PDA

View Full Version : Too bad, possible bug diverted to GD

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 12:20 AM
Discussion of a possible bug in the patch related to bombing of ships was deemed inappropriate for ORR and sent to the General Discussion forum. In all fairness to EuroSnoopy, he may not have taken the original post to be from a "bug report" angle. However, replies to the post in DF give me to believe there may be a bonafide bug related to ship/bomb damage that is not adequately addressed in the 1.1b patch. Using the bug report form supplied with patch is somewhat cumbersome and I choose not to save track files of missions associated with the problem...I thought that was the purpose of ORR, to discuss issues related to the sim. I am given to understand the C:Maddox team and Ubi read the ORR posts. If that's true, they should be able to glean the information from the many posts. I would be happy to supply them with the co-op mission that demonstrates the issue. I still wish Oleg would reinstate the ability to padlock ships, just as you can any other surface object like a tank or truck. This feature once existed in IL-2 until one of the numerous patches removed the capability. It hasn't been seen since.

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 12:20 AM
Discussion of a possible bug in the patch related to bombing of ships was deemed inappropriate for ORR and sent to the General Discussion forum. In all fairness to EuroSnoopy, he may not have taken the original post to be from a "bug report" angle. However, replies to the post in DF give me to believe there may be a bonafide bug related to ship/bomb damage that is not adequately addressed in the 1.1b patch. Using the bug report form supplied with patch is somewhat cumbersome and I choose not to save track files of missions associated with the problem...I thought that was the purpose of ORR, to discuss issues related to the sim. I am given to understand the C:Maddox team and Ubi read the ORR posts. If that's true, they should be able to glean the information from the many posts. I would be happy to supply them with the co-op mission that demonstrates the issue. I still wish Oleg would reinstate the ability to padlock ships, just as you can any other surface object like a tank or truck. This feature once existed in IL-2 until one of the numerous patches removed the capability. It hasn't been seen since.

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 01:20 AM
I agree I posted one about the fact you cannot host on ubicom and was told it was not for here..

But the UBI unHELPful site tells you it is a fault of the patch, so who do you believe? myself i would go for UBI and as they say it is the patch and not their software then this IS the place as this IS the place to report PATCH BUGS

Hunter82
08-22-2003, 02:55 AM
This isn't the place to report patch bugs...this is

Important notes on bugfixes

Patch files are provided as the final version of 1.1b; however, limited options are reserved for open beta. If you experience serious troubles playing this version, please send bug reports to il2beta@1c.ru and we'll do our best to correct these with the next patch or add-on.

When making such a report, please fill out the attached form and send it via e-mail.

!!Note that no wish lists, suggestions or FM speculations are accepted via that address, you should discuss these in the official UBI.com forum instead!!

Bug Reporting

Bug Reporting enables you to get across information about irregularities, problems, bugs and other defects in FB version 1.1b directly to 1C:Maddox Games via e-mail (special mailbox il2beta@1c.ru is issued to collect your information). You can also use the Bug Report to give us feedback on certain issues.
Before sending us a report, please convert TGA files to JPG, and zip large files.

Bug report form
1. Version Number
2. Computer (complete info. including versions and type of video/sound drivers and type of online connection)
3. Bug/Defect Description (short, including description for each screenshot or track, if is)
4. Describe steps to reproduce the bug (detailed)
6. File Attachment (Screenshots, tracks or logfiles)

distinct difference between bug and wish list /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<center><FONT COLOR="white">[/i]</FONT>
<center><FONT COLOR="white">Hunter82 wrote:
"I did not have technical relations with that question"
[/i]</FONT>
<center> Mudmovers (http://www.mudmovers.com/) </center>

Message Edited on 08/21/0309:56PM by Hunter82

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 11:19 AM
Hunter82 wrote:
- This isn't the place to report patch bugs...this is
-
- Important notes on bugfixes

Okay, but sometimes it's advisable to compare "notes" (experiences) with other pilots in order to decide if the issue is isolated or more pervasive. The intent of the post was to see if others had noticed the same problem. It can't really be considered a bonfide bug if I'm the only person to experience it. If it is evident that the problem is pervasive, then a bug report via email would be warranted. I see many posts in ORR that seem to follow that process.

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 07:02 PM
I don't see too clear what is the purpose of this forum.

If we whine, we're sent to GD.

If we report a bug, we are instated to fill one of those unpleasant e-mails with lots of data they should be gathering yet. It feels just like they just don't want to check it themselves.

If we make a joke, we're sent to GD, 'cause this is a very serious forum, I still don't know why.

All suggestions are ignored, all info is passed by, all opinions are irrelevant, and all complains are disturbing.

There's no one here from the team to give you any clue about what they think or do, just the moderator to lock your thread every night. It's Oleg's Ready Room, but there's no Oleg, we don't know what's ready, and there's no room for us. Just for people saying: "Oleg, please, this..." and "Oleg, please, that...". And nothing just to ease the created expectations.

The only thing I know about the "mystery crew" is that one of them is going to lock this thread, just because there's someone here criticising instead of writing in a constructive-but-ignored argumentation about some plane FM.

Let's realize. They're just tired about all this, and want it to get cooler before going on to another project and let all of us freeze.

I don't know if this is true, but everytime I post something about gameplay or the game itself I feel like crying in the desert. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

- Dux Corvan -

<center>http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/images/mash_hawkeye.jpg (http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/)</center>