9th_Spitin
08-01-2005, 02:28 PM

CapBackassward
08-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Of course. Silly Wabbit. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Rick

ashley2005
08-01-2005, 02:40 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif of course i will silly wabbit O_O

lbhskier37
08-01-2005, 02:42 PM
Delays happen with every game, using that as an excuse to quite buying from a vendor would have me quiting buying games forever. In addition there is nothing on the horizon that I have heard about that sounds like it will even compete with BoB (if anyone hears of anything let me know because I will buy it too). I will be pre-ordering BoB as soon as I can, personally I can't wait for BoB as it will force people online to play something other than the late-war western front my planes d 1ck is bigger than your planes garbage(why don't we have a puking smiley face for situations like this?).

VFS-214_Hawk
08-01-2005, 03:31 PM
Only in suport of.....if PF is finished. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

reverendkrv1972
08-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Absolutely! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

daft question really http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Rev

VW-IceFire
08-01-2005, 04:43 PM
The "two weeks" delay thing is no reason not to buy BoB. They gave us free new content...FREE. I really didn't care if it took a year, it was free and they were producing it and some people questioned if we were going to get it but we did - just like we always do.

VFS-214_Hawk
08-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Free? It wasnt free, you paid money for it and just now getting the "finished" product. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

LEXX_Luthor
08-01-2005, 05:52 PM
They only owed us Betty on the Box, the rest was indeed quite Free. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Bearcat99
08-01-2005, 07:02 PM
If I am breathing, employed, fully funcional and the world as we know it hasnt come to an end... yes.

Why wouldnt I?

3.JG51_BigBear
08-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Sure in sixty years when its finally released, me and all my friends at the nursing home will chip in for a *****in' rig and a copy of BOB and play till our eyes bleed.

FritzGryphon
08-01-2005, 08:06 PM
I'll buy BoB if it's a good game. Is there any other valid criterion, really?

I don't understand the vindictive whiners or the fanboys.

That said, if BoB improves on the quality of MG's already impressive line of sims, it probably will be a good game, and I will buy it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

WarWolfe_1
08-01-2005, 10:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
The "two weeks" delay thing is no reason not to buy BoB. They gave us free new content...FREE. I really didn't care if it took a year, it was free and they were producing it and some people questioned if we were going to get it but we did - just like we always do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Free means nothing to me. I would pay good money to see PF expanded upon. There is way to much missing for PTO.

And Besides we all know that one side or another will have bomb planes in BOB.......So why bother?

3.JG51_BigBear
08-01-2005, 10:15 PM
Let PF die. This series is showing its age in so many ways. Time to move on. Its had a good run and BOB will be even better. Expansion should move much quicker too since a lot of the research has been done for a lot of our favorite planes that were added to this series.

wayno7777
08-02-2005, 01:25 AM
I'll bet we finally get Dorniers and a Channel map...

actionhank1786
08-02-2005, 01:39 AM
I dont want to sound like a jerk, but i really hate when people complain that the patches aren't free add ons they're getting what they paid for.
I know everyone of you would drop a brick in your pants if all the add on was, was a simple 10mb patch that added the Betty flyable.
Oleg has indeed given you a lot free, so dont bite the hand that feeds.

As for BOB hell yes i'll buy it, if it's anything like the Il-2 series it's going to be more than worth 40 dollars

Yellonet
08-02-2005, 04:42 AM
Most probably, not that I'm a huge fan of that campaign... but it will certainly be a quality product just as IL-2 and something that I must have.

nakamura_kenji
08-02-2005, 05:09 AM
i will when they make pacific theater again v_v so 5 year time guess

UKPsycho
08-02-2005, 05:21 AM
Most definately will be getting it!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Atomic_Marten
08-02-2005, 05:35 AM
He he for me this is a no brainer thread just like "!!!Vote: eastern addon for the western version !!!".

Of course I will buy. And I can expect only good things with that game. IMHO.

TgD Thunderbolt56
08-02-2005, 07:05 AM
i'll get it for a few reasons:

1. I like WWII airwar scenarios
2. 1:C supports their products very well and listens to their customer base.
3. It WILL be the next generation of flight-sims

I'll play it alot if it's a good product...be sure.

TB

Capt._Tenneal
08-02-2005, 08:16 AM
I answered Yes, but I am not "waiting for it with baited breath". I will buy BOB initially to support 1C:Maddox, but I'll most likely still be playing FB+AEP+PF a lot. First, because I know the latter will run on my current hardware (I don't know the specs for BOB yet, and might not have the money to upgrade anytime soon). Second, I'll wait till the planeset for BOB gets to around FB levels at least, with more maps to play in (Med, Eastern Front, Pacific, West Front 1943-45).

Chivas
08-02-2005, 12:00 PM
BOB will have greatly improved FM,DM,Clouds, Weather, Ground Terrain, Objects, and Emmersion.

Who wouldn't want to fly that. You can still fly FB/PF if you want. Its not going to disappear off your hard drive.

Freelancer-1
08-02-2005, 12:28 PM
If BoB stood for Battle of Biplanes I would definitly be holding my breath.

Ahh, WWI, a gentlemen's airwar.

Alas, we only have a choice of what's actually out there, so...

BoB it is http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Freelancer

Bolt40
08-02-2005, 06:31 PM
BoB will be released in...2008 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif till then
I'll fly this sim and BoB WoV ..which is on the shelves end of this month , it doesnt support multiplayer ( yet ) or have the heavy German bombers flyable ( yet ) but from looking at the screens of the 109 , 110 , Ju87 , Spit & Hurri ., I'll be content with those , not to mention..correct ENGINE sounds . http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

james_ander
08-02-2005, 08:28 PM
What kind of date are they giving now for BoB? I remember when we were talking about September 2005.

I'll definately buy it.

knightflyte
08-02-2005, 09:05 PM
You could have AT LEAST given your answer, 9th_Spitin. Are you going to buy it?

I know I'll buy it. This is one of my hobbies. I've come to enjoy, and 'trust' the quality that 1C Maddox Games makes.

I'm not even going to pretend BoB will be perfect. That's just fool hardy. But I know EVEN with it's flaws I will enjoy it. There has been nothing so bad in my playing experience with IL2/FB/AEP/PF that it prevented me from enjoying it. I believe we will see BETTER from BoB.

I'm also be on the lookout for other flight sims that capture my attention and imagination.

Oh, PF ain't dead yet. I plan on haveing a LOT MORE fun with it.

han freak solo
08-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Will I buy BoB? Yes.

Will I get a new computer that can handle BoB? About 6 months after I buy BoB. Before that, stutter city!!

9th_Spitin
08-02-2005, 09:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knightflyte:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I waited and waited and waited on PF , this time I think I will not worry about it. When it gets done I will see what it looks like, then buy it. I hope its as good as I think it will be.

StG77_Stuka
08-02-2005, 10:20 PM
Once Eastern Front add-on is available I will consider buying it.

Hiriyu
08-02-2005, 10:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FritzGryphon:

That said, if BoB improves on the quality of MG's already impressive line of sims, it probably will be a good game, and I will buy it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

AVG_WarHawk
08-02-2005, 10:53 PM
I'm still hoping for a pay add-on that will complete PF, other wise, I don't care to spend $ on BoB just to wait several years for 1:C to make another incomplete PTO.

Akimoto05
08-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Definitely YES.

I've been waiting for ages for a PC version of the old Battle of Britain...

GAU-8
08-03-2005, 12:45 AM
i have no plans on buying BoB.

no scenario for heavy bombers....

and its not like there isnt enuff "109s vs spitfires" on any server today.. we allready have BoB now. im not spending for "more of the same" of a scenario that I have no interest in.

VVS-Manuc
08-03-2005, 04:35 AM
I don't care about BoB now. It will be released in 2006/2007 or even later and up to now we have only seen a few screenshots. It's too far away to think about buying it.

Fighterduck
08-03-2005, 05:24 AM
Buy BoB?
don't know yet...i will see when in will be done.

TooMuchCheese
08-03-2005, 05:35 AM
I am definitely going to buy it IF there is no Starforce craip on it.

If it has Starforce I am afraid that like SHIII it will not be on my system, sad but true.
Having seen on SimHQ the deviousness and utter Craip written by the Starforce main man, in whuch he rubbished peoples complaints about Starforce and was unwilling to answer straight questions truthfully.

fordfan25
08-03-2005, 02:49 PM
depends on weather im still PC gameing. the price of hardwear ect is makeing me miss my days with nintendo. parts of FB/PF has left a bad tast in my mouth. the plane selection while large is full of useless fly twice and forget planes while importent ones are left undone, as well as a few other pet peves of mine. in some ways 1c has done a good job but in other ways id like to kickm in the ***.

if im still into PC gameing and have a rig thatll play it and IF thay pay a little better attention to OFFline campaigns then yes i might. but im not going to rush out and build a new 2000$$ doller rig just for it like i did with PF http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Art-J
08-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Rather NOT going to buy it, because:
a) I'm a PTO psycho and other theatres of ops are not my playground...
b) My PC won't handle it anyway http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ...

BUT...

c) if the product will expand to PTO after, let's presume, 2 years (in "finished" or "unfinished" form, with or witout cursed TBF Avenger, after all this copyright hassle I don't give a sh1t about it)...

d) ... then I will propably have my PC upgraded enough to play it (my computer's hardware abilities are always ~2 years "after" gaming market news, for example yesterday I finally replaced GF2MX with R9k8 Pro card, so I finally have "FB-optimized" PC http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

e) then I'll go and buy it - "be sure!" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

P.S. (little off-topic) - after reading some comments I'm amused to see how some of us are "spoiled". I mean, geez, when CFS2 came out in 2001, it was considered a quite good Pacific sim, even though it had SEVEN flyables only and nearly non-existent air-to-ground and air-to-naval attack aspect. Still, I enjoyed the product very much. Now we have PF, which models PTO rather poorly, I agree, but I'm still having a good time with it anyway. For me - better this "representation" of PTO, than no representation at all. Besides - maybe it's good that it proved to be mediocre success. Current game engine never was a great platform for creating a PTO sim (in my opinion) and it gave Oleg and co. experience on how NOT to make PTO sims. IF they decide to try again with BoB engine, they migh do better job this time.

Regards - Art.

darkhorizon11
08-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Right now I run FB and PF off my laptop (which actually works out pretty well). But BOB? I dunno if it will be playable, I might have to wait until I get an upgrade.

knightflyte
08-03-2005, 10:13 PM
Too Much Cheese,
Did you notice SimHQ locked that thread, and any subsequent topics about STARFORCE are banned? (unless it has pertinant new information or a valid 'NEW' question)

To be fair to the modrators I didn't read the whole posted topic on Starforce so I'd like to think the mods were acting responsibly.

Thanks for answering, 9th_Spitin. Seemed strange to not have your opinion so I was curios what your take on BoB waould be.

Hoatee
08-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Yes I will buy.

9th_Spitin
08-04-2005, 03:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knightflyte:
9th_Spitin. Seemed strange to not have your opinion so I was curios what your take on BoB waould be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 9th_Spitin:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I waited and waited and waited on PF , this time I think I will not worry about it. When it gets done I will see what it looks like, then buy it. I hope its as good as I think it will be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did, you did not look back far enough.

Buzzsaw-
08-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Salute

A year ago, and I would have said yes without hesitation, and would have bought the game sight unseen, without needing to read any reviews.

But after the issue of PF, and the most recent patch, 4.01, I am having serious doubts regarding a) the likelyhood of getting a complete design, and b) getting balanced historically accurate aircraft.

If it is anything like the current version of PF, I won't be buying it.

Cpt_Jack
08-04-2005, 03:56 PM
I can fly "Battle of Britain" missions with what we have now, so I will most probably not buy it. It's great that they are starting with a new improved game engine, but I will wait until they make a Mediterranean or new, improved (and hopefully complete) Pacific theater sim before I spend any more money.

Skoshi Tiger
08-04-2005, 06:23 PM
With a 2008 release date, that equates to 2 cycles of Moores Law. (Given that were just going through one cycle now and most people haven't got dual core CPU's etc)
The Hardware that BOB will be taking advantage of is going to be quite outstanding.

As a test try running the latest patched verson PF on a system that was built 4-5 years ago and see how it'll run.

Also you could try loading a Sim that was built 3-4 years ago (Unpatched IL2, Rowans Battle of Britain, Janes Attack squadron etc) and see how lame they look compared to PF today.

I'll definately be looking at BOB when it comes out, as well as what ever is out at the time.

fordfan25
08-04-2005, 07:12 PM
dont worry guys itll be on the xbox 480 be sure http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Stanger_361st
08-04-2005, 08:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Buzzsaw-:
Salute

A year ago, and I would have said yes without hesitation, and would have bought the game sight unseen, without needing to read any reviews.

But after the issue of PF, and the most recent patch, 4.01, I am having serious doubts regarding a) the likelyhood of getting a complete design, and b) getting balanced historically accurate aircraft.

If it is anything like the current version of PF, I won't be buying it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes me and a bunch of other flyers are thinking the same thing. After this patch we are pretty disgusted.

FritzGryphon
08-04-2005, 08:36 PM
For those who'd compare future projects to PF, it is a poor comparison.

PF was made (or at least mostly so) by 3rd party modelers. This didn't work as well as planned, and it's only because of MG that there is the content there is now.

Far better to infer from IL-2 and FB, which were outstanding and complete products. The content list and WIP for BoB also suggests it will be a comprehensive representation of the theatre.

Also, the choice of having fewer flyables shows a dedication to better historical accuracy than is present in the plane-fest of IL-PF. As for balance, I can't imagine what you mean (it's a theatre spanning only a year or two).

Tuba2004
08-04-2005, 09:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stanger_361st:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Buzzsaw-:
Salute

If it is anything like the current version of PF, I won't be buying it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes me and a bunch of other flyers are thinking the same thing. After this patch we are pretty disgusted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bump!! I don't have problems with the patch. However the unfinished nature of PF and the PTO leaves me with a "Wait and see if it is finished before rushing out to buy" frame of thought. As for the argument that PS was a rescued sim and that I should be grateful to even have the incomplete part My response would be If they were not going to fully finish and support a PTO sim then they should have let Luther's project die, put out the new planes, etc. for FB-AEP and got on with BOB.

Brass_Monkey
08-04-2005, 09:07 PM
S! Buzzsaw..........AMEN! My thoughts exactly.

3.JG51_BigBear
08-04-2005, 11:48 PM
I think PF has just become bloated. The scope is unbelievable but given the size of the team developing the game its not surprising that quality has to slip. This certainly is the most comprehensive flight sim on the market for this time period right now but it could be so much better. I look forward to a smaller product with objects, planes, and maps developed in-house. There should be greater consistency and accuracy, at least for the initial release.

Its almost unfortunate that 1C has to turn to third party modelers to expand its sims. The work of the third party modelers is really outstanding given that they often work only in their spare time and have to do a siginifcant amount of research to meet Oleg's high standards which I'm sure is very difficult in light of time and financial constraints. Having said all that many of the added aircraft don't match the others in the game, the best modelers seem to be misallocated because of the haphazard way in which projects are started, and players find themselves without some of the most important aircraft because no one decided to work on them.

Also, their is no "game" in this game. If not for the community and other third party addons there would be very little fun things to do with this game offline. Its pittiful and I whish less time would be spent on rapid expansion which leads to what we have now and more time be allocated to making a smaller sim of greater quality.

As I said before I'll absolutely buy BOB but I have some very high hopes for the Battle of Britain II which is going to be released in a couple weeks. If its offline content is as solid as has been advertised and the flight models are at all comprable to PF's I'll probably put the Il2 series down and come back when BOB is done.

neural_dream
08-05-2005, 05:14 AM
...But after the issue of PF, and the most recent patch, 4.01, I am having serious doubts regarding a) the likelyhood of getting a complete design, and b) getting balanced historically accurate aircraft.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brass_Monkey:
S! Buzzsaw..........AMEN! My thoughts exactly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Balanced + Historically accurate?
What???? You can't have both. WW2 was a real war, not a balanced game.
And can you be more specific? You have flown some of those warbirds in RL and find them behaving significantly different? You have read pilot accounts? I personally <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">feel</span> it's realistic and that's more than enough. And i can't really understand all that fuss about 4.01. It wasn't that much of a difference. I think you are overreacting.

About the feeling that PF isn't complete, well yes, that's pretty obvious. I won't repeat any of the complaints. I will just hope that in 2006 BoB will be for flight sims what IL-2 and mainly FB were for the scene some years ago.

Stanger_361st
08-05-2005, 07:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neural_dream:
...But after the issue of PF, and the most recent patch, 4.01, I am having serious doubts regarding a) the likelyhood of getting a complete design, and b) getting balanced historically accurate aircraft.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brass_Monkey:
S! Buzzsaw..........AMEN! My thoughts exactly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Balanced + Historically accurate?
What???? You can't have both. WW2 was a real war, not a balanced game.
And can you be more specific? You have flown some of those warbirds in RL and find them behaving significantly different? You have read pilot accounts? I personally <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">feel</span> it's realistic and that's more than enough. And i can't really understand all that fuss about 4.01. It wasn't that much of a difference. I think you are overreacting.

About the feeling that PF isn't complete, well yes, that's pretty obvious. I won't repeat any of the complaints. I will just hope that in 2006 BoB will be for flight sims what IL-2 and mainly FB were for the scene some years ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you been reading the post after 4.01. Any time a post is started about a allied planes FM or Dm it gets trashed talked. After 4.01 the Jugs Dm got neutered and we know the problems with the 190 DM.

Just my personnel feelings I know, and if I dont like it I do not have to play this game. Dont let the door hit me in the ***. I know all those things that are comming. Dont worry your wished came true. Our squad broked up. But I wonder how many other allied players think that this last patch was difintely bias toward the axis planes.

This community is like politicians. When someone tries to to prove something, He and his family come under personale attacks.

csThor
08-05-2005, 07:52 AM
I always hear "bias towards the axis" this and that and allaroundandeverywhere. The DM bug of the Fw 190 is ... guess what ... a bug that needs fixing. The slat-equiped planes which immune to slow-speed stalls ... a bug needs fixing. I am all for historical realism (this is what defines the genre for me!), but lately the amount of whining makes me wondering if people mix realism with "perceived realism" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I am pretty surprised to see all this flak directed at 4.01 by (*cough cough*) mainly allied flyers (*cough cough*). "No more instant Ace-o-Matic?" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

jamesdietz
08-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Just tell me where I send my check!!!!

ddsflyer
08-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Probably not. PF has been a cluster f*** from the beginning with missing aircraft, especially Japanese, trademark issues (Funny, Micro$oft didn't have these issues with CFS2. I wonder how they got it right and Ubisoft didn't?) and slow support and patches (c'mon 6 months to deilver a patch?), not to mention using PF as a beta tester for the BOB flight model. BOB is too limited a scenario to spend that much money on. I can already make up plenty of BOB mission scenarios with either the UQMG or FMB. I'll probably wait to see what happens with the next generation of consoles as that appears to be where gaming is headed anyway. Besides, I'd much rather play on my 62" HD widescreen than on a computer monitor.

|CoB|_Spectre
08-05-2005, 02:00 PM
I'm pretty much in the "wait and see what it's like" camp. WWII air combat is my favorite genre, but whether I buy BoB (or whatever it will be called) will depend on a few things:

1. Will it require a significant hardware upgrade?

2. Will I be in a position to make such an upgrade?

3. Will the game be a significant advance over what I already have (FB+AEP+PF)?

Looking back on it, I'm still not convinced FB required a separate release rather than being an add-on to IL-2. I just didn't see a quantum improvement in graphics, but maybe the game engine allowed things that are not readily apparent. AEP was worthwhile because it gave an expanded arsenal and FMB maps. PF was a significant improvement over CFS2 (the only other PTO sim) and, IMHO, was also worthwhile although falling far short of what is should have been. The Battle of Britain lasted a scant few months, hardly comparable to entirety of WWII. I mean, just how many RAF intercepts of Jerry coming over the Channel can you take before it becomes boring? My guess is they'll use the game/graphics engine improvements to springboard other theaters, just like they did beyond the Eastern Front in the original IL-2. As a consumer, I'll decide if it's worth my money when there is more substance on which to base the purchase decision. Pure and simple.

Cpt_Jack
08-06-2005, 03:14 AM
Well, after just visiting the website for Battle of Britain II, Wings of Victory, I don't see the point of Oleg even bothering to make a BoB sim. This game seems to be including everything - EVERYTHING - that PF+etc. does not have. Dynamic weather, realistic engine sounds that sound different when you open the cockpit, AI that have the same flight models and limitations as the player's aircraft from the beginning, realistic damage and graphics, and very nice-looking aircraft - and all this that can be played on a reasonable system! I think I will be considering this company's game if I want a BoB sim. If I am to buy Oleg's version, your new game engine better knock my goddam socks off, buddy. And considering that this latest bugged patch for PF's flight models is the beta version for BoB's flight models, I am already not too impressed.

FritzGryphon
08-06-2005, 03:35 AM
It's a retread of an older game, with all the inherent limitations therin despite any prettying up that was done. With no multiplayer. I'd say the exact opposite; why make a BoBII when 1C BoB will do everything that it does, better, and with solid multiplayer.

Of course, it's academic, given that neither game is out yet...

Feathered_IV
08-06-2005, 03:49 AM
Sure, I'll buy BoB on the day it is released. Although the thought of that done-to-death theatre and the plane set being wound back almost to zero does not thrill me at all.

neural_dream
08-06-2005, 07:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cpt_Jack:
Well, after just visiting the website for Battle of Britain II, Wings of Victory, I don't see the ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Cpt_Jack
08-06-2005, 08:43 AM
If 1C's new game engine makes up for what is lacking in the current one, fine. If they can't make dynamic weather and make a way to equalize the goddam flight models this time, forget it. And for the most part, screw multiplayer. Most people online fly with their cockpits off, with icons on, padlock on, external views on, because they have to dumb things down for themselves to get a kill.

Chivas
08-06-2005, 10:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cpt_Jack:
Well, after just visiting the website for Battle of Britain II, Wings of Victory, I don't see the point of Oleg even bothering to make a BoB sim. This game seems to be including everything - EVERYTHING - that PF+etc. does not have. Dynamic weather, realistic engine sounds that sound different when you open the cockpit, AI that have the same flight models and limitations as the player's aircraft from the beginning, realistic damage and graphics, and very nice-looking aircraft - and all this that can be played on a reasonable system! I think I will be considering this company's game if I want a BoB sim. If I am to buy Oleg's version, your new game engine better knock my goddam socks off, buddy. And considering that this latest bugged patch for PF's flight models is the beta version for BoB's flight models, I am already not too impressed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've preordered BOB11 and will give it a go. Rowens BOB had some nice immersive moments but the feel of airial combat was much more immersive in Olegs sim. Hopefully Shockwaves version will give me a year of entertainment before Oleg's version comes out.

Not buying Oleg's version would be like staying with your Volkswagon when your offered a new Porshe for 50 bucks.

Miss-Kitten
08-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Yes, definately. I bought the games since Il2 Sturmovik, and I have no reason to stop yet.

Being a casual gamer has it's advantages. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I'm not all too worried about flight models as long as it is convincing enough for me and I've been enjoying the fairly tale so far.

VF17_CRH
08-07-2005, 09:14 PM
That would be a NO! Not interested in that era of the war, its been done alot in other sims.Why redo it!How about a good Korean war sim?

FritzGryphon
08-07-2005, 09:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">its been done alot in other sims.Why redo it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've never played a BoB sim.

The last dedicated BoB sim AFAIK was Rowan's BoB, and it was before my time.

heywooood
08-07-2005, 09:39 PM
I will buy it - but I sure would be more enthusiastic about it if PF had been a better product.(where ARE the BB's? the torp planes? the rest of the maps?!!)

1c BoB will be pretty to look at - it will cater more to online multi-players so its campaigns and offline immersion will not be what they should - the FMB will be its strongest feature - the FM's and DM's will be argued ad nauseum - no one will be happy with the way it runs on their rig and there will be a huge upturn in quarterly profit ledgers at Intel, Nvidia, ATI, etc....

Bearcat99
08-08-2005, 07:25 AM
I am hoping that when BoB is released the add ons will already be in the pipeline so we wont have to wait too long. IMO that will be a key in how well the series does. I dont thnk the BoB alone will be enpough to hold peoples intrest for long.... but if the other theaters are already in the pipeline and they can do a timed consistant release of new stuff... I think they will further cement thier grip on the sim market. I just hope the few issues with this sim get corrected and I really really hope that whatever copyright issues are still being worked do get resolved..... I will buy the sim because I like 1C sims and from what I have seen of the cockpits alone... if the FMs and DMs are as improved as the cockpits it should be a mindblower....

neural_dream
08-08-2005, 07:35 AM
I would prefer BoB to not have addons. To be complete from the beginning and only get gameplay fixes in patches.

Then 1 year later an MTO sim,

then a WW1 sim,

and so on ...

Bearcat99
08-08-2005, 09:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neural_dream:
I would prefer BoB to not have addons. To be complete from the beginning and only get gameplay fixes in patches.

then a WW1 sim,

and so on ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think one year is too long. 6 to 9 months at the most.. then the Med.. or whatever is next chronologically... it is a shame though that the general consensus for a revisit to the PTO is 5 years... either way I will be flying it though.

Chivas
08-08-2005, 09:05 AM
Nothings ever complete, things evolve at their own pace. We could have just stayed with Pong, and argued over which side had the highest velocity return bounce.

csThor
08-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Personally I think the MTO will be later since adding the years 1941 and 1942 to the BoB basic engine will be much easier. Secondly some planetypes necessary for the MTO will be added this way making the process of actually making the MTO addition easier.

Airmail109
08-08-2005, 09:43 AM
Maybe It would be a good idea if oleg ACTUALLY gave us some solid information about BOB for once! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

3.JG51_BigBear
08-08-2005, 10:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aimail101:
Maybe It would be a good idea if oleg ACTUALLY gave us some solid information about BOB for once! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It'll never happen. Giving out information on what is being developed gives people the impression that the things in development will definitely make it into the game. Most developers seem to have no problem with that and for the most part they're able to implement what they've discussed/promised/whatever. Oleg on the other hand never likes to get pinned down and the forum mods always like to point out that what Oleg said was not a promise but just a statement of what might happen. I guess it has to be done this way because of the fanatics on these boards, the uncertainty of dealing with third party modellers and the small size of Oleg's development team but it makes for a lot of unnecessary speculation and premature complaining.

I know it won't happen but I really whish Oleg would expand his operations, stop using third party material, and release paid addons created by his own team in house. I think it would make for a better game and more open communication about what we could expect in the future and maybe lead to some more constructive community input that seems to have been envisioned when this game was first released and ORR was established.

neural_dream
08-08-2005, 10:23 AM
right

JG7_Rall
08-08-2005, 10:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
I am hoping that when BoB is released the add ons will already be in the pipeline so we wont have to wait too long. IMO that will be a key in how well the series does. I dont thnk the BoB alone will be enpough to hold peoples intrest for long.... but if the other theaters are already in the pipeline and they can do a timed consistant release of new stuff... I think they will further cement thier grip on the sim market. I just hope the few issues with this sim get corrected and I really really hope that whatever copyright issues are still being worked do get resolved..... I will buy the sim because I like 1C sims and from what I have seen of the cockpits alone... if the FMs and DMs are as improved as the cockpits it should be a mindblower.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed!

JG7_Rall
08-08-2005, 10:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chivas:
Nothings ever complete, things evolve at their own pace. We could have just stayed with Pong, and argued over which side had the highest velocity return bounce. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! Good point...

|CoB|_Spectre
08-08-2005, 03:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:

then a WW1 sim,

and so on ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think one year is too long. 6 to 9 months at the most.. then the Med.. or whatever is next chronologically... it is a shame though that the general consensus for a revisit to the PTO is 5 years... either way I will be flying it though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you, Bearcat, a year is too long. However, as has been pointed out by third party modelers who've done aircraft for FB that did make it to release, the manhour requirements for BoB will require many times the work than for FB. That is the downside of advancing graphics capabilities, while it allows more detail, it demands more time to produce. In all, it adds up to longer production time. I cannot foresee anything happening subsequent to BoB's initial release anywhere as fast as it did for FB unless the development team brings more people into the equation. Question is, how long will players of BoB be willing to fly a campaign limited to the air defense of England between 10 July and 31 October, 1940? I will be very surprised if the wait for a significant add-on doesn't take longer than did the 3.5 month long Battle of Britain itself, judging from 1C history.

Tooz_69GIAP
08-08-2005, 04:22 PM
I will buy BoB

carguy_
08-08-2005, 06:00 PM
Few reasons why not:
1.My PC won`t handle it.I will need maybe 14 months to get decent frames.
2.Starforce.If it gets on BoB I`m not buying out of principle.
3.Too limited planeset.I`m assuming that 4.01 FM is a step forward in terms of realism.I have flown auite some time the BF109 and I doubt anything will make me become a n00b again.I have no love for Spitfires,Hurricanes or whichever bombers for that matter so it can be too boring at least until more planes get there.I do not believe that new FM will be even harder because only few tend to admit that they`re not able to take on the toughest settings.Oleg must think about numbers.He will gain many shootemup heroes and he will lose customers like me.A tough nut to crack.
4.Possibility of pay&play online system made with BoB.Absolutely I will not pay if it goes like with WoW(12Euro per month for playing online).

All in all I see the PC&games topic as to why should I be crazy to spend so much on a PC& a product.This is just a PC application that is fun.Putting all issues aside v4.01 is the best game I have ever played.I`m affraid it is so good that BoB will not be able to match the love I have for IL2.PF was a success IMO.I enjoy it everytime.However there are some things I simply refuse to do for a game.
If not BoB,something else will appear on the market through the years.

Chivas
08-09-2005, 10:50 AM
I dont understand why combat flight simmers would pass on BOB. It will be the new standard for WW2 combat flight immersion, far surpassing the immersion level we have now. There are no other combat flight sims being produced that I'm aware of that will compete with Oleg. A system that runs FB well now, will run BOB at lower settings, and these same systems will be very cheap in a year or two when BOB is released. If you can't afford that, then anyone would understand your problem.

Cpt_Jack
08-09-2005, 11:04 AM
I don't think that's the point for a lot of people, Chivas. I know full well Ubi's BoB will be more immersive, and I hope more realistic in terms of player-AI equality. I will not buy Battle of Britain because of the subject. I am not really interested in the Battle of Britain. And as others have pointed out several times before, it has been done to death. There is no point in spending money on (or upgrading a system for) a game I am not interested in, and that just includes a few planes we already have now. This new game engine will be better than anything else - well, that's wonderful. Tell me when we have a Mediterranean sim or a new Pacific sim with this game engine, and I will run out and buy it, ok?

Enthor1
08-09-2005, 12:02 PM
I never thought I would hesitate on buying anything Oleg Maddox was involved in but....

Starforce, if in there, equals no buy, no way.

Any other protection in there will be suspect so delays, while the word on ill effects or none circulate, will occur.

The Starforce debacle and the fact that honest purchasers will suffer through the growing pains of pirate protection development will certainly delay my purchasing a product that would have been an automatic sale a few months ago.

Tallyho1961
08-09-2005, 01:21 PM
Yes. And then, because my PC will most probably not deliver the performance I want, I will square my shoulders, take a deep breath, check my bank account, and go down the old hardware upgrade trail once again.

A flight sim is a cruel mistress.

Hoatee
08-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Can't wait to get my hands on a SpitI/II. Denied to me in uther gamez [either due to their abscence ore utherwize].

Chivas
08-09-2005, 03:20 PM
I don't think that's the point for a lot of people, Chivas. I know full well Ubi's BoB will be more immersive, and I hope more realistic in terms of player-AI equality. I will not buy Battle of Britain because of the subject. I am not really interested in the Battle of Britain. And as others have pointed out several times before, it has been done to death. There is no point in spending money on (or upgrading a system for) a game I am not interested in, and that just includes a few planes we already have now. This new game engine will be better than anything else - well, that's wonderful. Tell me when we have a Mediterranean sim or a new Pacific sim with this game engine, and I will run out and buy it, ok? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe the Med will be the next add-on to the BOB engine. You could get BOB, and you will have basicly the same British, German, and Italian aircraft that the Med used. I'm sure you could use the FMB to set up the Isle of Man as Malta,until the Med comes out. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

crazyivan1970
08-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Enough silliness already, you all will buy it. BOB is just a start, rest of the theaters will build on it.

DuxCorvan
08-09-2005, 03:52 PM
1) My PC won't be able to run it at first.
2) Air sims disappear soon from shelves.
3) I'll buy it and will dream watching the screens while I save for a new rig.
4) Alternatives of similar quality = 0

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Bearcat99
08-09-2005, 04:09 PM
I just dont understand some folks..... Personally I am not crazy about the theater either.. and it has been done to death... but I wont be buying it primarily for the theater. I will be buying it because I am a flight sim fiend and 1C's BoB will (unless someone pulls a humongous rabbit out of thier hat) represent the next step in the evolution of the genre. I am not into comercial sims..... at all... but you can bet that if someone came up with a 3D comercial sim on the lines of FSXX.. I would be on it in a heart beat... just to check out the nextgen of the genre.... and knowing that sooner or later it will put me right where I want to be.

I know that even if the theater has been done adnauseum and the plane set is limited..... it will still be unlike any other WW2 sim on the market...... unless of course..... the rabbit.... One thing I did learn from IL2.... no two things actually....... 1)1C is worth $50 of my cash to give them a shot on a flight sim sight unseen..... the odds are in thier favor that it will be kickin.... and 2)You cannot judge a sim buy it's plane set or theater... it is what's on your screen that will ultimatell tell the tale.......

neural_dream
08-09-2005, 04:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">it is what's on your screen that will ultimatell tell the tale </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and may i add it's not only what's on your screen, it's also what sound they will produce and what kind of support for new stuff like TIR and whatever other revolutionary thing will be out there by next year. If immersion is your goal and not just looking at pretty new graphics.

NorrisMcWhirter
08-09-2005, 08:55 PM
Depends. I'd have to buy a new PC to run it so there is an obvious stumbling block.

The game has had good support over time (plus point) although some of the changes have been unfortunate, to say the least.

If Il2 series pans out without too much 'bias' AND BoB appears to be something both good and approaching being finished, I might.

Ta,
Norris

GAU-8
08-09-2005, 11:25 PM
i tell myself "that game looks absolutely cheasy/dumb/waste of time"

makes me forget about it until launch time, and im always pleasantly rewarded with good games...compared to what i "told" myself...they are always much better ..

i did this just a few weeks ago with falcon 4.0 allied ...hey! not bad!..and i thought it was a peice o sheeet before release date .

it works http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-10-2005, 07:00 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif
Heck no!!!! I would never buy any of Oleg Maddox's garbage. He fell to influences of the few instead of building what the many wanted.
Hi Hunter you going to ban this name forever also? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif ?.

Hoatee
08-10-2005, 07:09 AM
Banning ain't unique to this forum, you know. The reasons for doing so can vary though.

Hunter82
08-10-2005, 08:49 AM
Ummm I haven't banned anyone in over 6 months....you may want to check out who really did it slack job

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Renegade__50:
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif
Heck no!!!! I would never buy any of Oleg Maddox's garbage. He fell to influences of the few instead of building what the many wanted.
Hi Hunter you going to ban this name forever also? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif ?. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Treetop64
08-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Man... That is the easiest "yes" that I can ever give an answer for!

Well...

That, and if a girl ever asks me to, well, you know!