PDA

View Full Version : Another newby question...

Ed6269
04-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Do "Labels" effect the "Enemy" ability to see me close to the ground? Do the paint schemes help in being not-seen? It seems like the seeing aspect of the game is a bit unrealistic. Obviously, the labels are hugely unrealistic, but with them off does this change?

Ed6269
04-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Do "Labels" effect the "Enemy" ability to see me close to the ground? Do the paint schemes help in being not-seen? It seems like the seeing aspect of the game is a bit unrealistic. Obviously, the labels are hugely unrealistic, but with them off does this change?

LStarosta
04-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Please keep your questions in one thread.

The label issue has already been beaten to death on these forums.

Labels don't affect the way AI perceives you. Obviously this isn't true for humans. Yes they can see you.

flox
04-07-2007, 06:46 PM
He has two separate questions. I don't see the harm in two threads...

Camouflage does not help you hide from the AI (computer) controlled planes, unfortunately. They all have "spider sense" when it comes to spotting you, even if you are flying directly beneath them. It's a limitation of the game's technology (the game engine itself is about 6 years old now).

LStarosta
04-07-2007, 06:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He has two separate questions. I don't see the harm in two threads... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK Chief

Either way, my postcount is going upppp

flox
04-07-2007, 07:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LStarosta:
Either way, my postcount is going upppp </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed.

RS.Wedge
04-07-2007, 07:09 PM
The way I look at it is the AI have the advantage. I like to fly with icons off when online. When I am playing a single player campaign I set my icons to on, but with some limitations: Icons are limited to 1.5 Km with no color and aircraft ID info only for both sides.

Also, it is a lot easier to fly with a group and I want to let you know that The Rogue Saints IL2 Virtual Fighter Wing are recruiting all skill levels of pilots: from the beginner to the most experienced ace. We are seeking team minded dedicated individuals.

If you are looking for competetive play, using comms, teamwork, making new friends, or even combat flight training:

Come check us out, post in the "[RS] Welcoming Mat" forum, and fill out an application if interested .

www.rogue-saints.com (http://www.rogue-saints.com)

Regards,

[RS]Wedge

Akronnick
04-07-2007, 11:48 PM
The AI always know where you are, they're like the T1000 from Terminator 2.

Friendly AI on the other hand are more like C-3P0.

Ed6269
04-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Thanks very much Wedge, for the invitation. I plan to play through a bunch of camps before I start online, but I'll be by if the fates allow.