PDA

View Full Version : DELETED

EviL_FazZ
12-25-2009, 07:14 PM
-DELETED-

nightshade6482
12-26-2009, 12:42 AM
My condolences http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I'd been downloading in-game videos all week before installing the game (it was a Christmas present) so I knew more or less what to expect.

I knew the game was not based entirely on the movie (for one, the Avatar's eyes are too small, and when riding the animals, they don't bond/connect their strands of hair. Minor detail tho.)

I'm not complaining, not in the least. But I'm just finding the task of flying an Ikran to be a bit headache inducing. Flying in small spaces is a schlep, and finding a spot to land often requires A LOT of small-space-flying.

Other than that, I'm impressed with the smooth gameplay at what I guess are fairly maxed out specs, considering you cant "fully customize" your graphic settings (shadows, decals, etc. Although, with bodies disintegrating into black goo almost instantly, there's no need for decal settings, as the map is freed of any unnecessary objects), and the ACTION-PACKED online multiplayer (maybe i just dont get out much).

W.
South Africa.

Keeper_of_Navi
12-26-2009, 02:10 AM
I'm sorry FazZ_Ltd, that your experience was not very good initially, maybe its a 64 bit thing, but I'm running 7 32x and I haven't crashed once, So I don't think its the game

and @nightshade6482, this game was released on the first, I'm sure they didn't want to give away certain things to take away from the immersion of seeing the movie for the first time on the 18th, the Ikran are hard to fly at first but its like anything else, do it a couple times and your a pro

Ankhareon
12-26-2009, 04:21 AM
Not giving things away is likely not the reason for the omission of the hair bond - if that were true, they would have patched them back in after the movie was released

Anyways, sorry to hear that. I didn't have any problems myself, but I know that can be extremely frustrating

scavenger67
12-26-2009, 05:10 PM
dont feel bad i got this game before xmas on steam and i am glad i did not pay full price!

since it is not worth what they are asking at he store for the off the shelf for it. i have been working on this poorly made/built game dec 23 and i have installed it twice so far.

trying to figure it out why it wont run or load up at all or just barley. i am a hard core pc gamer throung and through.

i dont own or want to own a console so i stick to pc only and i build my own so i know what i got.

and i keep it up to date at all time and i keep such file on back up drives as well. but if you check out my thread it will shed some light on the subject on hand.

and may help you out since i have been able to play it just a bit now. but we are asking a game company with a very long and bad track record of making bad and poorly made ports from consoles to pc.

and this is 1 of the worst 1 yet to date!! this game is so sensitive to sound setting in your window speaker control it is not even funny.

my self i have to try to make this game work cause steam will not refund nor exchange for a different game.

they told me i had to go tot he 3rd party for this game which is ubi soft so i know from past experiences i am SOL!!

cause their tech support have no clue at all and are lost when it comes to computers that is for sure.

i feel your pain i really do.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

deathjesteruk
12-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Im sorry chaps...but you are in a minority...and as such...it can only be down to something wrong with your PCs. I dont care if you call yourself a gamer or not, thousands have bought this game and are having no issues. Im sorry that you are having problems...but its not the game...its your Rig....simple as that.

draqonfly
12-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by deathjesteruk:
Im sorry chaps...but you are in a minority...and as such...it can only be down to something wrong with your PCs. I dont care if you call yourself a gamer or not, thousands have bought this game and are having no issues. Im sorry that you are having problems...but its not the game...its your Rig....simple as that.

i have to agree with you.

i once had a shotty comp and couldnt play games that me friends were playing.

now that i have upgraded me comp to one of the alright top machines... this game works fine.

i can understand how upset ppl are when they cant run the game on their pc... ive been there.

nightshade6482
12-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Yeah, i get what ur saying about not spoiling the movie http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

scavenger67
12-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by draqonfly:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deathjesteruk:

now that i have upgraded me comp to one of the alright top machines... this game works fine.

i can understand how upset ppl are when they cant run the game on their pc... ive been there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hate to break it to ya but it is the game and the game maker since i have pc that runs other game with max setting even with dx11 with no problem so yeH I DO NOT THINK IT IS MY PC AT ALL!!!

so i woold have to disagree with you 2 totally since you 2 must have sub standard pc that must just make it i guess .

when i can run the game you can see the fps i ran it at since fraps tells all with no lies

and since i have a 5870 gfx card i have the 1st true dx 11 gfx card on hand.

i just upgraded my mobo and psu as it is so i can keep up with the gfx card right now.

but5 like i said i build my pc i dont just have dull do it for me or wal mart rofl like you may have..

draqonfly
12-27-2009, 01:46 AM
mmmm......

since you have a better graphics card than what i have, mines only a 4890c ... then its the games' fault.

prolly gotta wait till ubi staff are back from their holidays to fix things up.

good luck

kibbet
12-27-2009, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by scavenger67:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by draqonfly:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deathjesteruk:

i can understand how upset ppl are when they cant run the game on their pc... ive been there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hate to break it to ya but it is the game and the game maker since i have pc that runs other game with max setting even with dx11 with no problem so yeH I DO NOT THINK IT IS MY PC AT ALL!!!

so i woold have to disagree with you 2 totally since you 2 must have sub standard pc that must just make it i guess .

when i can run the game you can see the fps i ran it at since fraps tells all with no lies

i just upgraded my mobo and psu as it is so i can keep up with the gfx card right now.

but5 like i said i build my pc i dont just have dull do it for me or wal mart rofl like you may have.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

uh i guess you havent read this brighthead

*SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS AT TIME OF RELEASE:
ATI® RADEON® 1650-1950 / HD 2000/3000/4000 series
NVIDIA GeForce™ 200 series and 6800/7000/8000/9000 series
* 8800M and 8700M laptop cards are supported.

you arent as smart as ya think.....

scavenger67
12-27-2009, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by kibbet:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scavenger67:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by draqonfly:

but5 like i said i build my pc i dont just have dull do it for me or wal mart rofl like you may have.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

uh i guess you havent read this brighthead

*SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS AT TIME OF RELEASE:
ATI® RADEON® 1650-1950 / HD 2000/3000/4000 series
NVIDIA GeForce™ 200 series and 6800/7000/8000/9000 series
* 8800M and 8700M laptop cards are supported.

you arent as smart as ya think..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

neither are you i guess rofl nice 1st post you slander a forum user and you think you know all at tha same time. nice 1.

if you are not going to help do not post at all have a nice day.

Mr_Shade
12-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Lets not start calling each other names..

I take it the Original Poster has installed the latest patch and has up to date drivers?

Might also be worth while reading some of the other solutions posted in the forums,when using DX10/11 such as this post here! (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6391049957/m/1461097818)

cbradley172
12-27-2009, 04:22 PM
I Could not agree more about this game. i bought
it with high expectations after seeing the film and all i can say is how can cameron bear to lend his name to this atrocity. it is a big lump of gliches and the missions are tyring and repetitive fetch quests.the movement is stiff and flying an ikran is incredably trying. i want a refund on what i was assured was a great game and an experence equal to the movie and i was sorely dissapointed.if anyone reading this who has not yet got this game i urge you not to as if you can even get it working it just is an awful awful game.

draqonfly
12-28-2009, 02:29 PM
@ kibbet

Thankyou for putting up your post... that little information will open the eyes of the big boys with big computers who wonders why their godly computers cant run the game... unfortunately. Even though it was your 1st post, it was correct and true !

However this game i am getting bored of already. the multiplayer is a pain in the back side when trying to find a game. Im pretty sure there are more than 8 players around the world playing this game whenever i log in. But i never seem to find more. only once or twice did i enter a game that was full of players.

i havnt been playing for over a few days... all i can say is multiplayer is not working as it should compared to many other crappy games out there in the market these days, and its a part of the reason why im already bored with this game.
i think its time for me to put the white flags up with gaming. the best game that i have ever played in me life was warcraft, warcraft 2, warcraft 3, and world of warcraft ( the legend of games ).... all the rest is no where near. oh... except for diablo and starcraft. ive tried many other games and they were crap. however arcade games back in the old school days were a blast to play !

i might jump on avatar once in a while to have a game or two or three... but i cant seem to hang onto it for over an hour of play a day. it just doesnt lure me in. only the movie has !

maybe one day when they create a game as 3d mmorpg i will give it a go... but from now onwards, i wouldnt even bother wasting $90.00 to buy a game that the press would say its good, but actually its hopeless. if i saved another $200.00, i wouldve got meself another python which i would enjoy more than a mediocre game.

cbradley172
12-28-2009, 07:19 PM
i could not agree more about the multiplayer my brother has it on the 360 and you cant even get a full game. its a simple problem that could be easily rectified with a patch or the addition off bots but no. at least assasins creed 2 was good

Halkrath
01-24-2010, 06:21 PM
scavenger67, Try re-reading your posts.. before talking about being slandered. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I have a top-notch system, this game runs beautiful for me. However, fallout 3 runs very sluggish for me. It's not the game. It's something in your rig that doesn't agree. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

scavenger67
01-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Halkrath:
scavenger67, Try re-reading your posts.. before talking about being slandered. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I have a top-notch system, this game runs beautiful for me. However, fallout 3 runs very sluggish for me. It's not the game. It's something in your rig that doesn't agree. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

why should it be my system? i hate to tell you this but i guess since FO3 does not run on your system it must be your system cause FO3 runs great on mine.

but as i have said before this game would have done way better if ubi soft would have not touch it.

that is the bottom line and end of story on that.

since this game is the worst 1 they have produce yet beside letdown/lockdown and vegas series.

the only game that they made that was 1/2 way decent was raven shield and that was well over 6yrs ago.

but back to topic:
like other in many other forums beside this one are many unhappy customers with this game.

for many reason and they way it runs or the lack their of is at the top of the list.

and the game play is not all it is cracked up to be either.

it has no real replay value in it at all unlike FO3 which has a lot of reply value to it.

if i would have seen that ubi soft had there name on it i would have never wasted my money on it.

and that is it. i like other want our money back. since i still can not play this game on win7 ultimate 64bit at all.

and on vista i can play 3 hours at a time and only twice per boot.

and Halkrath if you think you know so much then why do other have so many troubles with this game?

since i all ready know the majority of it has to do with the sound. and like other have stated it as well and that if you have a sound card you will have even more troubles with it running.

and i am not going to remove my $200 Auzentech XFI Prelude sound card out just for 1 lousy and super poorly ported game, you got another thing coming!

Halkrath
01-24-2010, 07:31 PM
1.) If you don't like the damn game, uninstall it, and forget about it.

2.) I didn't say you had a poor system, unlike similar comments you made to others. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

3.) Not all systems will agree with every game.

4.) I'm not the one who claimed to know so much about pc's.

5.) How does one NOT know the game was from UBIsoft ... ffs.

-yawns-

scavenger67
01-24-2010, 08:38 PM
1.) If you don't like the damn game, uninstall it, and forget about it.

2.) I didn't say you had a poor system, unlike similar comments you made to others. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

3.) Not all systems will agree with every game.

4.) I'm not the one who claimed to know so much about pc's.

5.) How does one NOT know the game was from UBIsoft ... ffs.

-yawns-

1.] even if i do uninstall i am still out my money

2.] well yes you did reread your own post and i did not state that to other do not. you need to stop making accusation!

3.] this is true

4.]well i know enough to help other and do so unlike other that claim they do but do not help.

5.]i herd that the game look real good and played i went off of that and i saw it was cheap on steam i then click it to my cart and paid for it.

i guess i did not look at the game page to see who made it at all since it is only stated there and not on the pay here page. ffs......

yawns back http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Halkrath
01-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Do a little searching before you think about getting a game, and by research i don't mean everyones say-so.

If the above is followed, you would surely not "waste" as much money, nearly as often.

Above 2 steps = Less regrets, and less whining. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

gold99999
01-27-2010, 07:15 AM
on gameplay i must say i am a bit disapointed as it realy shows the game to be meant for the console market and not the pc players no real save/load option the resurect if u have enough spores collected and a realy limited mission list.
graficaly i find they put a lot of effort in it to try and get as close to the movie as posible.
so all things considered its not a bad game but realy game wise not on the level with the old school shooters i realy enyoed to play wich where wolfenstein 3d and duke nukem 3d wich where more fun in my view to play

jrmagee
01-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Yes - the game is quite disappointing in oh so many ways.

First let me say that the landscapes are gorgeous...the artists did an amazing job with the look of Pandora. But then the developers must have gotten behind schedule...
I have a Star Wars Jedi Knight game that is 8 years old yet much more interesting to play and so I compare it to "Avatar":

-The voice-overs are god-awful. Like a high-school drama class. And the dialogue is absolutely repetitive...."good job, now go do this..."

-The sound is cheap - the soldiers say the same things over and over and over...why not throw in something new once in awhile? And why would the noise of an overhead helicopter disappear when you look away? Lot's of stuff like that. Good sound takes time and money and really can make a game shine. In "Jedi" you could sneak up on storm troopers and listen to them talking about their personal lives!

-But the story line!!! Oh - my - God. Go get the shard. OK, now go get another shard. Now another shard. (What does a shard look like? Anyone?) Now sing a song - yeah, step into that light over there and watch a 5 second movie of you "doing a song" (no audio of a song) and little rocks floating...OK, Mission Completed! Good boy! I mean, there is almost nothing interesting to do in this game. Where are the hidden places, the little gems of surprise, the challenge of having to do some tricky jumps or problem solving one's way through a puzzling situation? Where is the looking around and asking yourself, hmmm... I wonder what that is? I don't want to go read an article about it, I want to do something with it.
A game like this should make you excited about exploring the new world. But it's the same old stuff wherever you go.

-You can't shoot anyone unless you're up close. The "Jedi" game let me take a good aim and shoot enemies so far away you could hardly see them.

This is the same company that produced the "Myst" series and so it's understandable why Cameron would say he was sure that Ubisoft would do something "transcendental". But for those of us who paid $50 with that expectation in mind - "OUCH!!"

AGENTxxxxx47
01-27-2010, 11:01 PM
The only good thing about this game is to let it idle until it turns into nighttime then I play around look at the scenery.

Halkrath
01-28-2010, 06:09 AM
I agree with alot of the above posted, however, I have no problems shooting RDA soldiers with my bow from cliffs or trees, at a good distance. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif That may be different on the other side, then which I understand. All in all, a good game is a good game, this is decent. Scenery is wonderful, and I sometimes idle it so I can see night time as well lol, thought I might be the only one. The game wasn't built upon what many expected,it reminds me of the AVP games. The company made one years ago, it only succeeded for a certain time, and they finally have a new one coming out, with so many more features and graphics enhanced... just my 2 cents. I do enjoy this game though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

AGENTxxxxx47
01-28-2010, 07:34 AM
I agree with alot of the above posted, however, I have no problems shooting RDA soldiers with my bow from cliffs or trees, at a good distance. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif That may be different on the other side, then which I understand. All in all, a good game is a good game, this is decent. Scenery is wonderful, and I sometimes idle it so I can see night time as well lol, thought I might be the only one. The game wasn't built upon what many expected,it reminds me of the AVP games. The company made one years ago, it only succeeded for a certain time, and they finally have a new one coming out, with so many more features and graphics enhanced... just my 2 cents. I do enjoy this game though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Yeah some maps take upwards of 2 hours before night time so sometimes I would just put a piece of tape on my controller so the game will keep going and wait for night time while I was surfin the net or something.

Night time is available on EVERY MAP.

EviL_FazZ
02-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Can ANYONE tell me how I deactivate 'Avatar the game' on PC so it can be installed on a different PC.
I have search EVERYWHERE and can't find any help at all!

Thanks! [^_^]