PDA

View Full Version : Need help with new patch...please

blackpulpit1970
05-10-2006, 06:47 PM
I downloaded and paid for the new patch but boonty box started the download in french and i could not for the life of me stop it orput it in english( i dont read french at all ). So now every part of the installation was in a language i cant read. I have the logo on my desktop and when i double click it it does nothing and i am stuck not nowing what to do at all, i have paid for it and cant do a thing. Could someone maybe walk me thru how to fix it and get it running please, before i go nuts.

blackpulpit1970
05-10-2006, 06:47 PM
I downloaded and paid for the new patch but boonty box started the download in french and i could not for the life of me stop it orput it in english( i dont read french at all ). So now every part of the installation was in a language i cant read. I have the logo on my desktop and when i double click it it does nothing and i am stuck not nowing what to do at all, i have paid for it and cant do a thing. Could someone maybe walk me thru how to fix it and get it running please, before i go nuts.

JV44_Wubke
05-10-2006, 07:22 PM
I got mine to go into english after selecting it in the preferences, then shutting it down and restarting it. After that I cant help you though cause even in english I cant get it to work at all...this sucks

blackpulpit1970
05-10-2006, 07:29 PM
I cant get it to go into english at all, i cant figure this out at all. I need serious baby steps thru this stuff.

JV44_Wubke
05-10-2006, 07:40 PM
when you have boonty box up click on preferences on left side. that will bring up the menue where you can select english

Takata_
05-10-2006, 09:50 PM
I posted this post in SimHQ about this issue. Some tried and it fixed it:

It's look like a new issue with the downloader: when you download the file called: "boontybox_Ubisoft_{1973}.exe", it bypass now the language selection and use the default language (French) to auto-download the Pe-2 add-on.

There is a way to turnaround this problem but it needs to uninstall and clean the "boontybox" stuff from your computer at first.

In short:
1. uninstall "boontybox"
2. clean your registry from "boonty" (using regedit, then find "boonty", and delete all the keys related)
3. once everything is clean, launch again "boontybox_Ubisoft_{1973}.exe", the EULA text is in French, but don't bother, accept it.
4. uncheck everything during the install process, Pay attention to the last screen, uncheck "lancer boontybox" (launch boontybox) before hitting "terminer" (finnish).
5. Boontybox is installed now, but you have to change the default language in registry. Go to start menu, run "regedit".
6. find the key below: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Boonty\BoontyBox\Langu ages
7. in right panel, change (double-click) the first "ab" box (default = fr), change with "default = en" and close regedit.
8. Go to start menu> program> boontygames> lancer boontybox (launch boontybox)
9. now, all the following steps will be in English, including the Pe-2 download and installation process.

S~
Takata.