PDA

View Full Version : Is there a point in reporting old bugs?

JtD
10-19-2009, 02:04 AM
Question to Team Daidalos.

Is there a point in reporting old bugs/issues/features to you?

Do you have the resources to look into old flight models, damage models etc.? Or is that reserved for 1C?

JtD
10-19-2009, 02:04 AM

Do you have the resources to look into old flight models, damage models etc.? Or is that reserved for 1C?

FatCat_99
10-19-2009, 02:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JtD:

Do you have the resources to look into old flight models, damage models etc.? Or is that reserved for 1C? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is not clear at the moment but we will try to get straight answer from Oleg what are we allowed to do and what not.

We would like to fix some old problems if possible but "pride" might be a problem in some cases.

FC

JtD
10-19-2009, 03:07 AM
Thank you for the answer, please keep us updated.

There are some fixes/improvements I'd love to see.

DKoor
10-19-2009, 03:38 AM
Ahh... it would be sort of a catharsis after all this time... FW fixes, LaGG/LA/Yak fixes, MG/HMG fixes (?)... several things on top of my head...

AndyJWest
10-19-2009, 03:55 AM
JtD writes: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> There are some fixes/improvements I'd love to see. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are improvements I'd like to see, though I'm sure they might not all turn out to be practical.

'Fixes' for existing DMs, FMs and the like are a whole new can of worms though. If I was involved with TD I'd be vary wary of getting into that because the result would almost certainly be endless arguments about what was right, accusations of hidden agendas and the rest. It could also lead to even more fragmentation of the IL-2 community as modders might well say 'if TD can do it, why can't we?'. I say unless there is a broad consensus about necessary changes, leave well alone, and concentrate on adding new aircraft, improving the QMB and FMB, and other such projects - there is plenty of work to be done without courting controversy.

JtD
10-19-2009, 04:07 AM
There are very obvious errors with very obvious solutions with a number of planes, some minor, some major, which do not need to be debated. Most likely, a lot of them do not even need to be reported, as they are well known. It's just about implementing them in game.

M_Gunz
10-19-2009, 04:09 AM
I feel total agreement with Andy except that I feel sure that some feel free play with FM/DM through the
"new model" avenue even before TD made themselves known.

I consider that flying and shooting as an Ace is something akin to Olympics figure skating. It must be
done right to achieve the moves. When it becomes possible to skate smoothly without the smooth moves,
timing and balanced strength of the trained and long-practiced skater -- when spastic moves can win even
the bronze then you have reached the arcade stage, BE SURE! There is more to it than pull the stick to
put the nose directly here or there when it is flying but when effects can be modded out there is less.

M_Gunz
10-19-2009, 04:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JtD:
There are very obvious errors with very obvious solutions with a number of planes, some minor, some major, which do not need to be debated. Most likely, a lot of them do not even need to be reported, as they are well known. It's just about implementing them in game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also very true. The judgment of what to do and how much.. too critical to allow decision by forum politics?

DKoor
10-19-2009, 04:51 AM
Like anyone care for forum politicians anyway.
This is not 2003 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif .