PDA

View Full Version : Some issues I have...

meibaum
03-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Been playing for 5 hours now. been looking forward to this game for a year now.Calle din sick to work, re-watched Das Boot last night,installed red lightbulbs in my computer room, the works. Kick *** game so far, but not perfect. A few issues I'm having:

-- The free cam is nice, but what if you want the camera locked on to your own sub? The camera locks on to other targets, which you can then rotate around. But if you want to check out your own sub, you gotta chase it around with the free cam. Am I missing something here? Is there a button for that?

-- Played the first career mission 3 times. Everytime I get to the second patrol, I pilot out of wilhemshaven, Set waypoints clear away from land, then boost the time compression. When I boost the time, my game instantly ends..I've had a collision. All DEAD! The only option presented is "Abandon Career" and I have to start a new career all over again. The manual says it autosaves the game when you return to port, but there were no saves. No, "replay patrol," or "load last save," just "abandon career." Uncool.

--An alarm went off when I hit ground. The alarm continued for several days gametime. Is there a way to turn off the alarm?

--Is there a way to look at incoming messages without hitting the "m" key. Like at the radio station? The radio station seems to do nothing. In fact a lot of the stuff in the ship does nothing when you click on it.

--What's up with the Sonar station? You can barely read the numbers on the dial. Sure, it's all 3D now, but it looks like it was rendered in crayon. It doesn't even light up! Where's the realism in that?

--In the training missions, the gunner doesn't seem to want to "fire at will." I can only attack things by targeting manually with binoculars.

--The nav map is painfull. There's no way to clear all waypoints. You have to get the eraser and take each one off manually. Pain in the butt when you set an auto search pattern and you want to delete it.

--The Manual gives no information about The Crew
Management screen. You have to puzzle it out yourself. In fact, the manual is lacking a lot of necessary information on how to play the game.

--The UZO bug. You guys released a U-boat simulator with a bug that prevents Nvidia card owners from using binoculars on the bridge? Unacceptable! How much did ATI pay you guys to plant that one? The developers should be embarrased. The 6X00 series is pretty standard these days. There's just no excuse for this.

I will say this though, the graphics are outstanding. BEST WATER EVER!!! The storms are outrageous! And the sunsets man...wow! It breaks my heart to have to run this at the forced low-res on my 22' monitor.

Great game guys, just fix the flaws.

blue_76
03-16-2005, 11:04 PM
well said! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

i also played the game for 5hrs and have a red light setup http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

meibaum
03-17-2005, 12:39 AM
Okay, so I found my savegames. DUH! right there in front of me~!

Thing is, when I load any of the four saved games in career mode, I takes me to the bridge, gives me a message saying "flak gun destroyed," which is odd since the Type II has no flak gun, and then it promptly CRASHES TO DESKTOP!!!

I guess a workaround for this would be to NOT DIE, but since I'm dying instantly everytime I boost the time compression once I'm out at sea, it's hard to avoid.

It's gonna be a long career for this U-boat commander!

BTW, I'm reading the Das Boot novel now too. It rocks~! Better than the movie!

fury_ro
03-17-2005, 12:56 AM
Download the available patch from Ubi, it fixes most of your problems http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ingsoc41
03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
Are you sure there a UZO bug? I have a nividea 5700SE 256..running 768mgs ram..Pf4 1.8mzh..soundblaser gamer 5.1..66.53 drivers I think on video card..and the on bridge targeting uzo works fine....I did get a white screen in the binocs..but..just scrolled though with the right and left arrow keys.and the up and down arrow keys...once in awhile it goes through some fog or clouds and I get only white..keep scanning and it clears up..and works fine..if you hold shift and right or left arrow key.it accelerates the scan...works for me fine on nvidea only thing is when im shooting down planes..and I travers the gun through some smoke or fire..the rate of travers slows down as does the fire rate..and the sound gets muffled..probably issue with the graphics settings but when I try to change quality of graphics I only have option high checked or high not checked..not possible to monkey with more particulars of the graphics.as with games like ubisoft IL2 forgetten battles..that allows nice resolution and graphics adjustment..but all in all..everything plays very well.with no lock ups or crashes