PDA

View Full Version : German/Axis fighter evaluation

XyZspineZyX
10-22-2003, 03:40 PM
Just out of curiosty, are there any German evaluation and comparisation report of enemy planes? I have seen several both US/British and russian reports. But I don´t think I´ve ever seen a German evaluation of captured allied planes. Surely there must have been some. At least it could give some balance to the "scientist" discussion here, who seems to "know" an awful lot about things that had left this planets surface, decades before they were born.
I suspect many of the debates here, might be based on different reports. If so, what is the value of these reports then, if they didn´t give the identical conclusion EVERY time a plane was tested? Because they couldn´t have.
And in the end, what in h... does it mean to us now 60 years later, if one plane favored another, then?
I think it´s more interesting toread about how one plane/pilot performed against another plane/pilot. I mean like: how Adolf Galland performed in a 109 against, say Johnnie Johnson in a Spitfire, not vice versa, that just stupid.
To compare how we, toy-flyers perform against on another on a computer today is only childish and silly.

Second question; are these evaluation reports as worthless (and maybe in the end as useless) as todays car evaluation reports? That each country favour their own types, and the really good ones is avoided or even given false data?

just curious,and very soon barbequed i fear ....... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Message Edited on 10/22/0309:12PM by JG301_nils

XyZspineZyX
10-22-2003, 03:40 PM
Just out of curiosty, are there any German evaluation and comparisation report of enemy planes? I have seen several both US/British and russian reports. But I don´t think I´ve ever seen a German evaluation of captured allied planes. Surely there must have been some. At least it could give some balance to the "scientist" discussion here, who seems to "know" an awful lot about things that had left this planets surface, decades before they were born.
I suspect many of the debates here, might be based on different reports. If so, what is the value of these reports then, if they didn´t give the identical conclusion EVERY time a plane was tested? Because they couldn´t have.
And in the end, what in h... does it mean to us now 60 years later, if one plane favored another, then?
I think it´s more interesting toread about how one plane/pilot performed against another plane/pilot. I mean like: how Adolf Galland performed in a 109 against, say Johnnie Johnson in a Spitfire, not vice versa, that just stupid.
To compare how we, toy-flyers perform against on another on a computer today is only childish and silly.

Second question; are these evaluation reports as worthless (and maybe in the end as useless) as todays car evaluation reports? That each country favour their own types, and the really good ones is avoided or even given false data?

just curious,and very soon barbequed i fear ....... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Message Edited on 10/22/0309:12PM by JG301_nils