PDA

View Full Version : Ubi.com game lobbies stink

TG_Gazoo
02-19-2006, 06:16 AM
Quite simply put, Ubi's gameing lobbies suck!

Never before have I seen such a nightmare when trying to join games than through Ubi.com's servers...

What the hell is it with Ubi?

Do they not think that we should communicate with each other? or do they think that we can't?

Noticed it today again with the lobby down.

I go install Ubi.com to look for some games to play.. Not only is there lobby completely organized, but there's no way to chat in the main lobby to kind of organize missions.. Look below in the chat window at "Chat in Lobby..."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/JG26_EZ/DownWithUbi.jpg

Permanently disabled?!?!?! WTF ? ? ?

I noticed this when joining Silent Hunter III aswell.. Absolutely no way of communicating with the people in the lobby.. wether it is to help one another, or to explain what the next mission is all about.. (in SHIII you would see what a person was doing wrong, which wouldn't allow anyone to join the game being readied, and no way of telling the host what they were doing wrong so they can make the best out of the money they just put into the game)

Do they not realize why we multi play?

I always thought it was to interact with each other and so on and so on.. It seems as if Ubi would cut out our tongues if we had to enter a building to join multiplayer rooms.

They have NO idea what a %#$% service they run.

And yes I realize I was in the FB+AEP section.. but there's another thing... can't seem to find FB+AEP+PF section in their unorganized mess.

TG_Gazoo
02-19-2006, 06:16 AM
Quite simply put, Ubi's gameing lobbies suck!

Never before have I seen such a nightmare when trying to join games than through Ubi.com's servers...

What the hell is it with Ubi?

Do they not think that we should communicate with each other? or do they think that we can't?

Noticed it today again with the lobby down.

I go install Ubi.com to look for some games to play.. Not only is there lobby completely organized, but there's no way to chat in the main lobby to kind of organize missions.. Look below in the chat window at "Chat in Lobby..."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/JG26_EZ/DownWithUbi.jpg

Permanently disabled?!?!?! WTF ? ? ?

I noticed this when joining Silent Hunter III aswell.. Absolutely no way of communicating with the people in the lobby.. wether it is to help one another, or to explain what the next mission is all about.. (in SHIII you would see what a person was doing wrong, which wouldn't allow anyone to join the game being readied, and no way of telling the host what they were doing wrong so they can make the best out of the money they just put into the game)

Do they not realize why we multi play?

I always thought it was to interact with each other and so on and so on.. It seems as if Ubi would cut out our tongues if we had to enter a building to join multiplayer rooms.

They have NO idea what a %#$% service they run.

And yes I realize I was in the FB+AEP section.. but there's another thing... can't seem to find FB+AEP+PF section in their unorganized mess.

Hurricane_320
02-19-2006, 06:38 AM
IBTL

Hawgdog
02-19-2006, 06:42 AM
IBTL, and yes, they do poo-poo.
I ONLY use hyper, and how that its down...woe is us, all of us!
hahahaha ubizoo lobby

Stafroty
02-19-2006, 06:47 AM
use Hyperlobby http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif you find it with google

LT.INSTG8R
02-19-2006, 06:50 AM
You can Blame the Ghost Recon Lobby for that(chat disabled) it was being constantly Bot Spammed, Crashed, Hacked thru MiRC channels, so they finally did the only real solution shut it off, its just too bad the rest had to suffer.

Taylortony
02-19-2006, 07:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LT.INSTG8R:
You can Blame the Ghost Recon Lobby for that(chat disabled) it was being constantly Bot Spammed, Crashed, Hacked thru MiRC channels, so they finally did the only real solution shut it off, its just too bad the rest had to suffer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before you deride Ubi's decision, remember the likes of Call of Duty never ever had one so hat's off to ubi for trying and try they did for many years.......... problem was they never set up any people with the power of mods to keeps it clean

Hawgdog
02-19-2006, 09:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taylortony:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LT.INSTG8R:
You can Blame the Ghost Recon Lobby for that(chat disabled) it was being constantly Bot Spammed, Crashed, Hacked thru MiRC channels, so they finally did the only real solution shut it off, its just too bad the rest had to suffer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually COD did ONE STEP BETTER! An in game hub.
You find games, all games, various filters thru the installed game hub.
Anyone know why UBI hasn't done this?
And not that stink they offer either, a world wide hub, like Hyper

Before you deride Ubi's decision, remember the likes of Call of Duty never ever had one so hat's off to ubi for trying and try they did for many years.......... problem was they never set up any people with the power of mods to keeps it clean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

JG52-6High
02-19-2006, 09:28 AM
Only alternative when HL goes on holidays is All-seeing-eye. Not perfect, but good for emergencies. Ubi.com? Pfffffft! (as my dear squadmate would say...)

LT.INSTG8R
02-19-2006, 09:31 AM
Im not deriding it at all Tony I used the system for MANY years and was witness to all the **** that made it the way it is now.
All Ubi games now have there own built in Lobbies so the Ubi Lobby sytem is antiquated system and it surprises me they still leave it running at all,but dont think Im knocking it its just old and tired and they have come up with a better solution(In-game lobbies in fact in the latest R6 actually includes your Ubi Lobby friends list to my surprise)

F16_Petter
02-19-2006, 09:33 AM
ASE in combinatin with IRC chat is the way our squad go nowadays...

Free to use for anyone as long as HL is down...
http://flygflottilj16.se/e107_plugins/irc/irc.php

TG_Gazoo
02-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Yeah HL is my usual but I hear the ASE is "iffy" and not the best thing to be installing into your machine..

This is all hear-say but still not gonna install ASE

Willey
02-19-2006, 09:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stafroty:
use Hyperlobby http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif you find it with google </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He does use it - but it's down ATM. So there should be an alternative, and ubi.com is not one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Willey
02-19-2006, 09:54 AM
BTW, ASE is teh suck. Friendslist doesn't work, joining via it is pain in the ***, EVERY time I restart it I completely have to reconfig it, and worst of all, it does always just spit out 1,2 or maybe even 3 servers, but NEVER all at once. Apart from that, it's payware... but while the shareware version is a POS already, I'd never ever even think of paying for that program.

BM357_TinMan
02-19-2006, 09:59 AM
YES they do and IBTL

gx-warspite
02-19-2006, 10:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taylortony:
Before you deride Ubi's decision, remember the likes of Call of Duty never ever had one so hat's off to ubi for trying and try they did for many years.......... problem was they never set up any people with the power of mods to keeps it clean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I prefer CoD's in-game server browser to any chat lobbies.

T_O_A_D
02-19-2006, 10:09 AM
Yeh
COD,MOH,Vietcong, all have ingame browsers for online games, I wish we had it too.

JG52Uther
02-19-2006, 10:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">BTW, ASE is teh suck. Friendslist doesn't work, joining via it is pain in the ***, EVERY time I restart it I completely have to reconfig it, and worst of all, it does always just spit out 1,2 or maybe even 3 servers, but NEVER all at once. Apart from that, it's payware... but while the shareware version is a POS already, I'd never ever even think of paying for that program. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dont know whay you are doing wrong then.Every time i start it up all the servers are there.