PDA

View Full Version : People need to stop whining!

ox Se7eN xo
07-08-2007, 08:47 AM
all i see on this forum is people saying how RUBBISH the game is when they havent even PLAYED it yet or seen any real in-game footage

when Double Agent came out, we had the same thing, people saying it sucked before they even played the game

in my opinion, Double Agent (on XBox and on XBox 360) were AMAZING games, they deviated from the stale and old classic Splinter Cell games (dont get me wrong, Splinter Cell, PT and CT are three of the greatest games ever made)

people are comparing Conviction with Assassin's Creed because of the crowd system

so what if they use the same thing? in case you hadn't realised, IT'S THE THING TO DO RIGHT NOW!!!

Kane and Lynch are using a crowd system as well, and as did the latest Hitman game.

quit your moaning, cos Conviction, like the rest of the Splinter Cell games Ubi have made, is going to be a classic and every single one of you is going to buy it whether you end up liking it or not

SITHDUKE
07-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Don't count on it.

LoneInTheDark
07-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Those of us who are wary understand we have not played the game, neither have you, so you cannot venture to say it is going to be a classic when you are just as clueless to the content as the rest of us. The concern is what we have witnessed so far. At this point I will not purchase the game. After others who have or are playing have given their critique (this will include those whose logic demands quality, such as Knot3D) then I will make the decision as to whether buy, rent, or dismiss the game.

ox Se7eN xo
07-08-2007, 10:01 AM
yeah i know i'm as clueless as everyone else, but when have Ubi Soft NOT made a classic (apart from Essentials, which i thought was actually alright)?

people are saying how good Assassin's Creed is gonna be, but that Splinter Cell Conviction is going to suck

same games, different eras is all

marinius
07-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by S7N:
yeah i know i'm as clueless as everyone else,

No, I don't believe you realise just how clueless you are. If you did, you wouldn't have bothered starting up yet another one of these idiotic threads. Not a very positive contribution to this forum unfortunately.

ox Se7eN xo
07-08-2007, 10:52 AM
stfu, this thread is POSITIVE

the rest of the threads in this forum are about how this game sucks and how it rips off other stuff

the only reason its gone down hill is cos of people like you posting in it

SPROGGY
07-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by marinius:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S7N:

No, I don't believe you realise just how clueless you are. If you did, you wouldn't have bothered starting up yet another one of these idiotic threads. Not a very positive contribution to this forum unfortunately. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hes been around here far longer than you have and has made plenty of solid contributions in the past. He also made a good point in his last post. He has as much right to ***** about the negativity as you do to feed it. His post wasnt rude and other than assuming you will buy the game, it wasnt at all offensive. You seem to have made a habit out of being rude to people who support Conviction. Maybe thats coincidence, but alot of your posts are fairly abrasive. Try to keep in mind that not everyone who posts here is your age, your nationality, or of the same opinion as you. Disliking someones stance is hardly reason to be rude. I think you should consider purchasing a punching bag http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

EmmaJordan
07-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Oye... not another one.

As many know, I am not very impressed with Conviction (from what I have seen on the trailer and of course, what I have read in various game magazines).

It is alright to have an opinion on the game based upon the available information... Everyone is entitled to their opinion. There are a few people on this board that have been very supportive of the new gameplay mechanics and the loss of spy versus merc. multiplayer. However, I have respected their right to have an opinion - no matter how vehemently I may, at times, disagree.

If you are entitled to be optimistic about this travesty, then I am entitled to be pessimistic. Each of us has seen and read the exact same things, and of course, has an opinion as to whether it will be good or not.

As far as your question as to when Ubisoft has not "made a classic", you need look no further than Double Agent (single player - while, I didn't like some aspects of the multiplayer, overall it was enjoyable to play...but certainly it was no chaos theory).

FYI - There is a reason that Ubisoft produces trailers and does interviews a year before the game comes out.... to generate a "buzz" about the game (simple marketing, really). Put simply, Ubisoft wants us to have an opinion about the game and to talk about it on forums like this (although, certainly, Ubisoft was hoping for a better reception than this title has received).

Ubisoft is, in my opinion, killing off a great franchise by getting rid of what worked (i.e., spy versus merc and light/shadow gameplay) in favor of what utterly failed (day light stealth). Ubisoft wants to make a "Jason Bourne" - style game that will be nothing more than a Hitman clone.

ox Se7eN xo
07-08-2007, 11:07 AM
EmmaJordan, your missing the point of this thread

from what i've seen of the game, it looks good, and i mean the GAME itself looks good, not whether it sticks to the Splinter Cell formula

but you guys dont seem to realise that the formula that Ubi Soft are using is just one step up from what we saw in Double Agent on the 360 with the HQ missions

you had to keep what you were doing hidden and keep out of certain areas

in Conviction you gotta do the same thing (as well as hide from guards and cops)

another point is that you're still hiding, just in a different way

i guarentee if Ubi Soft were making the next Splinter Cell just like Chaos Theory you guys would STILL find something to moan about

answer me these two questions, people:

1) do you like what you've seen so far?

and

2) are you going to buy the game?

if the answer to both those questions is NO, then get off these forums! i'd rather see constructive criticism and positive attitudes than people being negative and getting into arguments

BurningDeath.
07-08-2007, 11:22 AM
quit your moaning, cos Conviction, like the rest of the Splinter Cell games Ubi have made, is going to be a classic and every single one of you is going to buy it whether you end up liking it or not
Last time I checked DA was far away from getting a classic. And I didn't even buy it, so why should i buy Conviction? To play hobbo Sam? Come on...

when Double Agent came out, we had the same thing, people saying it sucked before they even played the game
....and it sucked. Selfpwnd.

in case you hadn't realised, IT'S THE THING TO DO RIGHT NOW!!!
That doesn't mean that they had to make it a Splinter Cell game, because its not the right title for that kind of gameplay. Splinter Cell has always been unique and original, even pioneering - Splinter Cell doesn't deserve the Ubisoft strategy of copying other games if you ask me.

EmmaJordan
07-08-2007, 11:26 AM
EmmaJordan, your missing the point of this thread

from what i've seen of the game, it looks good, and i mean the GAME itself looks good, not whether it sticks to the Splinter Cell formula

but you guys dont seem to realise that the formula that Ubi Soft are using is just one step up from what we saw in Double Agent on the 360 with the HQ missions

you had to keep what you were doing hidden and keep out of certain areas

in Conviction you gotta do the same thing (as well as hide from guards and cops)

another point is that you're still hiding, just in a different way

i guarentee if Ubi Soft were making the next Splinter Cell just like Chaos Theory you guys would STILL find something to moan about

and

if the answer to both those questions is NO, then get off these forums! i'd rather see constructive criticism and positive attitudes than people being negative and getting into arguments

I can easily answer your questions. No, I do not like what I see:

(a) the premise is right out of a Jason Bourne movie - great movies, but certainly this is no innovation or keeping in the tradition of a game I love; (b) the gameplay reminds me of Hitman; and (c) the gameplay "improves" upon and emphasizes an aspect of Double Agent that I hated - the Headquarters missions and the daylight stealth missions).

Am I going to buy the game? Unless they change their minds and actually make this a "Splinter Cell" game, then unfortunately, I will not likely buy the game.

Why do I post on this form? Perhaps, it is a rather futile attempt on my part to get Ubisoft to stop the stupidity and insanity exhibited so far....I would love to buy another Splinter Cell game, but not a rehash of other used premises and gameplay. I have several Hitman titles. I don't need another.

So, according to your post, I am therefore not entitled to post on this form! Great!! Good thing you are not a moderator...

Sorry, but I will continue to post. These forums are for discussion purposes. How can you have a discussion if no one is allowed to disagree? How can you have a discussion if only "positive" remarks are allowed? Of course, you cannot.

I may totally disagree with you and others on whether this will be a great title. However, I freely respect your right to voice your opinion... I suggest that you allow me the same courtesy.

The point of the thread was that the "detractors" are "whiners" and that we should not complain...er, "whine" because the game is not yet out. That is no form of argument in my mind.

ox Se7eN xo
07-08-2007, 11:29 AM
so you didnt even buy the game, you're not going to buy the next one and you're on here why?

"Selfpwned"? no, it's called OPINION

every review i read of DA on the XBox and XBox 360 gave it 9/10 or 85%+

fair enough, that's the opinion of those guys, but they're people who are trusted in giving reviews of games

EmmaJordan
07-08-2007, 11:34 AM
so you didnt even buy the game, you're not going to buy the next one and you're on here why?

"Selfpwned"? no, it's called OPINION

every review i read of DA on the XBox and XBox 360 gave it 9/10 or 85%+

fair enough, that's the opinion of those guys, but they're people who are trusted in giving reviews of games

Wow...you can really read well.

I did buy Double Agent. It sucked. I hated the day missios, the headquarter missions, etc.

Game reviewers are not necessarily fans of the franchise. As long as the gameplay was somewhat interesting and the graphics were killer, this title was going to get a decent review.

Now, ask the people on this board whether they liked Chaos Theory or Double Agent better... I know what the results will be.

Now, let's take a look at Double Agent. Its sales were significantly lower than those of Chaos Theory.

You can have all the 9/10 reviews ... if I am a game developer, I would prefer to have people actually buy my game.

ox Se7eN xo
07-08-2007, 11:39 AM
EmmaJordan, thanks for seeing my side, those were some good points you made

BUT, what i loved about Double Agent is being made even better for Conviction and i know that i'll like this game just as much (if not more than) Double Agent

yes, it wont be another Chaos Theory, which in my opinion was the best of all the Splinter Cell games.

but Ubi Soft don't wanna make another Chaos Theory cos it would be boring.

i'd have to agree with them. this is the next gen era now, we've had the great graphics with DA, we just need a new kinda gameplay to keep us interested and i feel that Conviction, yeah it's like Jason Bourne but there hasn;t been a Jason Bourne game YET, will do that

EDITED: and yes i CAN read, my reply wasnt to YOU, it was to BurningDeath i just posted AFTER you posted yours

EmmaJordan
07-08-2007, 11:42 AM
yes, it wont be another Chaos Theory, which in my opinion was the best of all the Splinter Cell games.

but Ubi Soft don't wanna make another Chaos Theory cos it would be boring.

i'd have to agree with them. this is the next gen era now, we've had the great graphics with DA, we just need a new kinda gameplay to keep us interested and i feel that Conviction, yeah it's like Jason Bourne but there hasn;t been a Jason Bourne game YET, will do that

My bad... I wasn't following your exchange with Burning Death.

simulacra
07-08-2007, 12:31 PM
I still don not understand why ppl dont seem to understand that they are venting rash emotions.

It's in plain sight "oh noes, sc5 is not what I believe sc to be, I shall hate it! I want it to be this way", etc ", no looking at what we've seen by it's own merits, a game that looks exciting and features sam fisher as the protagonist...

Step back and look at the game as it was a new franchise.
IF this is the end of sc as we've known it, why just not accept it and maybe wait for the next, becuase ubi will NOT revert development on this one.

Stealth_chill
07-08-2007, 12:37 PM
ive sed this before about people telling p;eople to stop[ whining and ill say it again.

People are entitled to their opinion and interpretation of what the game will be like. From what we have seen they can say it sucks, its not splinter cell or they can say itll be great!

What makes me mad is that people make topics to tell people who are saying it sucks to shut up because they havent played it yet.....but the people who think its going to be great havent played it either. so why not make a topic telli9ng them that they are wrong?

well no one is wrong, because no one has played the game so an opinion is all we have at this time. And i am going to keep mine untill changed otherwise http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ninjaryder1
07-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Ubi Soft don't wanna make another Chaos Theory cos it would be boring.

Im gonna have to disagree with you on that. Matter of fact i am still playing CT and doing so right now.

ox Se7eN xo
07-08-2007, 01:01 PM
well, that's not ANOTHER Splinter Cell game is it Ninja, that's one they've ALREADY MADE and i already said it's the best of the bunch so far

and Stealth_chill, yeah i know people are entitled to their opinions, but there are people on here who have posted in this thread that aren't even buying Conviction, didnt buy Double Agent and yet they still continue to post stupid stuff on here

and people also need to stop moaning about there being no Spies vs Mercs

if you want to play Spys vs Mercs, go play CT or PT

fugitive4692
07-08-2007, 01:25 PM
I agree 100% with S7N. While this game is a step away from the originals this one still has a chance to be a classic. I think the only reason you are giving this game so much heat is because of the splinter cell license. If this game had a different name it wouldn't be such a target. I'm buying this game because the game in itself looks good. I am not going to boycott its purchase because it is not identical to the other spinter cells. All you critics are only basing your opinion on the past games you have played but i bet if this game was not a member of the splinter cell series then you wouldnt care at all. But it is Ubisoft's decision where to go with there games and when you go out and make a great game series you can decide where it goes but until then stfu and let Ubisoft do what it does best.

ox Se7eN xo
07-08-2007, 02:51 PM
yeha, all we've seen of the game so far is the NEW stuff they wanna put in

when CT came out the knife was all the rage as were some of the modular parts of the weapon

nobody really cared about the other stuff because its a default that comes with the game

there's still gonna be sneaking around in the dark, sticking yorself to walls and doing call things

but ya gotta remember that Sam is getting old, and that split jumping and running around shooting people is beyond him now

EmmaJordan
07-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by simulacra:
I still don not understand why ppl dont seem to understand that they are venting rash emotions.

It's in plain sight "oh noes, sc5 is not what I believe sc to be, I shall hate it! I want it to be this way", etc ", no looking at what we've seen by it's own merits, a game that looks exciting and features sam fisher as the protagonist...

Step back and look at the game as it was a new franchise.
IF this is the end of sc as we've known it, why just not accept it and maybe wait for the next, becuase ubi will NOT revert development on this one.

Quite frankly - to me, this game doesn't look exciting. It looks like a "pretty" re-tread of already well-explored themes ("Fugitive",Jason Bourne, Hitman) and a lame excuse for writing off high development costs on the engine for Assassin's Creed (i.e., so they could justify the amount of time and effort they spent developing that game...). Just walking in a crowd does - trying not to be noticed - does not look very exciting to me at all.

If this game didn't have the name "Splinter Cell", it wouldn't even be on my radar.

I love Splinter Cell (well, at least the first three and Double Agent's multiplayer is growing on me) and I do not intend to just "accept" Ubisoft's decision to destroy a franchise that I have spent tons of time and money on supporting.

I am a consumer... I had been a very loyal fan and supporter of the series - even through what I believe have been stumbles (Double Agent's single player missions were awful...I have no desire to re-play any of them - especially the ridiculous JBA Headquarters missions). I have every right to express my displeasure - whether Ubisoft listens or not (yes, I know they really do not give a rat's #$%).

marinius
07-09-2007, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by deepego3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marinius:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S7N:

No, I don't believe you realise just how clueless you are. If you did, you wouldn't have bothered starting up yet another one of these idiotic threads. Not a very positive contribution to this forum unfortunately. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hes been around here far longer than you have and has made plenty of solid contributions in the past. He also made a good point in his last post. He has as much right to ***** about the negativity as you do to feed it. His post wasnt rude and other than assuming you will buy the game, it wasnt at all offensive. You seem to have made a habit out of being rude to people who support Conviction. Maybe thats coincidence, but alot of your posts are fairly abrasive. Try to keep in mind that not everyone who posts here is your age, your nationality, or of the same opinion as you. Disliking someones stance is hardly reason to be rude. I think you should consider purchasing a punching bag http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems you're for some reason starting to hold a grudge against me deepego3. You've made it quite the habit of being condescending towards me while completely missing the content of what's being discussed. But that's allright, I'm used to ecountering far worse in these forums so I don't mind. Still, you call my posts abrasive...have you read the things people post in here every day? If I'm abrasive I'd like to hear your judgement on some of these other clowns...

Now, my point about the futility of a tread starting off with this quote is still valid:

"all i see on this forum is people saying how RUBBISH the game is when they havent even PLAYED it yet or seen any real in-game footage"

Obviously, the OP hasn't looked too much into the various threads if this is all he gets from the forum. Now, however long he's been here and what he may or may not have done here in the past is totally irrelevant. His reply to my post is also telling:

"stfu, this thread is POSITIVE"

Lol, I think not...

Georg_Maximus
07-09-2007, 02:11 AM

The graphics look really nice, and if the crowd AI work the way they say it will, it is indeed an impressive work of coding. I'll give'em that.

Not before I read any reviews that convince me that it's actually a great game, simply because it looks boring. Crowd stealth may work in Assassin's Creed because the whole game concept is built around it, but playing some Jason Bourne-character running around in sandbox and eavesdropping to 3000(?) lines of conversation doesn't sound very appealing to me. Maybe it'll be a great game for those who like gameplay that emphasises crowd mechanics and social interaction, but I get enough of that in real life. Also, I didn't jump on the SC train before SCCT came out, and although I've played through all the SC games (exept for Essentials), it's not a great loss for me to abandon the series. But I'm still very disappointed, because traditional SC managed to give a unique and extremely rare gaming experience through its light/shadow-based gameplay, while SCC seems to become generic and streamlined to a mass market. It's a pity that Ubi has less faith the next-gen potential of vintage SC gameplay than its fans, and I won't unconditonally support Ubi's submission to the mediocre expectations of the mass marked by buying it.

if the answer to both those questions is NO, then get off these forums!

Why? As fans of the SC series we are entitled to have an opinion about where it's heading, right?

marinius
07-09-2007, 02:24 AM
Apparently there's a whole slew of people in here who feel differently Georg. They state quite clearly that if you don't like what you've seen so far, you should leave the forums. Quite remarkable really, but then again, some people in this world are narcissistic and fascist enough to hold such views. The only way to combat those dangerous attitudes is of course to keep believing in the right to free expression.

Georg_Maximus
07-09-2007, 02:29 AM
Amandla Ngawethu!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

marinius
07-09-2007, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Georg_Maximus:
Amandla Ngawethu!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
Good one sir!

simulacra
07-09-2007, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by EmmaJordan:
Quite frankly - to me, this game doesn't look exciting. It looks like a "pretty" re-tread of already well-explored themes ("Fugitive",Jason Bourne, Hitman) and a lame excuse for writing off high development costs on the engine for Assassin's Creed (i.e., so they could justify the amount of time and effort they spent developing that game...). Just walking in a crowd does - trying not to be noticed - does not look very exciting to me at all.

If this game didn't have the name "Splinter Cell", it wouldn't even be on my radar.

I love Splinter Cell (well, at least the first three and Double Agent's multiplayer is growing on me) and I do not intend to just "accept" Ubisoft's decision to destroy a franchise that I have spent tons of time and money on supporting.

I am a consumer... I had been a very loyal fan and supporter of the series - even through what I believe have been stumbles (Double Agent's single player missions were awful...I have no desire to re-play any of them - especially the ridiculous JBA Headquarters missions). I have every right to express my displeasure - whether Ubisoft listens or not (yes, I know they really do not give a rat's #$%).

The covert op being a well explored theme?
Maybe in films, but NOT in games.
I've been gaming for a LONG time and I have yet to see ANY spy game worth the code it consists of.
Hitman is not covert op, theif is not covert op, the only game that ever came close to be some sort of "realistic" depiction of that world was splinter cell, albeit with a methodology that fits hollywood and gaming better than reality.
Sending someone into unfriendly territory with hardly any on-site support or local contacts with hitech gear specially designed for the operative is riskful, the equipment being the largest problem if the whole op goes flatline and the operative turns up dead or captured.
"yes mr. spy we DO believe that you got this suit on ebay, and you say that these goggles are over the counter! I might get myself a pair! Nice gun you have, MUCH nicer then the chinese AK-47's you can get around here"

But then again, I've always enjoyed discussing the "what if and how to's" of splinter cell vs the world of REAL espionage which I'm interested in, which is exactly why I look forward to scc.

It seems they'll take sam into the world of applied covertness? (yes I know that's not a real word http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)
Back in the days we entered a building be abseiling down an airduct, now we might enter a building through the front door sporting a fake employee ID, if UBI has fleshed out the game enough we might have other ways in, like abseiling through an airduct for instance http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Let's look at scc through this perspective, scc let's you play what happens the hours BEFORE we magically ended up in front of said airduct in earlier games in a way, not really completely applicable but you probably understand what I mean.

You and many other SC-fans seems more to be fans of the actual methodology of sam rather than the why's and how's behind it, I can understand that, not really what I like about the games but still.

on the other hand the I find whole politics thing that surrounds scc is annoying and is wearing me down.

SPROGGY
07-09-2007, 07:42 AM

It seems you're for some reason starting to hold a grudge against me deepego3. You've made it quite the habit of being condescending towards me while completely missing the content of what's being discussed. But that's allright, I'm used to ecountering far worse in these forums so I don't mind. Still, you call my posts abrasive...have you read the things people post in here every day? If I'm abrasive I'd like to hear your judgement on some of these other clowns...

Now, my point about the futility of a tread starting off with this quote is still valid:

"all i see on this forum is people saying how RUBBISH the game is when they havent even PLAYED it yet or seen any real in-game footage"

Obviously, the OP hasn't looked too much into the various threads if this is all he gets from the forum. Now, however long he's been here and what he may or may not have done here in the past is totally irrelevant. His reply to my post is also telling:

"stfu, this thread is POSITIVE"

Lol, I think not...

Apparently Im not the only one whos having trouble with context marinius. I find that in just about every thread I open youve insulted someone. At times those insults are unprovoked and ridiculous. You seem to have this elitist attitude yet you sometimes stoop much much lower than those youre attacking.

The reason Im directing my attention towards you is because you clearly arent a child. Some of the posters on this forum arent any older than 13. It is futile for you, or me, to insult a 13 year old kid for being obnoxious. It will neither make him see the error of his ways or contribute to the thread. In fact youre essentially just adding fuel to the fire. Do you have a good time insulting kids? I would certainly hope not.

Now S7N's history on these forums is not irrelevant by any means. It may be so to you, but you havent been around very long. Everyone is entitled to a few dumb posts, and nobody likes being criticized when they post one. So although I didnt see the "stfu, this thread is POSITIVE" remark before I posed my last reply, I can hardly blame him for defending himself, intelligently or not.

Im not missing anything content wise in any of the threads I take part in. I read every post before I reply. So If it makes you feel better to say Im just hunting you down to criticize you then by all means, feel better. The truth though is that I stumble across many of your posts that are unnecessarily rude to people who dont always deserve it. Those posts dont make any more of a positive contribution than the ones your chastising them for in the first place. You can get your point across without being combative.

Now I have not insulted you, called you a name, or told you to "STFU". Hardly sounds like a grudge......! In fact Ive only posted twice about it up to this point. I will admit though that Im having a hard time understanding why someone who seems educated and is so worried about the content of others posts would post this himself "No, I don't believe you realise just how clueless you are.". What did that accomplish? Yes I am fully aware of the "other clowns" and their mindless ranting. Are you a "clown"?

BurningDeath.
07-09-2007, 08:15 AM
You and many other SC-fans seems more to be fans of the actual methodology of sam rather than the why's and how's behind it, I can understand that, not really what I like about the games but still.
Yep. I can only speak for me, but I think my opinion is not too different than i.e. Georg's or marinius'. I think that the way Sam infiltrated buildings, using the shadows to sneak past the guards and fulfilling his missions unseen in the SC1, PT and CT was what "made" Splinter Cell in the first place. Sam Fisher as a character was just the tool to complete the mission, he could have been dumped in CT in favour of an other agent just like you switch cars in a racing game.

You and most of the guys that are more "pro Conviction" seem to have played SC differently. You seem to see it as some kind of "The Adventures of Sam Fisher", where you follow him wherever the plot may take him (which is perfectly alright for me btw). That attitude, of course, makes Conviction shine in a bright light for you, because it's even more about the "human being" Sam than Double Agent was.

What everyone, no matter what "side" he is on, needs to respect is that there is no need to tell the other group to shut up. Everyone has his opinion and the right to defend it.

MKCC14
07-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by BurningDeath.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by simulacra:
Yep. I can only speak for me, but I think my opinion is not too different than i.e. Georg's or marinius'. I think that the way Sam infiltrated buildings, using the shadows to sneak past the guards and fulfilling his missions unseen in the SC1, PT and CT was what "made" Splinter Cell in the first place. Sam Fisher as a character was just the tool to complete the mission, he could have been dumped in CT in favour of an other agent just like you switch cars in a racing game.

You and most of the guys that are more "pro Conviction" seem to have played SC differently. You seem to see it as some kind of "The Adventures of Sam Fisher", where you follow him wherever the plot may take him (which is perfectly alright for me btw). That attitude, of course, makes Conviction shine in a bright light for you, because it's even more about the "human being" Sam than Double Agent was.

What everyone, no matter what "side" he is on, needs to respect is that there is no need to tell the other group to shut up. Everyone has his opinion and the right to defend it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I actually play for both, I wont actually play a game just because I like the character. That doesnt make sense to me.

insanity76
07-09-2007, 09:20 AM

Yes.

Yes.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

simulacra
07-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Yea, I play the games for both reasons to, but many times in earlier games I thought like "there MUST be easier ways of doing this than to climb this wall in the middle of the night..."
The underlying thought was "if sam's so good at this, why can 3E only use him at night?"

There was always this more overt side of sam that was missing, both in methodology and in character

BurningDeath.
07-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Yea, I play the games for both reasons to, but many times in earlier games I thought like "there MUST be easier ways of doing this than to climb this wall in the middle of the night..."
The underlying thought was "if sam's so good at this, why can 3E only use him at night?"
Seeing the SCC ingame footage, the first thing I thought was "why the hell can't he just sneak in there at night and steal those dossiers". No need for all the crowd trouble and guard distraction, just wait till it's night and find a way in, as he did in previous Splinter Cell titles. I know that they decided that Sam had to become a fugitive, but even as a fugitive he is still a highly trained special agent and I think a special agent would do what he is best at, sneaking, in Sams case.
I don't get that, it's quite unlogical to me.

marinius
07-09-2007, 01:29 PM

Apparently Im not the only one whos having trouble with context marinius. I find that in just about every thread I open youve insulted someone. At times those insults are unprovoked and ridiculous. You seem to have this elitist attitude yet you sometimes stoop much much lower than those youre attacking.

The reason Im directing my attention towards you is because you clearly arent a child. Some of the posters on this forum arent any older than 13. It is futile for you, or me, to insult a 13 year old kid for being obnoxious. It will neither make him see the error of his ways or contribute to the thread. In fact youre essentially just adding fuel to the fire. Do you have a good time insulting kids? I would certainly hope not.

Now S7N's history on these forums is not irrelevant by any means. It may be so to you, but you havent been around very long. Everyone is entitled to a few dumb posts, and nobody likes being criticized when they post one. So although I didnt see the "stfu, this thread is POSITIVE" remark before I posed my last reply, I can hardly blame him for defending himself, intelligently or not.

Im not missing anything content wise in any of the threads I take part in. I read every post before I reply. So If it makes you feel better to say Im just hunting you down to criticize you then by all means, feel better. The truth though is that I stumble across many of your posts that are unnecessarily rude to people who dont always deserve it. Those posts dont make any more of a positive contribution than the ones your chastising them for in the first place. You can get your point across without being combative.

Now I have not insulted you, called you a name, or told you to "STFU". Hardly sounds like a grudge......! In fact Ive only posted twice about it up to this point. I will admit though that Im having a hard time understanding why someone who seems educated and is so worried about the content of others posts would post this himself "No, I don't believe you realise just how clueless you are.". What did that accomplish? Yes I am fully aware of the "other clowns" and their mindless ranting. Are you a "clown"?

Ah, but you're getting closer to name-calling now, aren't you buddy? I'd have hoped you'd taken the bait and downright called me a clown, but you're too smart for that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Seriously, I thought about making a clever come back to your post but decided not to. Part of the reason is that you, of course, are partly right. I've made some posts being ironic and sarcastic just for the hell of it, I find it hard to resist sometimes. I can't promise to stop, but I do think you're exaggerating the number of and seriousness of my so called insults...The one you quote in the above post though, well, he asked for it and I served it. Perhaps I shouldn't have.

I still disagree with you concerning a forum member's past. When you start a thread I believe it should be judged on its own merits and the wording in this thread wasn't particularly brilliant.

Oh, and the part about you holding a grudge was meant to be a joke with the underlying hope that you might lose it a little...but you seem like a good guy deepego, I'll try for everyone's sake to keep it decent, ok? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ox Se7eN xo
07-09-2007, 01:55 PM
i'm sure if i put out a thread titled "mariniuis is a ******!" it would be met with great praise

marinius
07-09-2007, 02:26 PM
i'm sure if i put out a thread titled "mariniuis is a ******!" it would be met with great praise

Oh I'm sure it would S7N. But I'll honour what I told deepego3 and so I won't stoop down to your level of discourse. Remember, keep it positive man!

simulacra
07-09-2007, 02:40 PM

Seeing the SCC ingame footage, the first thing I thought was "why the hell can't he just sneak in there at night and steal those dossiers". No need for all the crowd trouble and guard distraction, just wait till it's night and find a way in, as he did in previous Splinter Cell titles. I know that they decided that Sam had to become a fugitive, but even as a fugitive he is still a highly trained special agent and I think a special agent would do what he is best at, sneaking, in Sams case.
I don't get that, it's quite unlogical to me.
Who knows if sneaking is what sam does best http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Gears-of-Ownage
07-09-2007, 03:31 PM
quit your moaning
no http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Why isn't S7N banned for threads like these when others are banned for making threads about disliking the game? I know he has been here long but this is like the 50th thread that says:

Stop whining neh neh neh!!!1!!1

These threads get nowhere. It should be locked.

SPROGGY
07-09-2007, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by deepego3:

Ah, but you're getting closer to name-calling now, aren't you buddy? I'd have hoped you'd taken the bait and downright called me a clown, but you're too smart for that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Seriously, I thought about making a clever come back to your post but decided not to. Part of the reason is that you, of course, are partly right. I've made some posts being ironic and sarcastic just for the hell of it, I find it hard to resist sometimes. I can't promise to stop, but I do think you're exaggerating the number of and seriousness of my so called insults...The one you quote in the above post though, well, he asked for it and I served it. Perhaps I shouldn't have.

I still disagree with you concerning a forum member's past. When you start a thread I believe it should be judged on its own merits and the wording in this thread wasn't particularly brilliant.

Oh, and the part about you holding a grudge was meant to be a joke with the underlying hope that you might lose it a little...but you seem like a good guy deepego, I'll try for everyone's sake to keep it decent, ok? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

What you post is, of course, up to you. I just think the older and more intelligent members of this board would serve the forum better by posting intelligent responses and avoiding the mindless name calling that now runs so rampant. This was once a good discussion board. Im hoping it will be again one day soon. Sorry I didnt take the bait http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif !

SilentKiller210
07-09-2007, 04:53 PM
I also agree with s7n. Though the game is quite a departure from the traditional SC, I think that it will turn out to be a good game. Again, if everyone thoguht about Conviction as an entirely new series then it would recieve not nearly as much criticism as it is. At this point, most people think that the game will suck because it's such a departure from the series and so on. Personally I liked DA but still prefer CT (I didn't actually like the HQ missions much though, but the daytime levels were still fun). Keep in mind that this is being developed by Ubi Montreal, the same people that brought you CT. They haven't made a bad SC game and I think that they know exactly what they're doing. Again, I think that Conviction will turn out to be a great game on its own, although I'll wait until the reviews turn up before I buy it.

gtrlk003
07-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Yeah, plus Ubi Montreal made Free Form Fighting System before in POP2&3. that will be great if something like this will be implemented as Krav Maga (or similar) combat system in Conviction ( Fisher utilizes some KM elbow hits during demo gameplay) Can't wait to see more, can't wait for first cinematic trailer (hope there will be cinematic movies between the missions, not only based on the game engine as in almost all present games)

marinius
07-10-2007, 03:31 AM

What you post is, of course, up to you. I just think the older and more intelligent members of this board would serve the forum better by posting intelligent responses and avoiding the mindless name calling that now runs so rampant. This was once a good discussion board. Im hoping it will be again one day soon. Sorry I didnt take the bait http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif !

Like I said, I really didn't expect you to, but there's always hope...

I too remember the old days of these forums. I had another account that stopped working, so I've been here a few years longer than what it says in my current account. This used to be a place for fairly intelligent and interesting discussions about a game we all seemed to love. Sadly, that's not the case anymore. I guess it all started to disrupt building up to the release of DA, but since SCC was announced it's been taken to a whole new level. Now, I do have a few thoughts on why that is but I'm not sure it'd do any good listing them.

I quite agree that intelligent posting is much to be preferred to mindless ranting and name-calling, although I'm uncertain as to the validity of doing so against people who just want you off the boards because you disagree with them. There's always the option of just ignoring all these people, but then there wouldn't be any discussion left at all, so I guess I won't do that.

EskimoBob32
07-10-2007, 05:49 AM
I'm guessing your referring to Ubisoft's broadening target audience and therefore the new fans leaking in that lacked the patience for the original SC games? I really don't think there is much hope for intelligent conversations when there are people, from both sides of the fence, who refuse to use logic in their arguments.

marinius
07-10-2007, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by EskimoBob32:
I'm guessing your referring to Ubisoft's broadening target audience and therefore the new fans leaking in that lacked the patience for the original SC games? I really don't think there is much hope for intelligent conversations when there are people, from both sides of the fence, who refuse to use logic in their arguments.

Well, you might have guessed it Bob, but I won't say... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Yes, it is hard to argue logically with people who don't know the definition of the word.

EskimoBob32
07-10-2007, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by gtrlk003:
Yeah, plus Ubi Montreal made Free Form Fighting System before in POP2&3. that will be great if something like this will be implemented as Krav Maga (or similar) combat system in Conviction ( Fisher utilizes some KM elbow hits during demo gameplay) Can't wait to see more, can't wait for first cinematic trailer (hope there will be cinematic movies between the missions, not only based on the game engine as in almost all present games)
Because we all know that Splinter Cell is about combat and finishing moves.

This should serve as a clue to the pro-Convictioners as to the shift in audience Ubisoft is receiving due to these "revolutionary changes".

By the way, gtrlk, I am not insulting you. I am just pointing out that you prefer styles of gameplay that are not typical stealth, which seems to be pointing at a new audience.

Vth_F_Smith_
07-10-2007, 06:18 AM
Because we all know that Splinter Cell is about combat and finishing moves.

This should serve as a clue to the pro-Convictioners as to the shift in audience Ubisoft is receiving due to these "revolutionary changes". I think, he just wanted to give you an example, in order to show you how resourceful and creative the development team is, when it comes to the development of new gameplay mechanics! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

BTW: We also had close combat in Chaos Theory (Remember the "closer than ever" system?) and yet SCCT is still considered to be one of the best SC games ever (except the original of course).

In SCCT the move Sam perfomed, was depending on the direction he was facing an enemy and the pressed shoulder / mouse buttons (left = dead, right = ko). What we'll get in SCC is very similar yet much more advanced! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I think with SCCT Montreal proved, that just because of the fact that there is a close combat system in a game, it doesn't have to necessarily turn it into a beat'em up type of game.

EskimoBob32
07-10-2007, 06:21 AM
I disagree. I think he was expressing his wishes for there to be awesome combat and finishing moves in ConViction. Swords would also be cool.

gtrlk003
07-10-2007, 01:35 PM
EskimoBob32,
First: I think that guys from Ubi Montreal are able to develop something more than next stealth action game. They have proved by SC 1-3 that they are one of the best proffesionals in that kind of video games. Why can't we just let them to do something new? I don't want to play any next "expansion pack" with new levels to SC 1 with better graphic quality and some more gadgets which are not exists in a real life.
Second: I'm learning Krav Maga so I have posted my personal feelings about this... I have a right to post it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif If SC Convi. will be just another beat'em up type of game I'll don't buy it..
Third: don't you think that hiding behind the bushes and trees while you are fugitive is something stupied? There is no time to think about hiding in the shadows becouse you are on the run (Think faster, move faster...). If I will have to choose between plaing stealth "hiding behind the trees" Sam Fisher in "Conviction" and "full fugitive" Jason Bourne in "Bourne Conspiracy" this winter, I'll choose Bourne... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
PS. Swords would be really cool .... just kiddin' http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ox Se7eN xo
07-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Gears-of-Ownage:
Why isn't S7N banned for threads like these when others are banned for making threads about disliking the game? I know he has been here long but this is like the 50th thread that says:

Stop whining neh neh neh!!!1!!1

These threads get nowhere. It should be locked.

this is the first thread i've made i years mate, so i dont know what you're on about. and it started out in good faith so why should i get banned for tellin people to quit whining when there are FAR MORE offensive things going on

plus, i used to be a mod so i know what i can and cant say

and marinius, my last post actually said "mariniuis" who was a guy who used to be on here who WAS a ******

i dont think you are though, you have a good view on things, and i completely agree that this thread is pointless

killer6675351
07-10-2007, 06:15 PM
all i see on this forum is people saying how RUBBISH the game is when they havent even PLAYED it yet or seen any real in-game footage

in my opinion, Double Agent (on XBox and on XBox 360) were AMAZING games, they deviated from the stale and old classic Splinter Cell games (dont get me wrong, Splinter Cell, PT and CT are three of the greatest games ever made)

people are comparing Conviction with Assassin's Creed because of the crowd system

so what if they use the same thing? in case you hadn't realised, IT'S THE THING TO DO RIGHT NOW!!!

Kane and Lynch are using a crowd system as well, and as did the latest Hitman game.

I agree with u man from what i saw of SC:CV it will be awsome and something diferent notmaly u are the agent hunting terrorist now u are the hunted

ROLNIK
07-10-2007, 07:03 PM
People need to stop whining!
no they don't. This may (and propably will) affect UBI's decision about SC6

EskimoBob32
07-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by gtrlk003:
EskimoBob32,
First: I think that guys from Ubi Montreal are able to develop something more than next stealth action game. They have proved by SC 1-3 that they are one of the best proffesionals in that kind of video games. Why can't we just let them to do something new? I don't want to play any next "expansion pack" with new levels to SC 1 with better graphic quality and some more gadgets which are not exists in a real life.
Second: I'm learning Krav Maga so I have posted my personal feelings about this... I have a right to post it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif If SC Convi. will be just another beat'em up type of game I'll don't buy it..
Third: don't you think that hiding behind the bushes and trees while you are fugitive is something stupied? There is no time to think about hiding in the shadows becouse you are on the run (Think faster, move faster...). If I will have to choose between plaing stealth "hiding behind the trees" Sam Fisher in "Conviction" and "full fugitive" Jason Bourne in "Bourne Conspiracy" this winter, I'll choose Bourne... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
PS. Swords would be really cool .... just kiddin' http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
I am not saying you do not have the right to post this, it is good as it encourages discussion and allows me to make my point.

Also, I have stated earlier that using the "Sam's a fugitive so he can't be a spy" argument doesn't work with me; Ubi has clearly written the storyline to suit the game they want, and not the other way round. If they wanted to make classic SC in Conviction, believe me, there would be classic SC in Conviction even if 3rd Echelon was blown up by a nuke at the end of DA.

My last point, you say that SC 1-3 showed they were the best professionals in that kind of game. Now, thanks to Conviction, we'll never see that kind of game again (unless its a major flop). Instead they are completely changing the gameplay. I am condemning your liking of this gameplay style, in fact if it were made outside of the Splinter Cell franchise I would still be considering buying it. But what bothers me is that we now have no option to buy a new Splinter Cell title with classic gameplay, because they have merged there new idea into a pre-existing franchise which effectively destroys any chance of 'real' SC gameplay in a future title.

Also, it's the 'Bourne Ultimatum', the gadgets SHOULD be realistic as it is a Tom Clancy game, and I think I would cry if swords turned up in a SC game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MKCC14
07-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by jasiek.rolnik:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">People need to stop whining!
no they don't. This may (and propably will) affect UBI's decision about SC6 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sales will determine Ubi's decision on SC6. Most people that buy SC games are not on this forum.

EskimoBob32
07-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Yet this forum is likely to represent a proportional sample of SC players. If 80% of the people on this forum are males over 25, then you can bet a similar percentage of the entire fanbase will be males over 25. Standard marketing polls.

So far, around 40% of the community are unhappy enough with the new changes to not buy the game. It isn't a majority, but you don't need a majority to majorly hurt sales.

SPROGGY
07-10-2007, 08:37 PM

Ubi has clearly written the storyline to suit the game they want, and not the other way round. If they wanted to make classic SC in Conviction, believe me, there would be classic SC in Conviction.....

Ubisoft stated in a recent interview that they dev team felt like they had taken the original gameplay as far as they could right now. Mission ideas were running short and advancements in shadow gameplay werent significant enough to keep going in that direction. They also stated that a return to the original gameplay is not out of the question for future games.

EskimoBob32
07-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Yes, so I've heard. I only wish they had released this as a spin-off, or even spent more time on a shadow-style stealth game to be released next year instead of this move which has lost them significant support and potential sales.

CoastalGirl
07-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by MKCC14:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jasiek.rolnik:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">People need to stop whining!
no they don't. This may (and propably will) affect UBI's decision about SC6 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sales will determine Ubi's decision on SC6. Most people that buy SC games are not on this forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, if SCC is any indication, they're probably already working on SC6. As far as I'm concerned, the sooner Ubi gets the message, the better.

ox Se7eN xo
07-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by jasiek.rolnik:

i've been around on this forum since the first Splinter Cell and never ONCE have i seen Ubi change the game from what people put on this forum about the previous titles

people made a big point about wanting Spies vs Mercs on the XBox version of DA

they didnt get it

people made an even bigger point about the new Spies vs Mercs on XBox 360 version of DA and that they didnt like it

it didnt change

in fact, the only thing i think UBi listened to these forums about was the knife when it came in Chaos Theory, and even that took them a year to finally put it in there

BurningDeath.
07-11-2007, 03:26 PM
i've been around on this forum since the first Splinter Cell and never ONCE have i seen Ubi change the game from what people put on this forum about the previous titles

people made a big point about wanting Spies vs Mercs on the XBox version of DA

they didnt get it

people made an even bigger point about the new Spies vs Mercs on XBox 360 version of DA and that they didnt like it

it didnt change

in fact, the only thing i think UBi listened to these forums about was the knife when it came in Chaos Theory, and even that took them a year to finally put it in there
I guess you haven't been watching carefully then. You can blame Ubi for everything you want, they didn't listen often, they didn't do everything correctly, but the fact stands that they did listen at times and changed things because we wanted it.

I remember at the start of PT, in SvM, when you could SS+SC and SS+grab a merc and it was put out like two weeks after release. I remember some changes they made because of our suggestions after the SCCT-SvM-beta. I remember them putting SvM into the PC version of DA, even if it sucked, they still did it and they did it because of our actions in this forum.

So the chance is there, why shouldn't we try to do it again? However we won't see if our complaints will be listened to until SC6 will be announced, I guess.

ox Se7eN xo
07-11-2007, 03:34 PM
ah yeah i thought there was something that happened with the MP in the PC version, thanks for the reminder

and i'm not blaming Ubi for anything. i'm not one to criticise and tell people how to make a computer game the way i want it. i want Ubi to surprise me and i've never ONCE complained about a single thing they've put in all their games until AFTER i've played it and even then it's probably something stupid like "Sam's pants didn't match his shirt in the cutscene!"

and yeah, even though Ubi changed some things according to people's wants on the forum, they were minor things

i doubt Ubi Soft are going to turn around now after reading what people say and go "actually, we're not going to do the whole laptop, crowd thingy type-stealth anymore!"

BurningDeath.
07-11-2007, 03:46 PM
i doubt Ubi Soft are going to turn around now after reading what people say and go "actually, we're not going to do the whole laptop, crowd thingy type-stealth anymore!"
Of course, you are right. Actually, there is no hope that SCC will not be as seen in the trailers/videos, but we can still keep our fingers crossed for a hybrid Splinter Cell (crowd+S&L) in SC6.

EskimoBob32
07-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Of course, you are right. Actually, there is no hope that SCC will not be as seen in the trailers/videos, but we can still keep our fingers crossed for a hybrid Splinter Cell (crowd+S&L) in SC6. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Screw hybrid. I want the original http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Brownsnakeeyes
07-11-2007, 06:32 PM
ah yeah i thought there was something that happened with the MP in the PC version, thanks for the reminder

and i'm not blaming Ubi for anything. i'm not one to criticise and tell people how to make a computer game the way i want it. i want Ubi to surprise me and i've never ONCE complained about a single thing they've put in all their games until AFTER i've played it and even then it's probably something stupid like "Sam's pants didn't match his shirt in the cutscene!"

and yeah, even though Ubi changed some things according to people's wants on the forum, they were minor things

And that's probably why people aren't going to go blindly into buying Conviction. It's called giving what the buyers want.

For the life of me, I don't seem to recall anyone in these forums saying anything about changing the gameplay to be something out of AC.

I actually seem to remember alot of people complaining that DA had too many day missions and JBA.

Not to mention the stupid AI.

DeadKevin666
07-14-2007, 07:01 AM
Frankly, I'm brand new to the forum and SHOCKED to see all the negative feelings towards the new game.

I could understand the apprehension a litle bit more if Shanghai was doing this game as well, but this is MONTREAL we are talking about here.

Has everyone lost all faith in the original and Chaos Theory developer BASED on a previous game THEY DID NOT DEVELOP ?!?!?!

EskimoBob32
07-14-2007, 07:14 AM
I think you are missing people's problem with the game. Think about it - this brand new direction means that we will probably never again get a Splinter Cell game with the classic SC gameplay and feel. Most people who are upset are upset not so much with the game itself, but with the fact that the name 'Splinter Cell' is stuck on it, and the fact that the developers saw fit to change a perfectly good franchise.

LoneInTheDark
07-14-2007, 09:28 AM
I kinda have to agree with that. Instead of remaining true to the gameplay they decided to write a story. As I have said before, if all Ubi wanted was a story then they should read the books or front a movie. SCC may end up a fine game for those who want a story, but others like me want to play SC in its original form. My love for SC ended with SCCT.

EskimoBob32
07-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by LoneInTheDark:
I kinda have to agree with that. Instead of remaining true to the gameplay they decided to write a story. As I have said before, if all Ubi wanted was a story then they should read the books or front a movie. SCC may end up a fine game for those who want a story, but others like me want to play SC in its original form. My love for SC ended with SCCT. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif