PDA

View Full Version : Is this a bug?? Or is something wrong with my game?

lucas_valentine
06-17-2005, 03:50 AM
After flying about in the Spitfire Vc for a bit, something seemed wrong to me...I couldn't put my finger on it. Then I realized that there is no spinning propeller or nose from inside the cockpit!...I've looked about on the forums a bit and no-one seems to have reported this as a bug yet, so either no-one has noticed or this is a bug specific to my game. I would guess it's probably not specific to my machine because it occurs in both my IL2/AEP/PF and my PF Standalone installs. If someone else has noticed this could you let me know, or if your Spitfire Vc does have the above, then let me know. If it is a bug then maybe someone could report it to the appropriate person.

Cheers all.

HoneySeeker
06-17-2005, 04:57 AM
The invisible propellor may be a bug, or it may be a graphics driver issue - but since it seems to be common across different cards and drivers, a bug seems more likely. The disappeaing nose cowling seems to be the same issue as when the Mk VIII came out - the internal-view cockpit is positioned far too high relative to the rest of the plane.

It's been mentioned more than once, here and elsewhere.

lucas_valentine
06-17-2005, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by HoneySeeker:
The invisible propellor may be a bug, or it may be a graphics driver issue - but since it seems to be common across different cards and drivers, a bug seems more likely. The disappeaing nose cowling seems to be the same issue as when the Mk VIII came out - the internal-view cockpit is positioned far too high relative to the rest of the plane.

It's been mentioned more than once, here and elsewhere.

The lack of nose is nothing to do with position as the cockpit is virtually identical to all the other spits, and in those you can see the nose fine.....Its more that the nose just isn't there.

HoneySeeker
06-20-2005, 03:24 AM
The *model* is; however, take a look in normal view out of the side of the cockpit. In a Vb or IXc, the whole cannon barrel is clearly visible. In the Vc, the inner pair of cannon are obsured by the edge of the 'pit, while the outer pair are only partly visible. The implication? That, from the inside, the cockpit of the Vc is located 6" to 1' too high within the airplane model.

Bearcat99
06-20-2005, 03:05 PM
I think it is a driver issue. I corrected my graphics glitches from the missing props on the spits to the transparent panels on P-47s and 51s to tjhe missing engine in the P-47 by rolling back my drivers to 67.xx

SlickStick
06-20-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Bearcat99:
I think it is a driver issue. I corrected my graphics glitches from the missing props on the spits to the transparent panels on P-47s and 51s to tjhe missing engine in the P-47 by rolling back my drivers to 67.xx

Bearcat, do you know which drivers, both NVIDIA and ATI, are the latest 1C-recommended drivers? No new information in the ReadMe.

I'm running 66.93s and my Spit Vc prop disappears as soon as I swing the view to behind the plane. It comes back as I swing the view just past the nose. The prop does appear from behind when I stop the engine.

It would be nice to get a statement from 1C on the graphics bugs we are seeing, as well as the LOD issues that seem to prevail. At least acknowledging what driver version they recommend and if what we are seeing is a valid bug or is all of it related to driver issues?!? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gifâ

sledgehammer2
06-20-2005, 06:01 PM
I am having the same prob... brand new ATI X800XT with the latest cats. My gut feeling is that it is a bug and not a driver issue. I really hope it gets corrected soon because these are both great looking planes but I don't have much interest in them with this anomaly.

FoolTrottel
06-20-2005, 06:07 PM
Same here.
ATI 5.6, 9800Pro.

SlickStick
06-21-2005, 09:08 AM
It would seem to me that there are far too many reports of the exact same graphics issues across various ATI and NVIDIA cards and drivers.

Bearcat, which drivers are you running now? You typed 67.xx above, but I just want to be sure I'm reading correctly. Also, are you saying that your Spitfire Vc prop is visible from external rear view with engine running now and that the drivers you installed fixed it?

VW-IceFire
06-21-2005, 10:30 AM
I've got it on ATI...some guys have it on nVidia...hard to be a driver issue. We had the same problem with the Spitfire VIII when PF came out.

TacticalYak3
06-21-2005, 10:48 AM
With no prop at least she should be good on gas folks. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Sounds like a game issue. Must look but I think the prop shows up in my game.

Qbeesh800
06-21-2005, 01:33 PM
It's like lack of water reflections for type XX and II in SH3. Completely incomprehensible.