PDA

View Full Version : Quick Missions In Multiplayer

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 10:17 AM
Greetings,

A friend and I finally had the pleasure of playing Forgotten Battles cooperatively and in verses play and we were hoping to see something added - assuming its not there already and we`ve simply missed it.

First, we`d love to access the functionality and the simplicity of the Quick Mission Builder in multiplayer play. The lack of this deprives us of the ability to craft a quick & simple fight with air or ground targets apart from the mission editor and its learning curve (as well as the time it takes for production of the missions themselves, each tiny change requiring a new compiling).

Second, we`d love to fly the dynamic campaign in coop mode.

Third, and this is relatively minor but desired nonetheless, is a series of multiplay verses maps without enemy defenses every so many kilometers. Sometimes we just want a pure contest without outside factors coming to bear.

Any chance these can be included in the next TFB patch? Thanks as per usual for your time.

Love that FW-190 D9...

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 10:17 AM
Greetings,

A friend and I finally had the pleasure of playing Forgotten Battles cooperatively and in verses play and we were hoping to see something added - assuming its not there already and we`ve simply missed it.

First, we`d love to access the functionality and the simplicity of the Quick Mission Builder in multiplayer play. The lack of this deprives us of the ability to craft a quick & simple fight with air or ground targets apart from the mission editor and its learning curve (as well as the time it takes for production of the missions themselves, each tiny change requiring a new compiling).

Second, we`d love to fly the dynamic campaign in coop mode.

Third, and this is relatively minor but desired nonetheless, is a series of multiplay verses maps without enemy defenses every so many kilometers. Sometimes we just want a pure contest without outside factors coming to bear.

Any chance these can be included in the next TFB patch? Thanks as per usual for your time.

Love that FW-190 D9...

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 11:28 PM
Bump for Oleg (??... Please?...)

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 11:34 PM
you might have better luck posting this in Oleg's room if you want him to read it

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 11:49 PM
WarlokLord wrote:
- Greetings,
-
- First, we`d love to access the functionality and the
- simplicity of the Quick Mission Builder in
- multiplayer play. The lack of this deprives us of
- the ability to craft a quick & simple fight with air
- or ground targets apart from the mission editor and
- its learning curve (as well as the time it takes for
- production of the missions themselves, each tiny
- change requiring a new compiling).

FMB takes a little time to get used to, but once you get into it, it isn't difficult.

I'm not sure what you mean in the last part, about "each tiny change requiring a new compiling)."

You can call up a coop mission, and change one flight from say Migs to Yaks, and it takes only a few seconds to do. Hit file/save and it's done. There is no compiling involved. If you save it under a different name, and you have a new coop. I've often taken a coop mission, with the bases set, and changed plane types and mission objectives, to quickly come up with a new coop, with a minimum of effort.

I'm sure there are many people out there who don't realize how good the FMB is. Most of my time is spent testing coops, to see how they play out, and in tweaking them for the desired game play.

You can easily mix human-flown aircraft with AI planes, and get a sort of Quick Mission Builder effect. FB's FMB gives you the choice to make flyable airplanes AI-only, so there is a lot of leeway in setting up air battles.

If you don't bother with setting up bases and flak, you can set up a fighter-sweep type coop mission very quickly. Give the planes "air starts," position opposing forces anyway you like, and you have an almost instant coop mission.

Zip

<center>BlitzPig_Zip

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gingernuts/blitz_anim.gif </center>

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 11:57 PM
Get a program called DCG and have at it.

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 01:48 AM
DCG? I`ll look for it.

Changes in plane types and loadouts are handled simply in the Quick Mission framework - this straightforward simplicity is lacking in multi (that`s what I meant by having to redo or recompile a mission file every time somebody wanted to change any little thing about the contest).

I`ll re-post in Oleg`s section then too.