PDA

View Full Version : IL2 view won't stay centered [non trackir user]

EvilJoven
01-01-2009, 11:58 AM
I just purchased IL2 1946. I entered a quick flight to just mess around a bit.

As soon as I start the game I'm looking over my right shoulder. Using the hat switches on my stick or the mouse to look around works but after I stop looking around for a second or so it goes back to looking over my shoulder.

Any idea how to fix this?

FoolTrottel
01-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Welcome here !

Could be caused by some head tracking software / driver loaded.

Also, check conf.ini, TrackIRUse should be set to =0

x6BL_Brando
01-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Two things occur to me. Possibly you are using Pan-view, and/or you have the Pan-view key set to another external use. The default view toggle is F9. Try hitting F9 when this problem occurs.

B

Choctaw111
01-01-2009, 11:49 PM
But he's starting the game looking over the right shoulder. Bad hat switch maybe? If it is a bad switch, you can check this. Go to the Windows Control Panel and then to Game Controllers. Click on the controller you are using and all the buttons and axis should be displayed. If you have a bad hat switch you will see it as going back to the right every time you take your finger off the hat switch. If this is the case, reassign your forward view to hat switch right, left to up, right to down, etc. This will be very confusing, but it's either that or fix the switch if it's not working right.

Bonxa82
01-09-2009, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the help guys! I had the same problem and it was the trackIR=1 thingy that solved it for me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-HH-Quazi
01-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Press F9 and then try looking around. It should snap back to a centered view.