PDA

View Full Version : WAC Problems!

ottoramsaig1959
05-16-2007, 02:18 PM
My PC had no problem with GWX 1.3 so I thought I would try WAC. Installed fresh version SH3 with 1.4b patch. Loaded everthing thru JSGME and now my PC goes CTD at the campaign load screen. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

danurve
05-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Please take a look here perhaps the help information may be usefull.
http://www.realhp.de/members/hansolo78/Help.html
If not mayber someone who's experienced the same error will be along and help.

ottoramsaig1959
05-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Thanks but I don't understand German

Grymmjakk
05-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Actually Otto its in both German and English and number 2 should have your fix as it links a patch that should fix it.

geoffwessex
05-16-2007, 11:40 PM
I think Otto got the right page to find the fixes (the hansolo page at http://www.realhp.de/members/hansolo78/Help.html) but that page links to a "SpeedShare" page which is just in German and doesn't appear to have the files - just a lot of info about how to get an account there.

I went to the 'Downloads' section on the 'hansolo' pages ( http://www.realhp.de/members/hansolo78/Downloads.html ) but it's not clear (to me) what file does what - it's full of 'fixes', 'patches', 'hotfixes' and 'versions' and even when it looks clear some of the links are wrong (e.g. the 'Sound and Speech & Gramophone Zusatzpack / additions' actually takes you to the 'Realistic Hull Damage' Mod).

I downloaded the WAC Light a few weeks ago and installed it tonight - it would appear to be version 2.0. The hansolo has a DL called "Update 2.0 to Light Version 2,15" - so can I get this straight..... which do I need.....

a. Version 2.15 of WAC Light and then use 'Update 2.0'? or

b. am I ok with my currently installed 'version 2.0 of WAC Light' and then get 'Version 2.15'?

And dare I ask what Hotfix Version 2.15 does?

If this doesn't make sense feel free to flame me.

ottoramsaig1959
05-17-2007, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by Grymmjakk:
Actually Otto its in both German and English and number 2 should have your fix as it links a patch that should fix it. I saw were there was a 2.15 hotfix. However the page displayed is in German, I don't know where to click.

danurve
05-17-2007, 07:04 AM
The 2.15-hotfix is a correction to the 2.15 update only.

Standard installation (jsgme) is as follows:
First- 2.0 Full
Second- 2.15 full Update
Third- 2.15 hotfix

Same routine for the light version.

ottoramsaig1959
05-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by danurve:
The 2.15-hotfix is a correction to the 2.15 update only.

Standard installation (jsgme) is as follows:
First- 2.0 Full
Second- 2.15 full Update
Third- 2.15 hotfix

Same routine for the light version. The only thing I need is an English site to the 2.15 hotfix. I should note that I have already attempted to load WAC 2.0 as a stand alone without 2.15 and I still get the CTD. Danuve please contact me via PM, I really appriciate your help.

danurve
05-17-2007, 08:28 AM
Ok, if you are using the full version use this link;
http://mysh3.info/sh3downloads.html

2.15 hotfix is there.
Or http://mysh3.info/WAC and theres a link there to Tuddly3's filefront page which has the same d/l.

ottoramsaig1959
05-17-2007, 08:43 AM
Yep, I downloaded from Tuddleys filefront page but did not see the hotfix. Will this help the CTD?

danurve
05-17-2007, 09:11 AM
No the hotfix as I mentioned is just a correction for the 2.15 update.
It corrected a problem loading saved games.

ottoramsaig1959
05-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Understood......I will attempt a new dowload tonight from Hansolos site.

Backdraft57
05-17-2007, 07:23 PM
As mentioned before:

I couldn't get it to work the the longest time, was ready to give up then I found a cfg and dll file called d3d9 or something like that. They seemed "fishy" to me as they were not in the original game, so I deleted them and then it worked fine. Not sure what they were for but they caused a constant crash to desktop before I deleted them.

geoffwessex
05-17-2007, 10:15 PM
I have my WAC Light 2.0 working now, but can't get the 2.15 either via Tuddley's site ("no servers available") or Hansolo's (dead link). WAC is running ok except I have black sky (during the day). Hansolo's site says it has a link to a fix for the sky, but it didn't work for me.

I'll try the 2.15 update and then the hotfix in a day or so. Then I'll see if I still need the 'black sky fix'.

Quite enjoying WAC, but I just finished my second patrol (in the Baltic) and had no enemy contacts at all.

danurve
05-18-2007, 07:44 AM
I have the '2.0 to 2.15 Light update' on mysh3.info/sh3downloads.html and the hotfix. If you need an alternate d/l site. I should look into uploading the 2.0 lite at some point in time. Anyhow if you don't have the black sky problem then I wouldn't worry about it.

After the battle for Gdansk I parted the Baltic because it seemed a bit quiet untill the USSR becomes an enemy. Or at least untill the Norway campaign. Heck I remember passing a few Russian convoys in that area as neutral! Try a few grids around Britan. I can almost garuntee WAC will have a few suprises. The convoy system for 2.15 was reworked btw.

geoffwessex
05-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Thanks for your patience Danurve. However, have you checked out the link from your downloads page to the 'War Ace campaign 2.0 to 2.15 Update (light)'? It just gives me a semi-blank page. Here's That Link (http://mysh3.info/files/WarAceCampaign2.15_light.rar). For me, it just says "Rar!" and two squares.

I also tried to DL the FixBlackSky.zip, (to have ready just in case) but can't download it. I get the message, "Your download has failed. You have an invalid session set." (it also says 'click here' to try again, but that doesn't work).

I'll get there in the end!

danurve
05-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Well I belive 'that' link will be working after a day or so, a few things getting sorted out. The mysh3.info site is currently being moved and I think you just got caught in the crossfire so to say. Sorry about that. We'll try and remedy that soon.

geoffwessex
05-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Excellent, Danurve! I'll wait a few days and try again. Thanks again!

danurve
05-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Links & d/l's have been restored

geoffwessex
05-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Got the WAC Light 2.0 and 2.15 working, as well as the hotfix. Still have a black sky and neither Hansolo's page nor Tuddley's page work.

I'll put up with it for a while and see if those downloads become available again.

Sadly, I'm spending more time on downloads, updates and fixes than playing the game, but it seems to be worth it.

But thanks for the help, danurve!

danurve
05-20-2007, 10:32 PM
Just checked for the file on Tuddly3's site, seems ok. Perhaps your browser isn't playing nice with filefront. Try this:
http://www.mysh3.info/files/Fix.zip (http://mysh3.info/files/Fix.zip)

geoffwessex
05-21-2007, 08:56 AM
Very odd! That worked from your link danurve. Maybe there was a problem with my browser (standard IE7) on Tuddley's page, but as I couldn't get it from hansolo either I'd have thought the file was the problem.

Anyway, I DLd it, and put the folder into the MODs folder and ran it with JSGME. All seems ok, so I'll give the game a go soon.

I realised in my last patrol that it wasn't that the sky was actually 'black' all day - it was monochrome - so blue became black. It was ok on cloudy days as the greys were all it needed. Grey sea and grey sky was, I thought, quite an accurate rendering of a cold Baltic Sea in October! But I'll be happy to have some blue, especially for later when I set off for the Caribbean!

geoffwessex
05-24-2007, 01:38 PM
OK - I've got WAC Light 2.15 working, with the hotfix and now some very nice sky. All is well with the world. Thanks danurve!

All I need now is a few targets - there seems to be a shortage in WAC (apart from Armed Trawlers!), or perhaps they're following more realistic routes. Seven patrols now done, but the tonnage didn't reach 10k in nine of them.

danurve
05-24-2007, 02:12 PM
To be honest with you I have never played the light version. It sounds like either your patrol grid selected was light at the time or the spawning probability in the light version is lower for graphics etc.

geoffwessex
05-24-2007, 05:38 PM
And also to be honest, with only five torpedoes in a Type IId, I didn't want to waste them on the things I found - "Small Coastal Vessels" and similar. And the patrol areas were in very shallow water, either off the Netherlands or around Norfolk/Lincolnshire - best not to get too far inshore as there's no 'going deep' to escape if you're caught, and the IId's battery isn't too clever.

Anyway, transferred to a VIIb now, so I can roam a little further

geoffwessex
05-27-2007, 07:37 AM
Well the first patrol with the VIIb was eventful - finding some big targets (those colliers are nice, at 20,000 tons!) but then I ran into some trouble (literally). Minefields! (Off East coast of Scotland/England).

Hit a mine and it did enough damage that I just couldn't do anything - couldn't surface, couldn't run home. Looked like I'd stay there indefinitely so, after 36 hours gametime I gave up and did a 'Save and Exit'. Decided I wouldn't play 'Dead is Dead' on this one and started again, going back to my previous save (which didn't include a C3 and a collier) and carried on the patrol. This time I kept further off the coast. C3 and Small Coaster later, I hit another minefield. Not so much damage but I assume it simulated battery gassing as I soon lost all my officers and half the remaining crew. Sitting on the bottom, shallow, unable to keep up with the flooding. Even if I'd surfaced, with no officers SH3 doesn't allow you to move, does it? So it will probably be a re-start back at the last save.

So... would SH3 Gen have given me minefield locations?