PDA

View Full Version : So many expansions... which to get???

Tocca4
11-13-2004, 09:49 PM
I have the original IL2, i have IL2FB and i have Pacific Fighters.
I will buy the ACE expansion soon, so i can have the FB+ACE+PF installation.

But, what about the other expansions? There's so little info about them, and few seems to talk about them!
Barbarossa is an expansion for the original IL2 if i understand correctly, this won't work with FB am i correct?
Combat over Europe and Op. Fall Blau expansions are for FB though, will the added things in theese work together with FB+ACE+PF?
I.E. Can i install them all and be able to pick from all planes/sceneries?
If not, how does it work? Do i need separate installations for each addon?

I'm a bit puzzled really! I will buy ACE, and i'm considering buying the other expansions too, BUT only if they work together.

Put it like this: Which addons can i install together? Is it only FB+ACE+PF???

Tocca4
11-13-2004, 09:49 PM
I have the original IL2, i have IL2FB and i have Pacific Fighters.
I will buy the ACE expansion soon, so i can have the FB+ACE+PF installation.

But, what about the other expansions? There's so little info about them, and few seems to talk about them!
Barbarossa is an expansion for the original IL2 if i understand correctly, this won't work with FB am i correct?
Combat over Europe and Op. Fall Blau expansions are for FB though, will the added things in theese work together with FB+ACE+PF?
I.E. Can i install them all and be able to pick from all planes/sceneries?
If not, how does it work? Do i need separate installations for each addon?

I'm a bit puzzled really! I will buy ACE, and i'm considering buying the other expansions too, BUT only if they work together.

Put it like this: Which addons can i install together? Is it only FB+ACE+PF???

LEXX_Luthor
11-13-2004, 09:52 PM
ACE is the only expansion

All others are 3rd Party mission pacs or campaigns.

-HH-Quazi
11-13-2004, 10:23 PM
BOE is anexcellent add-on. It's not considered an expansion because it doesn't actually upgrade the game to a different version. BOE adds the American side of the war in Europe with plenty of new missions, an excellent online dynamic campaign generator with new maps such as Normandy and the Ardennes, and plenty of skins to go along with it. When it was released, it was only available from www.justflight.com (http://www.justflight.com) I don't kow if it is available elsewhere now or not.

Tully__
11-13-2004, 10:44 PM
While original Sturmovik version of Barbarossa may not work 100% as intended with FB, the individual missions will work fine. I don't recall whether or not there was a sufficiently big difference in campaign configuration files to prevent Sturmovik static campaigns from working in FB.

Tocca4
11-14-2004, 02:03 AM
Ok, i understand.
All of theese, including BOE, are available at my local PC-store...and they're not that expensive either.

If i understand correctly, i would be able to use them all together then? FB+ACE+PF, and then add BOE (for example) and be able to use the missions/planes/whatever?

Well, i'm off to buy ACE soon atleast. I'll decide about the other ones later.