PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you tried to play the game in MacBook pro?

hsinjabri
04-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Hello everyone;

I bought assassins creed yesterday, the installation was done perfectly. But the game crashes directly. I could not play the game; the game crashes when the opening video finished. Moreover the game appears in small window not in full screen mode. I have macbook pro, I am using windows vista through boot-camp. my mac spec is 2.4ghz, 3gb ram & 8600 256mb nvidia

I have tons of games and all are working perfectly expect this one. Is there any typical problem with the game
could anyone help me to solve this issue

dacoolstas
04-24-2008, 02:27 PM
is your proccessor a duel core?

caswallawn_2k7
04-24-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm assuming since your using bootcamp to get wondows on it you have a pentium cpu but what modle is it? Pentium 4D, core 2 duo or one of the others.

hsinjabri
04-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by dacoolstas:
is your proccessor a duel core?

yes it is

hsinjabri
04-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
I'm assuming since your using bootcamp to get wondows on it you have a pentium cpu but what modle is it? Pentium 4D, core 2 duo or one of the others.

the model of cpu is intel core2duo t7700. but why do you ask about the cpu model?

caswallawn_2k7
04-24-2008, 02:48 PM
I only asked as it confirms it will work with the game. all I can suggest is get the latest drive available for your graphics card (not beta) and see if it still crashes you most likly have the DX10.1 eror some people are geting with the geforce 8's but the patch that is due out soon. other than that if you havnt already I would get vista service pack 1 as it has a update to DX10 in it aswell as sevral old fixes that nvidia said use with their cards.

hsinjabri
04-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
I only asked as it confirms it will work with the game. all I can suggest is get the latest drive available for your graphics card (not beta) and see if it still crashes you most likly have the DX10.1 eror some people are geting with the geforce 8's but the patch that is due out soon. other than that if you havnt already I would get vista service pack 1 as it has a update to DX10 in it aswell as sevral old fixes that nvidia said use with their cards.

Thank you for your suggestion; I will try to do it now.

hsinjabri
04-25-2008, 07:11 AM
I successfully installed window vista sp1, but the game still not working at all. I reinstalled the game, but the problem still existed. any other opinion?

BTOG46
04-25-2008, 07:29 AM
You're probably having the same problems as Windows users with Laptops, the video drivers for the Geforce 8600M aren't as up to date as the desktop ones.
I don't know if modified drivers that some sites offer for laptops will work on a MacBook, but it might be worth looking around to see if there are any that will.

caswallawn_2k7
04-25-2008, 09:24 AM
@BTOG: if that site you normaly post is one way for every type of laptop it should work on the mac book as they run normal PC hardware now and that is why you are now able to fully use windows instead of using emulation like the old mac's.

BTOG46
04-25-2008, 09:42 AM
In that case, a visit to laptopvideo2go (http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9243) might be the answer.