PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's creed gamespot preview featuring spoilers.

NoirEvil
10-28-2011, 01:11 AM
Assassin's Creed Preview (http://au.gamespot.com/ps3/action/assassins-creed-revelations/news/6342811/assassins-creed-revelations-updated-hands-on-preview?sid=6342811&mode=previews&tag=topslot;title;2)
It confirms that one of my favourite parts from The Secret Crusade will come to pass. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

SleezeRocker
10-28-2011, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by NoirEvil:
It confirms that one of my favourite parts from The Secret Crusade will come to pass. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Hehehe yes!!

Moultonborough
10-28-2011, 03:21 AM
It was wicked tempting to open the spoilers. I did, read the first sentence and shut it really really quick. Still cool to see though. Can't wait till their full review but more so for Nov 15th.

XxKillaChaosxX
10-28-2011, 03:51 AM
I'm so glad they're going over the events that happened in The Secret Crusades.

ace3001
10-29-2011, 06:04 AM
Couldn't resist clicking. But no harm done. The first one was already known from all the videos, and the second one is in The Secret Crusade which I read.
It seems the latter is done differently in the game, though. In the book,
SPOILERS FOR SECRET CRUSADE
Malik's death is revealed at that point by Abbas,
END SPOILERS
but that is not mentioned here in the review. So maybe the novel is not canon after all.

dxsxhxcx
10-29-2011, 06:15 AM
[SPOILERS - ACR] <span class="ev_code_WHITE">no Mongolia for us... =/ Do it as a DLC, Ubisoft!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif</span>

Jexx21
10-29-2011, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
Couldn't resist clicking. But no harm done. The first one was already known from all the videos, and the second one is in The Secret Crusade which I read.
END SPOILERS
but that is not mentioned here in the review. So maybe the novel is not canon after all.

The novel is def. canon. UbiSoft said that all the novels are canon. The Secret Crusade may be off on some details, but remember it was written by a Polo who was told the story.

YHHTQ
10-29-2011, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
END SPOILERS

The novel is def. canon. UbiSoft said that all the novels are canon. The Secret Crusade may be off on some details, but remember it was written by a Polo who was told the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Every single novel I've read thus far has been off in one detail or another. I haven't read The Secret Crusade yet but I'm hardly surprised that such is the case.

I still wish that Bowden wrote stuff that happened outside the games, starring Giovanni Auditore or some other Desmond ancestor.

SweetsMachineGun
10-29-2011, 10:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
END SPOILERS

The novel is def. canon. UbiSoft said that all the novels are canon. The Secret Crusade may be off on some details, but remember it was written by a Polo who was told the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe they've said before at press meetings that the books are canon BUT the game overrides the book's canon if something happens differently.

EDIT: Although, if they omit certain parts of the secret crusade, I'll probably choose to disregard it as canon like some people do with the star wars novels. I just don't like Bowden's storytelling very much. The Secret Crusade especially seemed very hastily written and had a lot of loopholes.

dxsxhxcx
10-29-2011, 10:08 AM
END SPOILERS

[SPOILERS - THE SECRET CRUSADE in white]

the reason the novel may be off on some details is because Ubisoft didn't want some things to happen in the game the same way they did in the book, this has nothing to do with who wrote the book...

I don't know why they decided to not show <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Malik's death</span> in the game though. I liked the way <span class="ev_code_WHITE">he died in the book</span> and I was expecting to play the mission where <span class="ev_code_WHITE"> Altair saved Malik from prison</span>... =/

LightRey
10-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by YHHTQ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
END SPOILERS

Every single novel I've read thus far has been off in one detail or another. I haven't read The Secret Crusade yet but I'm hardly surprised that such is the case.

I still wish that Bowden wrote stuff that happened outside the games, starring Giovanni Auditore or some other Desmond ancestor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'd prefer that too. That might actually give me reason to read the novels.

SweetsMachineGun
10-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
END SPOILERS

[SPOILERS - THE SECRET CRUSADE in white]

the reason the novel may be off on some details is because Ubisoft didn't want some things to happen in the game the same way they did in the book, this has nothing to do with who wrote the book...

I don't know why they decided to not show <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Malik's death</span> in the game though. I liked the way <span class="ev_code_WHITE">he died in the book</span> and I was expecting to play the mission where <span class="ev_code_WHITE"> Altair saved Malik from prison</span>... =/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

[SPOILERS highlight to read]

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">
I'm wondering if it was because they didn't have time to make an old age character model for Malik. In all honesty, I would have liked to play out the rescue mission. I did feel his death was rather sloppily written though.

I just severely hope they don't kill him EARLIER than he dies in the book. :'D </span>

RzaRecta357
10-29-2011, 10:44 AM

Man, I hope they at least explain for some people what he did in between though. I guess it will in his Codex thingy.

It's gonna be weird to see him age that quick. That probably means one of the ending scenes will happen.

SPOILERS!

All I'm gonna say is bandits....and that's gonna be weird but friggin awesome.