PDA

View Full Version : Is This Possible?

Fish40
10-25-2005, 12:05 PM
This may sound like a petty request when compared to some of the other shortcomeings of the game, but would it be possible to mod a "cold weather" jacket for the watch crew? The men in Das Boot donned those heavy leather (they looked like leather) jackets befor heading on their watch. Looks alittle funny to see your guys in the middle of January dressed like it was the middle of July!

Like I said, I know this is a petty request. But if it's not that complex, why not. Did anybody else ever wonder about this?

Fish40
10-25-2005, 12:05 PM
This may sound like a petty request when compared to some of the other shortcomeings of the game, but would it be possible to mod a "cold weather" jacket for the watch crew? The men in Das Boot donned those heavy leather (they looked like leather) jackets befor heading on their watch. Looks alittle funny to see your guys in the middle of January dressed like it was the middle of July!

Like I said, I know this is a petty request. But if it's not that complex, why not. Did anybody else ever wonder about this?

Kaleun1961
10-25-2005, 12:19 PM
That's not a petty request; it's a reasonable one. I too wonder the same thing, like when I am out in the North Atlantic in January and the watch crew are wearing short jackets and holding steel binoculars in bare hands. Perhaps the game engine does not allow for seasons, just raining or not raining.

Jose.MaC
10-25-2005, 02:21 PM
They should get gloves, anyway.

acetoolguy
10-25-2005, 06:16 PM
Due to a logistics error the winter jackets are in Argentina, the hats Bermuda and the gloves in some pawn shop in greece.
Hmm...sounds like my last US Air flight.

The_Silent_O
10-26-2005, 08:35 AM
I refused to give my watch crew warm weather gear...It dulls there senses and they get sleepy...I'd rather have them cold and alert!

Kaptian-Leutnant Thor Rammstein, U-2, type Viic