PDA

View Full Version : Respawning enemies ?

scoobidoo147
12-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi!

I don't have the game yet and I'd like to ask about a technical detail before purchasing.

Is it possible to clear a map of enemies in single player?

Asked in another way, if you start a map in area A, and then proceed to area B, and then to area C, and then to area D, killing all enemies on your path, will you face all these same enemies again if you come back to area A (that is, the NPCs respawn), or will you find the whole map totally depleted of enemies (that is, no NPC respawning).

I ask this question because this game is based on the Far Cry 2 engine, and it is well known that Far Cry 2 was totally flawed with its over the top NPC respawning.

Thanks for your time.

Chibi_Chaingun
12-11-2009, 12:23 PM
I have wondered that too, but couldn't really tell. It gives the illusion the Na'vi were always walking around randomly, except for some areas where they were basically guarding the place.

I'm pretty sure the Viper Wolves respawn though...

I will have to play around with it soon when I'm not busy at work.

CheezeThief
12-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Enemies respawn depending on your distance to their spawn point, but as BlackSharkfr it's only the cannon fodder that respawns and not the plot enemies, who sadly are the ones you want to kill over and over to make a point.

Its possible to spawn an enemy and blow it up with a grenade launcher or something, take a step back and the next step forward will respawn it. You can see this in the Demo version, with the 2 Na'vi archers at the end, just before the bridge.

There are also places like in the 2nd RDA level where if you try and attack a Na'vi village on your own it drowns you in enemies from all angels till you get the heck out of there. Where as if you attack a village with some RDA support then you will exterminate the lot of them and they won't come back.

General_Lekauf
12-15-2009, 03:12 PM
where can i get a demo i wanna make sure i like the game before i get it