PDA

View Full Version : More like Hitman?

RedVodka
08-11-2007, 09:28 AM
I'm sure there's going to be times when you get to hide in the shadows and grab people from behind, etc. But from what I've seen the game looks more like Hitman... which is a bad thing, not because I don't like Hitman, but because I play Splintercell to play... Splintercell.

I think it's like Bloodmoney, except you can sneak around more easily, with the option of shadows and gadgets, etc. But that they're going to force you to be in the crowd situations, and more of the Hitman style gameplay =/
===============================
I really liked Splintercell because unlike Metal Gear Solid (Which I really didn't get into...) it was more fluid and felt more real to me, unlike the camoflauge (sp) and whatnot. Also unlike Hitman, it wasn't based on a certain story strategy, and events. It was based more on raw actions and it felt more like I can be sucessful with my skills and not with a strategy guide.
============================
I really hope that I'm wrong about Convictions, and I'll still probably buy the game just in case, but I really hope that it's not going to be a Hitman styled game.

aniket_nayak
08-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Camouflage is more real than shadow stealth bob.

Knot3D
08-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by aniket_nayak:
Camouflage is more real than shadow stealth bob.

Word. Metal Gear Solid 4 Octocamo suit FTW ! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

CoastalGirl
08-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by RedVodka:
I'm sure there's going to be times when you get to hide in the shadows and grab people from behind, etc.

Don't be so sure. Ubi hasn't said so, and if it was in the game, and they were smart, they would.

BurningDeath.
08-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by RedVodka:
I'm sure there's going to be times when you get to hide in the shadows and grab people from behind, etc.
Nope - there won't - that got stated by Ubi a long time ago!

osborne10
08-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Camouflage is more real than shadow stealth bob. i think he meant like in mgs where you lay on the ground,then your suit changes colors ,but yeh real camo is more realistic,(i guess that is what knot3d is talking about)

aniket_nayak
08-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Ubisoft could put shadow stealth in areas which were dark enough to actually mask someones presence. The whole map shouldn't be 90% darkness and 10% lights. My whole problem with SC is how they have overused the shadow stealth concept to unbelievable extremes where as they could have used it more realistically. And shadow stealth should provide cover only from a distance. Guards close to you should be able to see you without a problem.

While trying to camouflage in the environment, you have to be perfectly still otherwise you would easily be spotted. Same goes with shadow stealth. After all shadow stealth is basically camouflaging in darkness. So to make it work you have to stay absolutely put. I know, games should only be an approximation of real-life. But the way they have implemented shadow stealth, its not an approximation. Its just wrong.

i think he meant like in mgs where you lay on the ground,then your suit changes colors ,but yeh real camo is more realistic

Yea, you are right. Suit changing color is stupid.

psyichic
08-11-2007, 10:46 AM
If you played Splinter Cell games at higher difficulty levels you might notice that people could see Sam much much more easily then on regular difficulty.

aniket_nayak
08-11-2007, 10:48 AM
I have won CT on expert difficulty with 100% ratings on all but Bathhouse, but as long as your stealth meter was zero, no one could see you. And that was the case most of the time.

psyichic
08-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Guessing you never played the original SC then? In CT it was very easy to be covered in shadows. Ever since the original Splinter Cell it got progressively easier to be covered. CT was nice because it incorporated some really great new elements but for challenge nothing matches the original in my mind.

BurningDeath.
08-11-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by psyichic:
Guessing you never played the original SC then? In CT it was very easy to be covered in shadows. Ever since the original Splinter Cell it got progressively easier to be covered. CT was nice because it incorporated some really great new elements but for challenge nothing matches the original in my mind.
Yup - same goes for me! Just finished it yet again about 2 months ago and I was yet again astonished by its quality!

Knot3D
08-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by osborne10:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aniket_nayak:
Camouflage is more real than shadow stealth bob. i think he meant like in mgs where you lay on the ground,then your suit changes colors ,but yeh real camo is more realistic,(i guess that is what knot3d is talking about) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

L & S gameplay is sooo stoopid that it sold millions, Hitman's disguises are so foolproof it's idiotic and MGS4's Octocamo is so ******ed that Hideo Kojima will remain a gaming God http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

aniket_nayak
08-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Knot3D:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by osborne10:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aniket_nayak:
Camouflage is more real than shadow stealth bob. i think he meant like in mgs where you lay on the ground,then your suit changes colors ,but yeh real camo is more realistic,(i guess that is what knot3d is talking about) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

L & S gameplay is sooo stoopid that it sold millions, Hitman's disguises are so foolproof it's idiotic and MGS4's Octocamo is so ******ed that Hideo Kojima will remain a gaming God http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You obviously didn't get my point. I was trying to point out how SC could have been made more realistic and also how a variety of stealth concepts would be better than just one. But from experience I have seen its no point arguing with you guys. I'm just wasting my time here.

Knot3D
08-11-2007, 12:11 PM
From the original Metal Gear up to MGS2 , the series basically relies on staying out of line of sight. Heck, even in MGS2, enemies will still be oblivious to the sounds of running footsteps.

Yet... the game is nailshard on Extreme and every MGS fan still loves MGS.

"We guys" just see game mechanisms for what they are and we love them for the way they work. Same holds for SC. The original SC1 is imo still the best. More true reallife realism kicks the fun out of games.

... and yes, after you insulted our well thought out arguments time after time... it won't make your communication with us easier.

MKCC14
08-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by psyichic:
Great game of course, but was too predictable if you played it over and over again. It was the hardest at first, but once you knew what to do and go, you know exactly what to do no matter what difficulty.

I had to get used to the aiming.

aniket_nayak
08-11-2007, 12:26 PM
More true reallife realism kicks the fun out of games.

Depends on the type of game. In games like UT, i wouldnt want to see realism. Neither do I want to see extreme realism in games like GTA. But in a Tom Clancy game, I would prefer it to be as realistic as possible.

Knot3D
08-11-2007, 12:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">More true reallife realism kicks the fun out of games.

Depends on the type of game. In games like UT, i wouldnt want to see realism. Neither do I want to see extreme realism in games like GTA. But in a Tom Clancy game, I would prefer it to be as realistic as possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Why is that so important to you in regards to Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, if you say (in previous posts) that the storylines of SC1,2 and 3 sucked ? I play videogames for immersion, not realism. The illusion of realism is the goal, not realism itself ; same as money isn't the goal in the real world ; it's just a means to a goal.

aniket_nayak
08-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Why is that so important to you in regards to Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, if you say (in previous posts) that the storylines of SC1,2 and 3 sucked ?

Storyline and gameplay are 2 different issues here. I want the gameplay to be realistic (because its a Tom Clancy game) and the story to be interesting (even though its a Tom Clancy game).

osborne10
08-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Knot3D:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by osborne10:

L & S gameplay is sooo stoopid that it sold millions, Hitman's disguises are so foolproof it's idiotic and MGS4's Octocamo is so ******ed that Hideo Kojima will remain a gaming God http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>didn't say that it was ******ed i just said it wasn't realistic.compared to the camo we have today.and hitman,even though i said nothing about it,in my opinion it seems realistic.disguises is one of the many ways to go unnoticed(stealth).and i never said mgs wasn't a good game.and the camo would be realistic if we had it.in terms of being seen and etc.....and for light and shadows it is realistic to a point. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

EskimoBob32
08-12-2007, 04:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why is that so important to you in regards to Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, if you say (in previous posts) that the storylines of SC1,2 and 3 sucked ?

Storyline and gameplay are 2 different issues here. I want the gameplay to be realistic (because its a Tom Clancy game) and the story to be interesting (even though its a Tom Clancy game). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You sound like a kid who wants the toy from a Happy Meal but doesn't like Maccas. You seem to think that Ubi should pick and choose elements of the game to be realistic to suit your standards; don't bother with the story because anything too complex doesn't interest you, but bother with gameplay because you don't like L&S.

Knot3D
08-12-2007, 05:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knot3D:

L & S gameplay is sooo stoopid that it sold millions, Hitman's disguises are so foolproof it's idiotic and MGS4's Octocamo is so ******ed that Hideo Kojima will remain a gaming God http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>didn't say that it was ******ed i just said it wasn't realistic.compared to the camo we have today.and hitman,even though i said nothing about it,in my opinion it seems realistic.disguises is one of the many ways to go unnoticed(stealth).and i never said mgs wasn't a good game.and the camo would be realistic if we had it.in terms of being seen and etc.....and for light and shadows it is realistic to a point. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was merely talking to aniket http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

aniket_nayak
08-12-2007, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by EskimoBob32:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why is that so important to you in regards to Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, if you say (in previous posts) that the storylines of SC1,2 and 3 sucked ?

Storyline and gameplay are 2 different issues here. I want the gameplay to be realistic (because its a Tom Clancy game) and the story to be interesting (even though its a Tom Clancy game). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You sound like a kid who wants the toy from a Happy Meal but doesn't like Maccas. You seem to think that Ubi should pick and choose elements of the game to be realistic to suit your standards; don't bother with the story because anything too complex doesn't interest you, but bother with gameplay because you don't like L&S. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno how you guys found the story of any of the previous SCs interesting. Maybe you are just talking trash so as to look better in an argument. Why don't you look around in other forums. You will know that nearly everyone considers storyline the weak point of the SC series.

And you probably can fool yourself into believing that staying in shadows makes you invisible. But I can't. There are so many ways to be stealthy, why should a stealth game focus on only ONE stealth mechanic for more than 4 games?

Knot3D
08-12-2007, 02:35 PM
I dunno how you guys found the story of any of the previous SCs interesting.

if you actually took effort to try to understand the SC1 story and it's data sticks, you'll see so much funny and good comments on political situations.

Anyway, if a strong & deep story line is your thing plus a varied way of stealth, then Metal Gear Solid 4 should be your Holy grail, and you know it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

aniket_nayak
08-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Sorry bob, don't own a playstation and don't plan to get one either http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

But I guess I wont have to get one as SCC is offering exactly that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BurningDeath.
08-12-2007, 03:22 PM
But I guess I wont have to get one as SCC is offering exactly that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Err .. what? You just said that Ubi was never good at making up storylines and now you expect a strong and deep storyline in SCC? bleh...

aniket_nayak
08-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Its not that they aren't good at making up storylines. They never bothered to come up with a decent one in the SC games. The stoyline in POP kicked *** and it was made by Ubi.

BurningDeath.
08-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Its not that they aren't good at making up storylines. They never bothered to come up with a decent one in the SC games. The stoyline in POP kicked *** and it was made by Ubi.
Yeah - now I'm really gonna believe that statement without any back-ups or arguments .. riiight!
If I was like you I'd just say "the story in POP was TEH SUCK, but the one in SC1 kicked ***."

I liked SC1's story not only because there were at least some kind of political interferences involved but because you could also gain a lot of background infos as funny comments about the events from the data-sticks. It was always an attachment to the first class gameplay, but still it made sense to me and explained why Fisher was doing his job. You turn!

aniket_nayak
08-12-2007, 03:48 PM
What? Didn't Ubi come up with a brilliant storyline for the POP series. The point is they can make a good storyline if they want to. Its just that they never bothered to put them in any Tom Clancy game. In SCC its one of the things they are aiming for.

Whatever dude, I couldn't care less if you understood or not.

BurningDeath.
08-12-2007, 03:49 PM
What? Didn't Ubi come up with a brilliant storyline for the POP series. The point is they can make a good storyline if they want to. Its just that they never bothered to put them in any Tom Clancy game. In SCC its one of the things they are aiming for.

Edited above - I didn't play POP - how would I know?

aniket_nayak
08-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Why dont you try it. Then we'll see you say "the story in POP was TEH SUCK, but the one in SC1 kicked ***."

RedVodka
08-12-2007, 06:18 PM
By "Realistic" I should of said "Feels like it's real". Why? Because I think realism or at least dressing something up as realistic helps in suspense of disbelief.

But, aside from suspension of disbelief (Or maybe not... if you keep reading), it just takes away from the gameplay when I was playing MGS when I'll lie down in plain sight, and then go to the menu and change comoflauge.

Hitman's changing outfit didn't bother me, and I guess that points out my "suspension of disbelief" theory...

Socom (Which can be a stealth game if you want IMO) is another series I like, with totally different gameplay, but unlike MSG I felt more like I was playing a real SEAL, and instead of hiding behind boxes, and changing outfits, it was more about staying afar, finding ways behind, etc.
================================
If they're going Hitman styled gameplay, I hope they fix what Bloodmoney did wrong, and also add SC elements (I can see myself go from a Hitman styled game in a crowded city, to a quiet alleyway, and being able to sneak my way around a gaurd, and into a storage area, or a HQ for a certain Government agency).

A Jason Bourne element will be nice... but I hope that'll be almost like a mini-game, or it won't be in little pieces throughout the level, but one chunk.
=============================
I just hope that it will keep something from SC, as ultimately that's what we want to buy: A SC game.

But I guess we need some change, and it'll be hypocritical for us to say we should have zero change (Although you can argue 1-3 changed, but only slightly). Hopefully the new game will be nice.

MKCC14
08-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by BurningDeath.:

Edited above - I didn't play POP - how would I know? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Man I loved the story for the POP series on the xbox. One of the best and I loved how it all played out throughout the 3 games. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

osborne10
08-14-2007, 05:06 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RedVodka:
By "Realistic" I should of said "Feels like it's real". Why? Because I think realism or at least dressing something up as realistic helps in suspense of disbelief.

i know what you mean

soron
11-19-2007, 01:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knot3D:

L & S gameplay is sooo stoopid that it sold millions, Hitman's disguises are so foolproof it's idiotic and MGS4's Octocamo is so ******ed that Hideo Kojima will remain a gaming God http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>didn't say that it was ******ed i just said it wasn't realistic.compared to the camo we have today.and hitman,even though i said nothing about it,in my opinion it seems realistic.disguises is one of the many ways to go unnoticed(stealth).and i never said mgs wasn't a good game.and the camo would be realistic if we had it.in terms of being seen and etc.....and for light and shadows it is realistic to a point. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>What makes you think we dont have it?

Chinese_Bookey
11-19-2007, 04:39 AM
Let's face it: MGS, Hitman, and SC are all unrealistic. Everybody wins.

soron
11-22-2007, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Chinese_Bookey:
Let's face it: MGS, Hitman, and SC are all unrealistic. Everybody wins.

Of course its unrealistic, its a game.

To all you who don't like L/S because it is unrealistic; if you want realistic then why even have entertainment just go get a job. Of course a certain amount of realism is good like the weapons shoot and sound real or vehicles that drive like real ones but to say this type of game play is better than that one because it is more realistic is ****. Either it is more fun or less fun or just unique in the gaming world.

Vth_F_Smith_
11-22-2007, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by soron:
Of course its unrealistic, its a game. Exactly. If everything would be realistic, it wouldn't be fun at all to play it (no to mention you'd probably need a few NASA computers for all the physics and AI calculations).
Of course a certain amount of realism is good like the weapons shoot and sound real or vehicles that drive like real ones(..) Precisely. A game is not a training simulation but a piece of electronic entertainment! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Nobody expects 100% Realism in a Hollywood movie either, because it's only meant to entertain the audience not to demonstrate the laws of physics! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Not even one of the investgation shows like Navy CIS (one of my favourites) are totally realistic but only realistic to a certain extent because the audience would be bored like hell if it would be totally realistic with all the beaurocratic stuff etc. Games are no different. They're meant to let you experience an entertaining story with great characters and lots of action but nothing else! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Chambly.Noire
11-22-2007, 08:54 AM
Did someone say realism?

http://i9.tinypic.com/82w04u0.jpg

Seriously though, Conviction sounds like it will have more in common with Assassin's Creed than the other games in the SC series. It's hard to imagine how a cover system based on light and/or sound could possibly work in a bright outdoor area filled with people. And forget the optic camoflage; might as well just give Sam a shoulder-mounted laser and net gun just like the Predator.

soron
11-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Chambly.Noire:
Did someone say realism?

http://i9.tinypic.com/82w04u0.jpg

Seriously though, Conviction sounds like it will have more in common with Assassin's Creed than the other games in the SC series. It's hard to imagine how a cover system based on light and/or sound could possibly work in a bright outdoor area filled with people. And forget the optic camoflage; might as well just give Sam a shoulder-mounted laser and net gun just like the Predator.
First of all LOL!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
Secondly if the Devs go in the direction that has been showed so far then there Will be no L/S or sound detection, just walking around in crowds and throwing **** at ppl.

I am sure active camo is in production but try making a light weight power source for some thing like that that will last a longer than a few min. I think it will be used on vehicles b4 we see a personal body camo used. Plus there is the issue of it being durable.

I think LCD material will be the fist step towards active camo and some sort of sensors that detect the surrounding environment. The LCD material will prob look like a quilt to make it more durable having the LCD in small pockets instead of just one big LCD screen made in to a outfit. The quilt pattern will keep the integrity of the rest of the camo if you do get shot or rupture one of the pockets the rest will remain intact but if it was one big piece then damaging any part of it would damage the whole.

It wont look quite like predator but close. It would mimic shapes, color and texture of the surrounding environment but you will still be able to see the out line and quilt pattern if you look closer. Also I don't know what the sensors will look like but you would prob be able to see them too.

EskimoBob32
11-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Vth_F_Smith_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by soron:
Of course its unrealistic, its a game. Exactly. If everything would be realistic, it wouldn't be fun at all to play it (no to mention you'd probably need a few NASA computers for all the physics and AI calculations).
Of course a certain amount of realism is good like the weapons shoot and sound real or vehicles that drive like real ones(..) Precisely. A game is not a training simulation but a piece of electronic entertainment! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Nobody expects 100% Realism in a Hollywood movie either, because it's only meant to entertain the audience not to demonstrate the laws of physics! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Not even one of the investgation shows like Navy CIS (one of my favourites) are totally realistic but only realistic to a certain extent because the audience would be bored like hell if it would be totally realistic with all the beaurocratic stuff etc. Games are no different. They're meant to let you experience an entertaining story with great characters and lots of action but nothing else! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

soron
11-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by EskimoBob32:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vth_F_Smith_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by soron:

Not even one of the investgation shows like Navy CIS (one of my favourites) are totally realistic but only realistic to a certain extent because the audience would be bored like hell if it would be totally realistic with all the beaurocratic stuff etc. Games are no different. They're meant to let you experience an entertaining story with great characters and lots of action but nothing else! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I think this sums up this argument nicely.

AgentXVII
11-23-2007, 04:28 AM

What?!

Are you serious? My heart was in my mouth with some of those storylines. When it looked like the Chinese were involved with Nikoladz, and North Korea crossing the DMZ to invade Seoul, and Shetland being dirty, those were all such great story moments.

Its rare to find a hot geopolitical storyline in a game, so I value the SC ones all the more. That was something that saddened me about Double Agent - that there was no geopolitical storyline, it was just a terrorist threat against America, and I just don't find that particularly interesting.

I hope they go geopolitical once more with SC:C's storyline, that whatever Anna's trouble is it affects more than just America.

soron
11-23-2007, 10:40 PM
I agree the story from CT was the best of the series.

ZeiramSigINT
11-30-2007, 12:15 AM
I like Hitman, and I like Splinter Cell. They're both good so I guess it's ok if they're combined, even if one ripped off the other. Assassin's Creed is Prince of Persia/Hitman, no complaints there. It's like chocolate and peanut butter together!

soron
11-30-2007, 12:26 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ZeiramSigINT:
I like Hitman, and I like Splinter Cell. They're both good so I guess it's ok if they're combined, even if one ripped off the other. Assassin's Creed is Prince of Persia/Hitman, no complaints there. It's like chocolate and peanut butter together![/QUOTE
how about a game with Hitman and Sam joining forceshttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ZeiramSigINT
11-30-2007, 12:29 AM
That depends if Ubi and Eidos can get along. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

soron
11-30-2007, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by ZeiramSigINT:
That depends if Ubi and Eidos can get along. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
I wonder if Sam & 47 would get along http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

stinger503
11-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by AgentXVII:

What?!

Are you serious? My heart was in my mouth with some of those storylines. When it looked like the Chinese were involved with Nikoladz, and North Korea crossing the DMZ to invade Seoul, and Shetland being dirty, those were all such great story moments.

Its rare to find a hot geopolitical storyline in a game, so I value the SC ones all the more. That was something that saddened me about Double Agent - that there was no geopolitical storyline, it was just a terrorist threat against America, and I just don't find that particularly interesting.

I hope they go geopolitical once more with SC:C's storyline, that whatever Anna's trouble is it affects more than just America. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen! I found that when playing the games over again, there were pieces of the story I missed. And they deepend the story even more.

To throw in my 2 cents, I love the shadow system and it is realistic to an extent. For example if I'm walkin' around in the dark and someone wants to slowly come up and grab me from behind, well they're going to. However the problem is that there isn't very much gray area, so if someone walks by me in the darkness, they don't see me even though they should.

The perfect SC game would be a combo of hitman style gameplay and SC style. An ideal mission would go like this: Sam leaves the safe house and procedes through the streets of Moscow. A police officer spots him and he's chased through the streets. Sam loses him and gains entrance to the facility (use your imagination) and uses his gear (SC gear) to get through the facility and I donno, plant a bomb, steal something, w/e. He exits the building and the (if you were spotted or something)police are on high alert. He manages to escape to the Osprey undetected and gets out.

threemoo
12-01-2007, 12:01 PM
I finally found a forum that tells everyone what splinter cell's coming to!!!!!!!!

before:
SPLINTER CELL = STEALTH

now:
SPLINTER CELL = STEALTH, NO LONGER!

Please Ubi, I beg of you!
Call this game CONVICTION, not SC Conviction.

Use SPLINTER CELL's name for a game that's more stalth oriented. I don't like hiding under the enemies nose!

I like hiding ABOVE the enemy's nose, if you get what I mean. Though I doubt you will do!

ArrowDynamicsX
12-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Would you like cheese with that?

MKCC14
12-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by ArrowDynamicsX:
Would you like cheese with that?
No, no, no...you have it wrong. Its:

Scared Displace International Guard in SCCT: "Would you like sugar and cream with that?"

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif