is some sort of consciousness of a member of TWCB who was left behind. Seems like maybe he moved from The Shroud into Giovanni Borgia's mind, and maybe eventually into Robert Woodman and maybe into the DDS from there. Of course, all of the stuff about him in Project Legacy is so vague, it's hard to know what's really going on. And the actual Roman god Consus seems so minor and has so little information about him, it's hard to find anything there as well.

RzaRecta357
12-07-2011, 08:23 AM
On the topic of all the variants of religion.

Minerva pretty much mentions that over time names and things can changed and that's why the names and stories change between religions and stuff.

I actually pretty much believe that in real life.

I mean, it's easy to think stuff like David and goliath really happened.

Some young teenage boy probably took a big rock and knocked out an Andre the giant size person. Boom, thousands of years later it's a man slingshotting a rock into a giants head.

NOAH, now THAT is a hard one to believe. That one is just sort of foolish.