PDA

View Full Version : Getting a new video card

acg1111
12-24-2007, 01:32 PM
I'm going to build a new PC and have a question on a video card. Currently I have a GeForce 5200 FX 128 MB ram PCI, and it works decent in Uru, it's a little slow, but I'm not real fussy. I'm currently having some motherboard problems so I'm going to get a new MB/CPU and up grade to DDR2 RAM and pci express video. I am by no means building a gaming PC and Uru is the only game we have so I don't want a high end video card just one that will work with Uru.

The cards I've been looking at have the GeForce 6200LE TC chip set with 256 MB RAM, pci express x16. Will this chipset work in Uru/The Path of the Shell?

I can't find an updated system requirements for Uru, the newest is from '03.

Thanks
-Andrew

Heimdall_G
12-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Welcome to the Forums!

The GeForce 6200LE TC should work with Uru and The Path of the Shell. Since each motherboard is different, I can't say absolutely that this video card will work, but the chances are very good.

Be aware that the "TC" in GeForce 6200LE TC is the acronym for NVIDIA's TurboCache technology (http://www.nvidia.com/page/turbocache.html). This means that the video card shares system memory (RAM) with the operating system, so that the full amount of RAM is not available to the OS. This is an important point, especially if you're going with Vista, which can be a memory hog. If so, I'd recommend that you get at least 2 GB of RAM.

acg1111
12-26-2007, 05:34 AM
Heimdall, thanks for the reply.

I'm aware that has TubroCache, I will be getting 2GB of RAM and I won't be running Vista, I will be using XP.

Thanks
-Andrew