PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILER POSSIBLY?* Need Help With Courtesan Guild Challenges. Am I Bugged?

Wile E Coyoteee
12-01-2010, 10:14 PM
One of the challenges is "Enemies stationed at Guard Posts killed using the crossbow without being detected."

Mine says 0/20 and I've tried everything. What constitutes as a "Guard Post"? I'm assuming it's those stationary groups of 4 guards that stay underneath arches and stuff? I've killed them silently with a Crossbow from the roofs, no arrows ever appeared above anyone's heads.. And, nothing. I've killed walking roof guards with no arrow, nothing.

I've killed from being in a blend group of Courtesans, and, nothing.. Which, there's a challenge for "Guards assassinated from blend spots", which I havn't gotten even though I'm hidden in the crowd of Courtesans.

What the hell am I supposed to do here? I don't get it and I've been trying all different stuff for about an hour now! =(

xTheCombinex
12-01-2010, 10:25 PM
You have to kill those guards who protect restriced areas (for example) with their arms crossed.

Wile E Coyoteee
12-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Ohhh ok, I didn't realize they had to be in restricted areas. Thing is though, I went to what I think is the Vatican (idk, I'm not that far into the game), it was restricted and it had "high level" guards, heavily armored and use guns sometimes, starts out with a big strip of red restricted on the map, has lots of people in red and white clothing, civilians I mean, walking around. I killed ones there with crossbows, then I'd even kill a guard in the back while he was looking at the dead one.. And, still nothing =(.

What about the blend group one? I've been killing guards in blend groups and still can't get them! Tbh, I've been running around poisoning guards like crazy and can't get the simple 5 poisons either! 0.o

Dougout78
12-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Go to the French camps (guard posts with the guys in blue) around the Barracks. The ones with the spiked wooden fences.

Wile E Coyoteee
12-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Hmm, alright, I'll try that, thanks! What about getting the blended crowds though? I don't know where the barracks is yet, so I'm wandering around trying to find French outposts which I think I have, they have spiked wooden walls all around them and French symbols nad the guys with the blue berets, etc. There aren't any crowds to blend with there though 0.o. Maybe once I find out where the barracks is that'll help

Dougout78
12-02-2010, 01:19 AM
You don't have to be blended to do this challenge... just don't get detected while killing the guards. The barracks is what you renovated to get Mercenaries unlocked...

Dougout78
12-02-2010, 01:33 AM
Poison 15 guards is easy once you have the poison darts from Leonardo.

Kill from blend spots... try sitting in a pile/cart of hay and assassinating the guard as they get close.

Wile E Coyoteee
12-02-2010, 01:41 AM
Ahh, ok. I know what a barracks is, lol, like I said I just havn't gotten that far yet. Infact at the time of posting I hadn't even unlocked the Thieves Guild yet, just did, heheheh. I did a ton of renovating before even really getting into the storyline! Thanks a ton, it helps alot!

Account_Deleted
12-02-2010, 01:47 AM
is it only the french outpost that count as kills?
i havn't found them yet tho

Dougout78
12-02-2010, 01:57 AM
Before I sat down and did the grinding for that challenge I had killed a few already during the course of normal play, so I'm not sure if those are the only guard posts. Other people in this thread say any restricted area will work, so theoretically you could complete the challenge while assaulting the Borgia Towers or any other such area. The french guard posts are scattered all around the barracks area of the Campagna.

I would suggest unlocking all 3 guilds as soon as you can and get the weapons upgrades from Leonardo, and then start working on the challenges as some of them can overlap. and you need the double hidden blade to perform a double assassination.

Keep in mind though, anytime you buy a weapon from a shop after equipping the weapon from a guild challenge, you have to return to your hideout to re-equip the guild weapon. Since they are not purchased at a shop, the shop doesn't give an option to switch to them.