PDA

View Full Version : Major problem with radar

Nukem_Hicks
04-19-2005, 05:46 AM
It's February '42 and I just purchased my first radar set and, quite frankly, haven't been too impressed. I would point it at a visual contact and nothing would show up half of the time. I'll attribute that to new technology.

The problem with my radar set, however, is that I cannot turn it off. It refuses to do so. I'll order the radioman to turn it off and he'll do so...for a few seconds. Then he'll turn it back on. I'll turn it off manually and when I come back, once again, it's back on. It's still early enough in the war that I don't need to submerge constantly so that's not an option either.

So what's the problem? Well, as you WWII buffs out there know, constantly using one's radar set is like sticking a homing beacon on your ship. The entire USN and RN know your location. For the first time in the game I was unable to contact any convoys on the Northern Approaches to the UK, despite remaining there for a month. I have a bad feeling that my radar signal was scaring them all off. This war could get pretty deadly pretty soon if I can't figure out how to turn my radar set off. Any ideas?

Jex_TG
04-19-2005, 06:11 AM
have you tried half rations? If that doesn't get them to do as you tell them, try keel hauling them 150m below!

ZG10_Oiink
04-19-2005, 06:16 AM
Got the same prob, but i just remove the radio operator when i doent want to use radar, deffently not a good solution, but it works

vodkavera
04-19-2005, 06:29 AM
I did have that problem, but nor anymore.
Don´t know what I did, but if I tell my radioman to shut it down, he shuts it down and he doesn´t start it again until I tell him to.

One ideea can be to tell him to make "one" sweep, after that he should turn it off.

When you start a saved game you have to tell him to shut it off aswell.

Hope this will work for you!

alphaBeta
04-19-2005, 09:07 AM
I think they need to disable the officers doing some tasks automatically. If I want the radar on, I'll tell him to turn it on. If I want to charge the batteries, I'll order it. Stop switching to recharge mode automatically.

If I forget to charge the batteries, it's my own fault and I'll learn the hard way.

quillan
04-19-2005, 09:18 AM
Like vodka, I used to have that problem but not anymore. The radar IS on by default when I first start the patrol or load a save, but if I turn it off, it seems to stay off now. I don't know if it was a bug that fixed itself, was just a buggy display, or if one of the mod files caused the fix or the problem.