PDA

View Full Version : Bug or how it was in the RL

IV_JG51_Prien
02-13-2006, 09:20 PM
I love the JU88, great addition to the game for us bomber jockies.. However there is one thing I have not been able to find in researching the craft on the internet..

Is the flaps autorasing at speeds above around 210(ish)kph something that the plane actually did, or is it a bug within the flight model of the aircraft as it is represented in this simulator.

Just curious. Landing the 88 is sometimes a white knuckle experience due to losing a lot of low speed stability via a lack of flaps until it seems the very final leg of landing.

Inputs? Thoughts? Flames? Shut up and plays?

p-11.cAce
02-13-2006, 09:25 PM
I was wondering about this too - the low speed handling is pretty good so I just slow it to 200, dump everything on the cross-wind and try to roll onto final showing about 180 or so and hold it with throttle - slowing to 170 or so over the threshold and usually carrying 10-20% power until right before touchdown. It seems that to me that the -88 is less sensitive to slow flight throttle changes than the -111 but that may just be in my head...I'm a certified -111 floater http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif