PDA

View Full Version : Horse Waggons

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 08:20 AM
Horse Wagons were often used, when there just were not enough trucks to move troops and supplies

These could be added to FB to make it more realistic.

------------------------------------
In case of Emeregency press Esc and Quit game.

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 08:20 AM
Horse Wagons were often used, when there just were not enough trucks to move troops and supplies

These could be added to FB to make it more realistic.

------------------------------------
In case of Emeregency press Esc and Quit game.

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 08:27 AM
i think a bunch of new scenery, cliffs, buildings, ground crews working on planes in open hangers, and many other items would be nice, sandbags around the aa with 2 troops and some more eyecandy

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4jz7i/ls.gif

Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 08:31 AM
LeadSpitter missed a great opportunity::
-- ground crews working on planes in open hangers,

And yet the pacified masses never whines for modelling ground crew re~fuel and re~arming. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 08:41 AM
Just look at the animation of current vehicles....a horse waggon in motion would look probably like Santa Claus zooming with his reindeer powered dragster in slowmo.

============================
When it comes to testing new aircraft or determining maximum performance, pilots like to talk about "pushing the envelope." They're talking about a two dimensional model: the bottom is zero altitude, the ground; the left is zero speed; the top is max altitude; and the right, maximum velocity, of course. So, the pilots are pushing that upper-right-hand corner of the envelope. What everybody tries not to dwell on is that that's where the postage gets canceled, too.

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 07:49 PM
It has to do with the game's violence rating as well. Shooting animals would cause a rating of 18 perhaps? Or M for Mature?

I think that's why there's not much actual 'gore' coded in the game right now.

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 08:11 PM
I think ratings are ridicolous. AS long as it's a sim and the gore is realistic it ought ot be there, or at least as an option. I hope they release a gore-pack add on. Heck, release it as a sepearate purchase, (real cheap), and make it the M rating so the kiddies can avoid seeing reality.
Has anyone every look any of those PS2 or other console fighting games? They have fight games where they mutilate each other in obvious extreme and unreal manners. That's ok for kids I guess. To see what really happens in a war would be bad for kids I guess. The world is upside down.

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 10:22 PM
Salute

This is a good suggestion.

However, Oleg has said he will not be adding extra ground units.

Here is a list of what is really needed and is missing from the ground game:

1) 10 man Squad of Soldiers moving in open, either in Combat formation, or March Formation. (This would be toughie, since it would eat up lots of computing power)

2) Static Machine Gun Teams (preferably in trench)

4) Static Mortar Teams (again, preferably in gunpit)

5) Lendlease M3 Halftracks for Soviets

6) Armoured Car for Germans

7) Bunkers for all heavy weapons and infantry. Ie. ability to place AT Guns and Field Artillery pieces in Bunkers, as well as Machine Gun Teams.

With these elements, then a proper ground war to go with the Air war could be created. For example, RAF74 is working on SCORCHED EARTH, and the lack of these elements inhibits the creation of complete Combat enviroment.

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 05:44 AM
I bet no people or animals to not PO certain segments of the public. There are people who would rather you represented shooting people than horses, I even know one.

I do agree that troops would be awesome. EAW had the little men who generally ran from vehicles as you came in to strafe. But EAW had very limited vehicles at any one time. The AA was at least not radar-robo-laser-zombie fast and accurate at least, much more believable (how many rounds to down one plane? 10,000? Not in FB!).

Who did EAW for Microprose? Was it Wayward that later did B17-II?

Neal

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 09:43 PM
KDiggity8 wrote:
- It has to do with the game's violence rating as
- well. Shooting animals would cause a rating of 18
- perhaps? Or M for Mature?

Odd as it seems, that could cause 1C:Maddox and UbiSoft all manner of trouble.

This was discussed some months back and I think the consensus was that the wagons would be destroyed but the indestructible horses would run to the nearest woods and disappear. There would be no mention of the horses being indestructible, however, so the blood-thirsty types who insisted on trying to shoot the horses would wreck their aircraft while attempting to strafe them.

<center>
http://members.verizon.net/~vze2cb22/KosSig.gif

America: #1 military...#15 in literacy...
Because right wingers run our military
and leftists run our schools!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </center>