PDA

View Full Version : What if I'm the leader?

Properella
10-10-2004, 10:23 AM
It's nice when I'm on a mission and the leader locates the targets for me and calls them out. I just follow him into combat. But if I'm the leader, what's the best way to find ground targets or bandits coming in, especially if they aren't in the vicinity of the waypoint icon?

Also, when the leader says "Enemy fighters at 10 o'clock", is that at his 10 o'clock or mine?

Properella
10-10-2004, 10:23 AM
It's nice when I'm on a mission and the leader locates the targets for me and calls them out. I just follow him into combat. But if I'm the leader, what's the best way to find ground targets or bandits coming in, especially if they aren't in the vicinity of the waypoint icon?

Also, when the leader says "Enemy fighters at 10 o'clock", is that at his 10 o'clock or mine?

Friendly_flyer
10-10-2004, 10:48 AM
It's his 10 o'clock. Sometimes you'll hear other squadron leaders call to their squadron. The bad part is that in Maddox-land, all squadron leaders are taught to sound exactly the same. This can be a bit confusing at times.

As squadron leader, you€ll just have to use your eyes and spot the boogies your self. Using the map with icons on may help. Your squadron will follow you around, so just head right for the first boogie, and they€ll usually get the point.

dieg777
10-10-2004, 10:51 AM
EDIT wow friendly flyer was fast baisically I agree with his points

If you are the leader then Im afraid its all down to you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif you will have to set the course-you will have to study the map at briefing and set your course. It is best to download maps and use these with compass headings. You will have to spot targets yourself. You will know if bandits are near as the rest of your flight peals off http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

It is leaders 10 o clock but be aware it might not be your flight leader that calls out it could be another and there is no message to differentiate flights e.g. red section bandits 10 o clock.

good luck